Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

European-based free non-logging public DNS provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

European-based free non-logging public DNS provider

I use Google DNS, but I do not trust Google DNS.Would you recommend a non-logging free public DNS provider whose headquarters and servers are in Europe?I thank everyone.

Comments

• https://greycoder.com/list-uncensored-dns-providers/

I like the Danish one. Atleast fast from UK. Not a fan of other two.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @nagug said:
    https://greycoder.com/list-uncensored-dns-providers/

I use dns.watch - no issues.

• Using DNS.watch and my own ad blocking DNS, no problems at all.

Thanked by 2karjaj Ympker
  • Never used it myself but I believe its ran by @fusl http://dnsrec.meo.ws/

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

own resolver perhaps. Even if someone claims they don't log, they as well might.

• VeriSign DNS told about respect privacy and not log users, but nobody knows.. ;)

• @jenkki said:
    VeriSign DNS told about respect privacy and not log users, but nobody knows.. ;)

I do not want my information to be sent to the NSA. :D There is no trust in any US based company.

@HackedServer said:
    Never used it myself but I believe its ran by @fusl http://dnsrec.meo.ws/

Are they normal DNS servers or DNSCrypt servers?

OpenNIC broke its stability over the last few months.

@nagug said:
    https://greycoder.com/list-uncensored-dns-providers/

Thank you.

I am looking for different alternatives.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited January 2017

hanidoya said: hanidoya

Try Yandex DNS Based in Russia

https://dns.yandex.com/

• Better to have at least two DNS IP

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2017

@joodle said:
    Using DNS.watch and my own ad blocking DNS, no problems at all.

This guys DNS is awesome :P Used it the other day^^
    Can you acctually explain to me how blocking ads via a dns works? Im a total nub and I thought DNS was just for resolving Hostnames etc. So Im assuming you can somehow block certain Extensions/automatic triggering of js and the like?

• @Ympker said:

@joodle said:

Can you acctually explain to me how blocking ads via a dns works? Im a total nub and I thought DNS was just for resolving Hostnames etc. So Im assuming you can somehow block certain Extensions/automatic triggering of js and the like?

DNS based adblock simply routes all known advertising domains to 127.0.0.1 or the like.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • If you want to be sure no logging is involved you'd probably have to run your own DNS resolver as anybody can claim they don't log while they do. Install unbound or pdnsd for example. It won't be as fast though.

• I use Ubuntu. I set it in the resolv.conf file. (nameserver 93.95.228.87) But when I want to surf with the browser, it gives me an error. Is this a normal DNS server or just a DNSCrypt server?

@jenkki said:

Better to have at least two DNS IP

I use Ubuntu. I set it in the resolv.conf file. (nameserver 93.95.228.87) But when I want to surf with the browser, it gives me an error. Is this a normal DNS server or just a DNSCrypt server?

• hanidoya said: Is this a normal DNS server or just a DNSCrypt server?

DNSCrypt. You'll have to install dnscrypt-proxy.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2017

@MagicalTrain said:

@Ympker said:

@joodle said:

DNS based adblock simply routes all known advertising domains to 127.0.0.1 or the like.

Aha so it sorta goes to /dev/null just that in this case thats localhost/127.0.0.1 ?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Ympker said:

@MagicalTrain said:

@Ympker said:

@joodle said:

Aha so it sorta goes to /dev/null just that in this case thats localhost/127.0.0.1 ?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @pbgben said:

@Ympker said:

@MagicalTrain said:

@Ympker said:

@joodle said:

Damn Id love to know that reference now :P Unfortunately I dont seem to know the dude on the gif :/

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Ympker said:

@pbgben said:

@Ympker said:

@MagicalTrain said:

@Ympker said:

@joodle said:

Damn Id love to know that reference now :P Unfortunately I dont seem to know the dude on the gif :/

He is saying yarp

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • From the movie Hot Fuzz :-)

• @datanoise said:
    If you want to be sure no logging is involved you'd probably have to run your own DNS resolver as anybody can claim they don't log while they do. Install unbound or pdnsd for example. It won't be as fast though.

Cant this be used for dns amplification attacks?

• @noaman said:

Cant this be used for dns amplification attacks?

It won't, unless you -deliberately or inadvertently- make it an open resolver.

• Not sure, but I think @william @joeri or @joepie91 ran a dns server, tagging for confirmation

Thanked by 1joeri
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited January 2017

iKeyZ said: From the movie Hot Fuzz :-)

Good movie. The others in the cornetto trilogy are cool also.

teamacc said: Not sure, but I think @william @joeri or @joepie91 ran a dns server, tagging for confirmation

I run many things, but no resolving DNS...

• HackedServerHackedServer Member
    edited January 2017

Nvm..

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

@teamacc said:
    Not sure, but I think @william @joeri or @joepie91 ran a dns server, tagging for confirmation

We have now only DNS hosting (dnsmanager.io) but we working on a public DNS services

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@joodle said:

What is your own ad blocking dns? Rules you created or...?