Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMBox.co Troubles (No response from provider)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMBox.co Troubles (No response from provider)

Cyph3rCyph3r Member
edited December 2016 in Providers

I have been trying to get a hold of VMBox for almost 24 hours now with no response. I signed up for their service and paid for it in full and never received my VPS created nor my tickets read/answered. Has anyone else experienced this same thing with them?

Comments

• no, but i will add them @VMbox

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Should have chosen a different host :P

• Seems a bit odd for a provider to not respond for almost 24 hours. I can understand an hour or two but 24...what the fuck...I'm working with PayPal in the morning to get my money back.

0/10 would not recommend them.

• Bare in mind it's still the holiday period and while not ideal, 24 hours is not disastrous.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Your VPS is not offline though, it just hasn't been provisioned yet. They might be responding to urgent issues with the network, but not sales tickets. When it is provisioned probably the billing due date will be set based on the time that it is provisioned.

• We shall see how today goes. I'll give it 48 hours before cancelling I guess

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

24+ hours is unusual considering basically every VPS provider has instant provisioning. I'd say they have no space left or you were flagged as fraud. I wouldn't dispute the payment though..

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

Please use a valid host name at signup for automatic setup. Sorry for the delay in answering your ticket.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@VMbox said:
    Please use a valid host name at signup for automatic setup. Sorry for the delay in answering your ticket.

Don't you love it when people do that. Mostly when a client enters invalid hostname numerous times over months period :-)..

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@MikeA said:

@VMbox said:

Don't you love it when people do that. Mostly when a client enters invalid hostname numerous times over months period :-)..

Yes, we probably need to make it a bit clearer though to avoid confusion and additional workload.

• Cyph3r said: Seems a bit odd for a provider to not respond for almost 24 hours. I can understand an hour or two but 24...what the fuck...I'm working with PayPal in the morning to get my money back.

You're with Rackspace are you?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@ratherbak3d said:

Cyph3r said: Seems a bit odd for a provider to not respond for almost 24 hours. I can understand an hour or two but 24...what the fuck...I'm working with PayPal in the morning to get my money back.

Erm, doesnt have to be with Rackspce to get this kind of support. We do deliver great support to our Clients at definitely significantly lower price than Rackspace does ;-).

• Clouvider said: Erm, doesnt have to be with Rackspce to get this kind of support. We do deliver great support to our Clients at definitely significantly lower price than Rackspace does ;-).

Shameless :P

Thanked by 3switsys deadbeef cassa
  • jtkjtk Member

@Cyph3r said:
    Seems a bit odd for a provider to not respond for almost 24 hours. I can understand an hour or two but 24...what the fuck...I'm working with PayPal in the morning to get my money back.

I can't vouch for that specific provider, but a few days, especially over what is probably an extended holiday period for them is not too terribly alarming in my opinion. Do they advertise a 24 hour turn around on new orders and provisioning? If not, then I think your case is very weak.

Also beware, you may be submitted to FraudRecord for hasty cancellation and chargeback if you dispute this so quickly.

Now you might have a case to request they they start the billing period at the time of provisioning rather than at the time your payment was submitted.

Best of luck.

• It is new years and Christmas, just keep in mind of that.

If you need very fast support and service around the clock (and during holidays), I recommend Linode, when I was with them I never had to wait for more than an hour for a reply. Of course the price won't be comparable with VMBox.

Most of the LE* providers are either 1 or 2 men show (and unfortunately most of the time the partners are within the same time zone), so even if there is 24x7 support promised, a lot of time the actual SLA may not be up to what was promised. (Of course there are always exceptions and I am not saying VMBox is one of them).

• Id like to apologize to @vmbox for my impatience during the holidays.
    The issue was my host name I set during registration which turned out to be invalid and kept my account from being processed.
    VMBox has been great so far an I highly recommend them as a provider that is cheap yet quality hardware.

Thanked by 1nagug
  • @ratherbak3d said:

Cyph3r said: Seems a bit odd for a provider to not respond for almost 24 hours. I can understand an hour or two but 24...what the fuck...I'm working with PayPal in the morning to get my money back.

I was with you before. Like how do lowend hosts provide fast support, but the servers that I bought over the last half year all have pretty snappy support. Like @Ishaq, @VortexMagnus (extra kudos to him because their reinstall system still doesnt work, but they manually reinstall for me in under 2 hours pretty much every time), @vStoike, @Liteserver

All incredibely fast.

Still I wouldnt be miffed if it took over 24hours, just suprised based on their previous interactions with them.

Thanked by 2LiteServer Ishaq
  • MagicalTrain said: I was with you before. Like how do lowend hosts provide fast support, but the servers that I bought over the last half year all have pretty snappy support. Like @Ishaq, @VortexMagnus (extra kudos to him because their reinstall system still doesnt work, but they manually reinstall for me in under 2 hours pretty much every time), @vStoike, @Liteserver

All incredibely fast.

Still I wouldnt be miffed if it took over 24hours, just suprised based on their previous interactions with them.

My point is really not that it doesn't happen (It can and does) but it shouldn't be expected as is the case here and there certainly shouldn't be outrage, because if your use case is that serious, you should be paying more for it. Just my thoughts.

• Considering it was the holidays it does make sense now but everything has been handled and they have been great from now on. Highly recommend their deal going on. I got a nice snappy 1gbps, quad core with 3gb of ram and 100gb hdd yearly for under $50