Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mailing list software
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mailing list software

dirkdirk Member
edited May 2013 in General

I've been using an app called MailXpert on Windows for some years now. It handles (as they explain on their website) "discussion mailing lists". The good thing about it is that is use a POP3 mailbox per "list".
Now I want to move this over to Linux, but don't know what software to use for it. And I'm looking for someone who's able to install it for me on a Debian system.

So the software needs to be able to handle mailing lists and get all it's commands via that POP3 mailbox. And have some type of web-configuration option too. (for the admin that is)

If you're able to install such a software then let me know your price :-)

Comments

• dirkdirk Member

@MrAndroid: that could a good software...now someone who is willing to install it (not for free ofcourse, but still the free version of the software -> that is IF it fits my needs)

• Steve81Steve81 Member

http://jclement.ca/software/jmlm.py/

No webfrontend. Just a python script that manage a pop3 mailbox as a mailing list.

• dirkdirk Member

@Steve81 : if there is nothing else that comes up, then it might be a solution. But I do prefer one with a webfront end (admin part that is)

• @dirk said: that is IF it fits my needs

Really? you want them to invest the work under the possible condition that you might pay?

• dirkdirk Member

@HalfEatenPie: I tell what I need from a feature point of view not from a name of software point of view, if someone gets the job to install a software based on the requirements then it's the reponsibility to find the right software based on these requirements.

• dirkdirk Member

@fly: mailman was already proposed by other people too, but when I look at the features I don't see that it uses one mailbox (and in the config page of it's webinterface I don't see how to specify what pop3 mailbox to use).
    So not sure at all if that fits my requirements.

• @dirk said: @HalfEatenPie: I tell what I need from a feature point of view not from a name of software point of view, if someone gets the job to install a software based on the requirements then it's the reponsibility to find the right software based on these requirements.

I see you edited your first post. It's fine now. Good luck on this.