Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

things to do besides hardcore idling.. ;+)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

things to do besides hardcore idling.. ;+)

Bobby_TBobby_T Member
edited December 2016 in General

i know there have been one or two threads on this in the past, but after all the recent sales it seems to be relevant again!

-=GAMES=-
in particular, what are some good game servers one can run on lower end VPS system, both kvm and openvz? on the really low end, maybe mud games? (keep in mind some are fair share) i have even heard of some people setting up their own servers for older mmrpg games, ultima online anyone? _(ツ)_/

-=BACKUP/STORAGE=-
also, being that a lot of the lower end VPSs have smaller amounts of disk space, what are some good distributed file backup setups? maybe some that you can add storage nodes to and it automatically distributes data in a parity based manner?

-=ARM=-
on another note, what are people doing with the cheep arm servers i see popping up every once in a while? has anyone played with the cheap raspberry pi systems that some hosts offer, and what are you using them for?

-=MISC=-
i have heard some people donate them to good causes, or setup mirrors, but lets try to think creatively ;+)

Comments