Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whmcs 7.1 and stripe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whmcs 7.1 and stripe

AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
edited January 2017 in General

Hello,

After we updated our whmcs to 7.1 we are getting issues with stripe credit card module, found something about this https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?122750-Upgrade-to-7-1-Strip-Module-Required-Template-Changes&p=495058#post495058

But still problem not solved, are anyone having this issue? Actually you will see this error when you go to Payment gateways.
Contacted stripe about this but no luck at all:

Hi there, Greetings from Stripe! Thanks for reaching out, and I am happy to help you today. Something in your code is passing an incorrect/empty value as if it's not set properly. There must be a setting in your plugin that you can enable to set the statement descriptor that appears on charges. If not, the only solution here would be to contact the plugin developers directly on this matter. I'm really sorry about the confusion here, and I hope this information clears things up! Please let me know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else we can do for you. All the best, Dave

Cheers.

Comments

• What is the actual issue / error you see when client tried to make payment?

Sorry if missed in your post.

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • lol, another update...

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2017
    pre please.

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

we had an issue with it as well. Just gave up on it and switched to using authorize.net

The issue was with the way it was reading the profiles in strip. If a customer took out a credit card or had paid before with PayPal or something then tried to pay with a credit card it would never work.

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I use the new official Stripe module with standard_cart and it works perfectly fine. If you get a template modification error on the module page just ignore it, it's a false positive and will be fixed in a future update.

Check my order form to see how it is, but it's just the default WHMCS credit card form really.

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Nevermind, fixed by updating stripe module for whmcs 7* version and standard_cart.