Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone with perfectIP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone with perfectIP?

EpidriveEpidrive Member
edited May 2013 in General

How's per their spam terms policy? Do they really charge hundreds per complaints?

And how's their network?

Comments

• SpencerSpencer Member

@Simple3x said: How's per their spam terms policy? Do they really charge hundreds per complaints?

Perfect International, Inc. has a zero tolerance policy against the sending of unsolicited email, more commonly known as spam. The account(s) of any user who sends spam will be terminated without notice, and the account holder will be billed at a rate of $200 per recipient to whom the message was sent, regardless of whether the messages were sent from a Perfect International, Inc. server or from another server advertising a site hosted on Perfect International, Inc. servers.

http://www.perfectip.net/terms.php

• I knoww, and thats why i am confirming if they indeed charge that amount per unsolicited message, you know it just might be a scare crow after all.

• There pricing is so low :) I ll love them to have normal.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited May 2013

@Spencer said: or from another server advertising a site hosted on Perfect International, Inc. servers.

That's just plain stupid....

Lets get everyone's accounts terminated by advertising their sites on a spam box...

• @ATHK thats exactly my point, im thinking this is just a tactic to scare clients that intend to spam. Too goddamn hard to be true.

• Ahaaa, :) Thats why a such a cost efficient model. New kind of business model. Grab spammers, let them do it, charge their CC, show terms they signed :) Happy ! - Spammer gets depressed - helps in removing some spams.

• ATHKATHK Member

The cloud stuff is pretty cheap.

• Use prepaid cards while buying servers from them and nightly backups to a nearby ATOM server/KimSufi :)

• Im actually eyeing the E3

• Simple3x, be ready for them to ban you, All preparations, Now you can take advantage of their prices as well.

• @darknessends quite hessitant tho. Particularly the spam policy. :(

• @Simple3x, go ahead, use prepaid cards or paypal. They ll not be able to do a thing.

• @darknessends i think if i do not pay they'd suspend my dedi not until i have it paid, turns out i just wasted my monthly payment. Whatever i still need some clarifications. :(

• @Simple3x, I am sure if u really need ur data and dedi back they will make you pay. Thats why I said nightly backups. Thanks though, I got some information around them, I am myself a little surprised by their pricing.

• Versaweb had something similar earlier.

• EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited May 2013

@concerto49 WHT?

Edit: Saw it now

• danodano Member

I can't comment on the SPAM policy, but I know that it makes me not want to host anything there that sends e-mail. I have been with them for about a quarter now, and have had a few network outages caused by a network cable once, mac address issue on another, and unknown cause the last incident(i stopped asking). I am not a fan of the network, as there seems to be too much bleed over from the lack of private vlans - HE and Cogent are the providers, and I witnessed no issues with these links, just the local connection issues(cables,mac.etc). Speaking of, MAC addresses are required to be on their network, but it seems that mine has been lost on atleast on occasion, and most likely the second time. When I asked support "if they can check their switch to make sure I am still active", they closed the ticket and told me to check my config via the IPMI -- I let them know I already did, and that why I am asking you to check the switch, as I cannot ping the local network from the IPMI connection at the console.

About 20mins later the machine magically came back online again and the ticket was closed again. To be honest, I would choose any other provider of dedicated servers on the West Coast...versaweb has a similar network providers and inexpensive cost with less hassle if there is ever an issue, Calihop is suppose to run a good shop, and Im sure there are others.

I see folks say "I don't need support from Perfect International" -- I don't either, as long as the network is up, which has been the biggest/common problem for me there. This is my last month with them, so there should be a 5520 machine listed soon :)

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@Simple3x said: im thinking this is just a tactic to scare clients that intend to spam. Too goddamn hard to be true.

Scare them? @Simple3x, please, they do not even read. All they do ...

1. go to hoster's website
    2. pick the cheapest plan
    3. request rdns or the world will end
    4. spam spam spam
  • @dano thanks for the input. That helped me a lot.

• Our experience showed the performance of the servers was just too poor to host anything critical and our support tickets went unanswered.
    I do not recommend.

• JacobJacob Member

You could just block port 25, or use nodewatch which monitors SMTP connections and will suspend the VPS.

• @NodePing - support ticket needs to be answered in time