Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

best plex hosting with large storage?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

best plex hosting with large storage?

i currently have the let storage special plan with zxhost that i am happy with but would like to know if there are other providers that might offer a similar plan.

£4.50/m
1 Shared VCPU Core
1TB Raid 10 Disk Space
Unmetered Bandwidth
2GB DDR3 Memory
OpenVZ / SolusVM

Comments

• Sounds like you have a pretty sweet deal there. I have 2 Hetzner auction servers (Plex hobby is a bit expensive) and I couldn't be more happier with them. Had both servers for about two years now, one of the disks failed last week and was replaced within 30 mins. Considering each server is like £20 a month you cannot fault that for a support response.

If you're just looking for more storage why not order a Hetzner storage box and mount it to your VPS?

• nachobeard said: if there are other providers that might offer a similar plan.

£4.50/m 1 Shared VCPU Core 1TB Raid 10 Disk Space Unmetered Bandwidth 2GB DDR3 Memory OpenVZ / SolusVM

Unlikely, that's unbeatable price for such type of resources.

• @nachobeard said:
    i currently have the let storage special plan with zxhost that i am happy with but would like to know if there are other providers that might offer a similar plan.

£4.50/m
    1 Shared VCPU Core
    1TB Raid 10 Disk Space
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    2GB DDR3 Memory
    OpenVZ / SolusVM

As of January 1, bandwidth will no longer be unmetered, though they are switching to a still quite generous (IMO) 2TB/month. They were also migrating OpenVZ users to KVM this month. I've been using them for a couple years and overall, everything has been great, though I am having some challenges with the migration.

• best solution:
    pay a friend who gets gbit to the home;
    setup a rackmount in their basement/attic;
    cheap, fast and easy to upgrade hardware when you want!

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • @doughnet said:
    pay a friend who gets gbit to the home

How's your internet, mate?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@thagoat said:

@doughnet said:

We get Gbit, but only inside NZ :/

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • @thagoat said:

@doughnet said:

At my place I get 180 down and 12 up. Not fast enough to stream to multiple people. So I host a half rack at my buddies basement who gets 1gb up/down. I help pay for the bill and I get to host a bunch of servers with a gbit line. Stability has been pretty good; but as you can tell running plex isn't mission critical. An hour of downtime per year isn't bad at all.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@doughnet said:

@thagoat said:

@doughnet said:

At my place I get 180 down and 12 up. Not fast enough to stream to multiple people. So I host a half rack at my buddies basement who gets 1gb up/down. I help pay for the bill and I get to host a bunch of servers with a gbit line. Stability has been pretty good; but as you can tell running plex isn't mission critical. An hour of downtime per year isn't bad at all.

Shit man, I want your plex users. The 50 daily streams I have are freeloaders and sure as hell complain when its down.

Thanked by 1trewq
  • Wait for a i3 or better cpu kimsufi flash sale. Your plan is already quite good.

• thanks guys for the feedback! i definitely plan on holding onto it for as long as i can. i was just going to get my hands on another if it was possible.

• @pbgben said:

@doughnet said:

@thagoat said:

@doughnet said:

Shit man, I want your plex users. The 50 daily streams I have are freeloaders and sure as hell complain when its down.

There's your problem. Give stuff away and people will complain. Ask for a (small) compensation and people behave way better.

• I pay 15 EUR for 1TB, 20 Gbps shared and 24 cores CPU at seedboxes.cc. But I am considering a Kimsufi dedi.

Let me know if you find anything within that budget, OP. Would be fun to compare with my current provider.

• @Wicked said:
    I pay 15 EUR for 1TB, 20 Gbps shared and 24 cores CPU at seedboxes.cc. But I am considering a Kimsufi dedi.

Let me know if you find anything within that budget, OP. Would be fun to compare with my current provider.

Don't forget to mention you have a 2TB per month traffic limit; then it's capped to 2-5 Mbit/sec

Also; the 20Gbps is extremely shared.