Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ubuntu 13 OpenVZ templates
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ubuntu 13 OpenVZ templates

wilbowilbo Member
edited May 2013 in General

Are there any Ubuntu 13.04 OpenVZ templates out yet?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Yes. At Catalyst :)

• rds100rds100 Member

What about do-release-upgrade ? Does it do the trick?

edited May 2013

Yeah you can just run the upgrade. There's really not that much different from 12.10 on the server side. Don't think I won't play a marketing angle that I have the newest version...because I can run one command :P

• DamianDamian Member

That's interesting, last week there were some in the "Beta" category... I wonder if they encountered some kind of issue.

• wilbowilbo Member

I just did a Google search "Ubuntu 13.04 openvz template" and this 20 minute old thread came up. Google is fast.

• @wilbo said: I just did a Google search "Ubuntu 13.04 openvz template" and this 20 minute old thread came up. Google is fast.

By default it searches your history.

• upfreakupfreak Member

@MrAndroid said: By default it searches your history.

You belong here,.. Why bother searching?

• wilbowilbo Member

had to do:
    sed -i 's/quantal/raring/' /etc/apt/sources.list
    apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

and it updated

Sometimes a little cleaner:
    apt-get install update-manager-core
    sudo do-release-upgrade

• RalliasRallias Member

14.04 will probably be the first one that just won't work with OpenVZ. There has to be an upgrade path.

• wilbowilbo Member

@jarland said: Sometimes a little cleaner:

apt-get install update-manager-core
    sudo do-release-upgrade

I tried that and it wouldn't work.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2013

While the website is not fully complete yet. Put together two Ubuntu 13.04 templates for those who wanted them:

http://www.openvztemplate.com/view.php?id=27

If any bugs turn up, please submit them using the bug reporter on the page. Need to give that some testing as well

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Nice, thanks a bunch @Fliphost

• DStroutDStrout Member

As a customer, I'm not sure I'd hop on an Ubuntu 13.04 template just yet. I prefer to go LTS to LTS (all but one of my VPSes run 12.04).

edited May 2013

@DStrout said: I'm not sure

Meh, honestly for most of what people do with these VPS it's not much of an issue. You can't upgrade the kernel, so it's just your average packages, most of which work fine (I say most, though I haven't run into any issues yet, I assume imperfection by default). People running around with game servers won't much care either way, so long as java takes a command and runs.