Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostodo VPS problems
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostodo VPS problems

I order an VPS from hostodo, with the “LowEnd1G” code, $16 a year, its take 5 hours to make my vps ready, and then I login the VPS download a ubuntu to test the disk, the disk use for less than 2% and it's shows "No space left on device", I open three tickets to get support and refund, no one response, How can I contect hostodo to get refund?

root@hdd:~# wget http://releases.ubuntu.com/14.04/ubuntu-14.04.4-server-i386.iso
--2016-12-31 10:16:52-- http://releases.ubuntu.com/14.04/ubuntu-14.04.4-server-i386.iso
Resolving releases.ubuntu.com (releases.ubuntu.com)... 91.189.92.151, 2001:67c:1360:8c01::1e
Connecting to releases.ubuntu.com (releases.ubuntu.com)|91.189.92.151|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 583008256 (556M) [application/x-iso9660-image]
Saving to: 'ubuntu-14.04.4-server-i386.iso'

ubuntu-14.04.4-server-i386.iso 7%[=====> ] 41.74M 3.39MB/s in 25s

Cannot write to 'ubuntu-14.04.4-server-i386.iso' (No space left on device).
root@hdd:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/ploop40907p1 89G 1.2G 83G 2% /
devtmpfs 512M 0 512M 0% /dev
tmpfs 512M 0 512M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 512M 7.6M 505M 2% /run
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 512M 0 512M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
none 512M 0 512M 0% /run/shm

1024MB RAM
1024MB vSWAP
90GB HW RAID10 Protected HDD
3TB Bandwidth
1Gbit Port
Virtualizor Control Panel
Los Angeles, CA

Comments

• you already have 3 tickets open at Hostodo, that is how you contact them.

• @JoeMerit said:
    you already have 3 tickets open at Hostodo, that is how you contact them.

no one response

• whatodo

• It looks like the reviews on Hostodo aren't that great. You probably should have done some research before ordering.

@Hassan , what is going on here?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2016

Thinkqob said: I open three tickets to get support and refund, no one response, How can I contect hostodo to get refund?

Welcome to LowEndHelpdesk,
    when did you open the tickets? How long did you wait for a response?

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited December 2016

a) experience suggests that posting tickets to unresponsive providers here at LET can be helpful. Probably because looking bad publicly is worse than looking bad at a single customer.

b) posting multiple tickets in series for the same problem is a reliable way to paint "irritating idiot" on your head. It's impolite and unnerving - and gets no more or better attention than 1 single ticket.

c) kindly keep in mind that today is not the average normal day. Quite some providers are in the data center provisioning new nodes and probably all providers want to celebrate today like every other human being.

d) You are at LET, i.e. you had every chance to get a clear impression of the provider you chose to buy from.

e) cheap, cheap, cheap VPS usually also translates to "service response time might be an hour or two rather than minutes"

I suggest you join the rest of world in celebrating and preparing some champagne for your friends. In the worst of cases your problem will be taken care of on monday.

• In case you haven't noticed, it's New Year's Eve (or New Year's Day for some places), and people celebrate with their family or friends. They aren't obligated to answer your ticket in 5 minutes during this time of the year just because you paid $16 a year. Open one ticket and wait patiently for a response, creating new thread on LET will only make you look bad.

PS: Have no affiliation with hostodo, not even a client with them, only stating common sense here.

• @thinqkob and everyone else since you said you asked for a refund - guess what - its A BILLING ISSUE. Most companies handle BILLING ISSUES during normal business hours.

• you can expect one - two days reply each tickets from them, so write your tickets as details as possible if you don't want to waste much times

• Thank you all guys
    it's really help, it's new year and I'm a little hurry.
    hostodo response after 17 hours and move my VPS to new node.

Happy new years, and Thank you all again.