Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
$2.5/m Jacksonville VPS - 512 MB RAM - 9 Months in Business
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

$2.5/m Jacksonville VPS - 512 MB RAM - 9 Months in Business

YourLastHostYourLastHost Member, Provider

Since it’s been some time since we’ve posted an offer here at LET, let us properly introduce ourselves before getting into the nuts and bolts of the offer.

-We are a legally registered company.

-Our team is experienced, polite, and available 24/7.

-We do not believe in overloading servers. Providing a quality service to few is far more important than providing a poor service to many.

-And above all, we are serious about web hosting.

A few nuts-and-bolts details about our operation:

-We operate our servers out of Jacksonville, Florida.

-We run Dual X5650 servers with 4x1TB drives in RAID10.

-We have clean IP addresses, and we are not spam friendly.

-We have a 99.99% network uptime guarantee.

-We provide undersold OpenVZ virtualization.

-We have a 90 day money back guarantee

U-512 - $2.50/m

1 Core @ 2.40+ GHz

512 MB Memory

15 GB RAID-10 Storage

1 TB Bandwidth

1 Clean IPv4 Address

Order Here - $3.50/m

Please note that these are introductory prices. Our prices will go up soon, so secure your rate by ordering now.

U-1536 - $5.50/m

2 Cores @ 2.40+ GHz

1536 MB RAM

50 GB RAID-10 Storage

3 TB Bandwidth

1 Clean IPv4 Address

Order Here - $5.50/m

Please note that these are introductory prices. Our prices will go up soon, so secure your rate by ordering now.

Looking Glass:
http://www.yourlasthost.com/lg/

YourLastHost : The Last Web Host You Will Ever Need

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Moderator, Provider
    edited January 2017

YourLastHost said: Please note that these are introductory prices. Our prices will go up soon, so secure your rate by ordering now.

How is this introductory pricing when you have been offering it at the same price for almost a year?

Also your looking glass doesn't work at all. It also displays your web servers IP because you've setup the reverse proxy wrong.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • I assume you're using ServerComplete facilities.

What makes your offer better than ordering a VPS directly from them?

• If you're underselling, why not offer this as KVM?

• @Dextronox said:
    If you're underselling, why not offer this as KVM?

Undersold does not mean underallocated the way I see it ;)

• JonchunJonchun Member, Provider

@zafouhar said:

@Dextronox said:

You're seeing it wrong then...

• @Jonchun said:

@zafouhar said:

@Dextronox said:

I don't know, its just weird because everyone does some sort of overallocating of resources particularly with OpenVZ where its really easy to do so and its fine to overallocate resources up to a point.

@zafouhar said:

@Jonchun said:

@zafouhar said:

@Dextronox said:

I don't know, its just weird because everyone does some sort of overallocating of resources particularly with OpenVZ where its really easy to do so and its fine to overallocate resources up to a point.

its fine to overallocate oversell resources up to a point.

Just because it's fine and it will work correctly does not mean it is not overselling... Overselling doesn't have to be a bad thing, but denying that it is oversold is just.. wrong...

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @Jonchun said:

@zafouhar said:

@Jonchun said:

@zafouhar said:

@Dextronox said:

its fine to overallocate oversell resources up to a point.

Just because it's fine and it will work correctly does not mean it is not overselling... Overselling doesn't have to be a bad thing, but denying that it is oversold is just.. wrong...

Unless of course it isn't oversold. In which case, it's a bit ridiculous to offer this as OVZ.

@Dextronox said:
    Unless of course it isn't oversold. In which case, it's a bit ridiculous to offer this as OVZ.

Everything is oversold unless you're talking 4 figures monthly at which point you MIGHT have truly dedicated resources. If not CPU being oversold, even with KVM you most definitely have bandwidth being oversold. Finally, it's not necessarily ridiculous to offer OVZ considering it does come with minor performance improvements. If you don't need custom kernels and are running Linux, why not take the free performance boost?

• @Jonchun said:

@Dextronox said:

Everything is oversold unless you're talking 4 figures monthly at which point you MIGHT have truly dedicated resources. If not CPU being oversold, even with KVM you most definitely have bandwidth being oversold. Finally, it's not necessarily ridiculous to offer OVZ considering it does come with minor performance improvements. If you don't need custom kernels and are running Linux, why not take the free performance boost?

I doubt most people realistically are going to choose OVZ over KVM, if the price is the same, as the performance loss is negligible compared to the options it gives you. Also, plenty of providers offer dedicated resources at well under a 4 figure price tag. I.E. BuyVM gives you guaranteed CPU usage, ram, bandwidth and diskspace for $15/m, if i'm reading their page right. Hell, I can rent a full dedicated server for 2 figures.

@Dextronox said:

@Jonchun said:

@Dextronox said:

I doubt most people realistically are going to choose OVZ over KVM, if the price is the same, as the performance loss is negligible compared to the options it gives you. Also, plenty of providers offer dedicated resources at well under a 4 figure price tag. I.E. BuyVM gives you guaranteed CPU usage, ram, bandwidth and diskspace for $15/m, if i'm reading their page right. Hell, I can rent a full dedicated server for 2 figures.

Read: Bandwidth

• @Jonchun said:

@Dextronox said:

@Jonchun said:

@Dextronox said:

You can use all the bandwidth in a BuyVM 'slice'.

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited January 2017

@Dextronox said:

@Jonchun said:

@Dextronox said:

@Jonchun said:

@Dextronox said:

He's talking about the 1 gigabit link that's basically burstable, not sustained. Cant burn through the x amount of GB in a as-short-as-technically-possible time.

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• @teamacc said:

@Dextronox said:

@Jonchun said:

@Dextronox said:

@Jonchun said:

@Dextronox said:

He's talking about the 1 gigabit link that's basically burstable, not sustained. Cant burn through the x amount of GB in a as-short-as-technically-possible time.

Ahh, I see. He's talking about the port rather than the data itself. The port is absolutely oversold. My bad.

• WSSWSS Member

Does anyone else see the terminology "Your LAST Host" as possibly detrimental, rather than optimistic?

• @WSS said:
    Does anyone else see the terminology "Your LAST Host" as possibly detrimental, rather than optimistic?

"Buy from us now AND we kill you"

At least it's something different than the normal way of selling.

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• darkdark Member

this hosting even charge you 2 month fee,after you cancel the vps before the end of the first month!