Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for online sms provider to receive verification messages
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for online sms provider to receive verification messages

WHTWHT Member
edited January 2017 in General

Hello guys.

Is there a provider where I can become sms online? Like purchasing a phone number with sms online.

Thank you.

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited January 2017

Nexmo is my favourite provider.

Thanked by 3WHT Tom GCat
  • CamCam Member, Patron Provider

Would google talk be something what your looking for? Or more of a service that has an API that you can use?

• WHTWHT Member

No api needed. Just need a number where lats say instagram or facebook can send me verufication code.

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

Oh yeah google voice will get the job done. It's free :)

Thanked by 2WHT GCat
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Twilio is good, you can buy a number and send as welll as receive SMS

Thanked by 1WHT
    edited January 2017

@WHT said:
    No api needed. Just need a number where lats say instagram or facebook can send me verufication code.

Ah, don't use nexmo then. Your account will get suspended.

Thanked by 1WHT
  • TomTom Member

@trewq said:
    Nexmo is my favourite provider.

Damn, looks very nice actually.

• clickatel

• Depends on country, but why not just download a random free calling/texting app?

• vyke will give you a mobile number and send sms

• I've been using vitelity.com. Twilio also has this and they look ok but I haven't tried them. I tend to be scared of any free service from a big company (be the customer not the product) so I've stayed away from Google Voice.

• any recommandations for phone call verifications (not sms txt) ?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Don't know about on PC, but if you have Android or iOS you can sign up on the Sideline app to get a secondary phone number that you can use just like a normal one through the app. I've used it for a long time.

• @doghouch said:
    Depends on country, but why not just download a random free calling/texting app?

Pretty sure services like that only work in counties where both the caller and the receiver pay for calls.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited January 2017

Order real SIM card, all these online SMS providers are limited and extended to receive SMS only from private senders, just waste time.

• WHTWHT Member

@doghouch said:
    Depends on country, but why not just download a random free calling/texting app?

Suggestion?

• WHTWHT Member

@MikeA said:
    Don't know about on PC, but if you have Android or iOS you can sign up on the Sideline app to get a secondary phone number that you can use just like a normal one through the app. I've used it for a long time.

Its not sending the verification sms for some reason. Maybe its only for us.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Why would you need a disposable phone number for a verification text messages ?

• WHTWHT Member

@Clouvider said:

I do not want my mobile number on facebook. Who knows maybe they can charge for something.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@WHT said:

@Clouvider said:

I do not want my mobile number on facebook. Who knows maybe they can charge for something.

How could they charge for something without your approval ?

• WHTWHT Member

@Clouvider said:

@WHT said:

@Clouvider said:

How could they charge for something without your approval ?

Who knows. Am getting some popups on my phone that facebook could charge for notifications. It can happend.

• I just looked for a few apps @WHT:

• Nextplus
    • Fongo (gives a Canadian #)
    • TextMe (US/Canadian #)
    Thanked by 1WHT
  • Sideline is perfect

• WHTWHT Member

@GCat said:
    Sideline is perfect

Am not getting the verification sms when I register.

• @WHT said:

@GCat said:
    Sideline is perfect

Am not getting the verification sms when I register.

Contact their support

• WHT can you change the title? It took me a while to figure out that by "Become sms online" you meant "Receive sms online". I'm guessing you speak German (engl. receive = german bekommen; engl. become = german werden). :)

@willie said:
    WHT can you change the title? It took me a while to figure out that by "Become sms online" you meant "Receive sms online". I'm guessing you speak German (engl. receive = german bekommen; engl. become = german werden). :)

I've fixed it up.

Thanked by 1willie
  • https://hushed.com/ - You get free 3 day trial.