Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email Transfer Hosting in Australia?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email Transfer Hosting in Australia?

I run a site called transfermyemail.ca - we have a client in Australia that for obvious reasons has a slow time transferring emails (up to a minute per block of 10 emails), as the host is Ramnode, which is nowhere near Australia, and the existing email host is sloooow.

Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a cheap reliable host in Australia for some temporary hosting of a script that uses minimal space and low sustained cpu usage for up to 20,000 or more emails being transferred at a time. I won't need it for long, although we do get some requests from down under, it's not often that the mailboxes are larger like this.

Comments

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited January 2017

Guess it not only a network problem when mail delivered slower than instant.

• Typically we can power through 20,000 emails quite quickly, and I did 75,000 from Google Apps to Exchange in a couple of hours. That works out to about 10 a second. This is closer to 1 email copied every 3-5 seconds, which is just .... way too slow to be practical!

• So you are saying that the email transfer between the 2 largest email providers in the world is the standard that all other providers must meet? I think they tainted your view of actual speed from other providers

• Nice idea for company! Just installing imapsync to a ssl'd vps and, voila! The service is ready to go! (genuine admiring of the idea deploying a really simple task for non techs)

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited January 2017

Try netzero email, they deliver after 30-45 min from send time :)

Gmail fastest send/delivery,cannot be compared with everyone

• @OhMyMy said:
    So you are saying that the email transfer between the 2 largest email providers in the world is the standard that all other providers must meet? I think they tainted your view of actual speed from other providers

Internal exchange - not office 365. It's the high end of the spectrum, absolutely, and I don't hold it as an average benchmark. Even if it were somewhere in between I'd be happy. At this rate though, transferring a mailbox this size is going to take about 30 hours.

• So start it - go to the pub, come back tomorrow and its done. if its a rare occurrence, like once a year, just grind it out and be done with it. If its every week- invest the time to make better solution

• @OhMyMy said:
    So start it - go to the pub, come back tomorrow and its done. if its a rare occurrence, like once a year, just grind it out and be done with it. If its every week- invest the time to make better solution

I did start it and am leaving it - my original request was for suggestions for a host in Australia so I COULD invest in a better solution. I can make this site distributed if need be, and this is a step in that direction. Helpful comments would be appreciated - if there are no good hosts in Australia then just tell me that, and while I appreciate your responses, neither of them give me an answer to the original request in any way.

• Maybe check with @oliver at RansomIT. People like his services. maybe he has some ideas as to if there is anything he can do or if he knows others in Australia that might help you

• Awesome, thanks so much, I have messaged him!

• OhMyMy thank you - I have set up a VPS with RansomIT and it's approximately 80% faster to transfer in-country in Australia than it is holding it in memory in North America.