Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudatCost = BS support and horrible experience, no issues before
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudatCost = BS support and horrible experience, no issues before

It used to be that they were decent, the servers would slow down from time to time when they had a promotion but they always seem to recover ( probably by adding new servers to their HA VMware clusters.

But now I been without a working internet on my VM for 2 weeks My support ticket was closed on without notice on Monday. Saying my virtual machine was off and that was my problem. Problem was I did not turn it off and when I turned it back on I found it was not off but it had been suspended which you cant do from there vmware console screen. They could but I could not and I am really pissed off on how they auto close tickets.

This is just bullshit.

Comments

• There are many bad reviews about CloudAtCost: Reddit, LowEndTalk, or even search engines, you can find how bad it is.

Before spending money, it's best to do some searching about reputation of a provider; or you can simply ask here if someone had experiences with a specific provider in the past; or you can simply request for an offer with your requirements. The limit is only in your imagination.

• I will say that I have that vps running and operational for now about a year with out issue. No they were not perfect but what little i use the vps for. All previous issues wre responded with and dealth with correctly.

• tl;dr of the replies you'll receive here: lol

Thanked by 3rm_ arda BeardyUnixGuy
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2016

Jawa78 said: This is just bullshit.

Don't tell us you're on their "one time payment, lifetime VPS" plan (and you are, because why else you would anyone use that shit). Now, you seriously expected this to somehow actually work? Like, SERIOUSLY? To the point of even going and making a whine thread on LET when it doesn't?

• Captain Obvious strikes again.

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • My CAC server has been running solid, running it as a torrent box for my linux isos, no complaints. Had to set up a cronjob to restart the server every night, or else the filesystem will go corrupt and becomes read-only. Other than that, no issues, no complaints, don't need it to be blazing fast and certainly don't need any DMCA notices from it (don't think they care anyways).

The server works, slowly that is. For the price, it's awesome. But if you complain, well, no one cares.

• @Microlinux said:
    Captain Obvious strikes again.

I'm not a captain, but I stayed at a holiday inn express once, how may I be of service?

• Yup, 3.5 USD lifetime.

One core CPU
    512 RAM
    Two public IP
    10GB SSD
    1 Gbps Network

This setting only attracts a lot of abusers.

• CloudAtCost are great!

• Some assholewhistlers still around :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

You paid them the cost of a Pepsi and a snickers to give you service for life and your pissed off because things are not perfect...

Life is going to chew you up and spit you out.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2016

AnthonySmith said: You paid them the cost of a Pepsi and a snickers to give you service for life and your pissed off because things are not perfect...

Yeah..he looking for XO and caviar on exchange

• @jenkki said:

AnthonySmith said: You paid them the cost of a Pepsi and a snickers to give you service for life and your pissed off because things are not perfect...

Yeah..he looking for XO and caviar on exchange

Hugs and kisses and caviar? Is OP a wealthy magnate looking ISO a classy working girl?

• Well they have a lack of ipv4.
    The vps stops always after 5 days.

Never ever have it been run smoothly here.

• @perryoo11 said:
    Well they have a lack of ipv4.
    The vps stops always after 5 days.

Never ever have it been run smoothly here.

Neah. I do not think that matters as long as people are happy with cheap "lifetime".

• Guys, how to get refund? on CAC? :(

• aka455 said: aka455

Forget about it be sponsoring our success

• Baracco77Baracco77 Member
    edited December 2016

Not surprising one bit. No company can guarantee a service for "life". I wouldn't even pre-pay a couple of years......hardware keeps getting better and bandwidth cheaper so what's the point.

• @aka455 said:
    Guys, how to get refund? on CAC? :(

Any one knows where god life?

Thanked by 1nulldev
  • Now that your all done trolling.
    1. I been down before but not for 2+ weeks all over their over-subscription.
    2. Frankly, I would be happy if they dropped my vmx and vmdk in on my dropbox or scp it to my online.net dedicated server.
    3. I had been running for over a year almost 2 with out any real issues . But since there vmware virtual switch is full my virtual nic is not connected I cant pull any of my files. I would rather move the vmware image to my own esxi server as what I am doing only requires a few resources I just really surprised by the trolls.

• @aka455 said:
    Guys, how to get refund? on CAC? :(

Dispute your payment, with right reason paypal will refund your payment unless your payment already happen in 180 days.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    You paid them the cost of a Pepsi and a snickers to give you service for life and your pissed off because things are not perfect...

Life is going to chew you up and spit you out.

Fuck me, I will happily accept payment in Pepsi

edited December 2016

@Jawa78 said:
    Now that your all done trolling.
    1. I been down before but not for 2+ weeks all over their over-subscription.
    2. Frankly, I would be happy if they dropped my vmx and vmdk in on my dropbox or scp it to my online.net dedicated server.
    3. I had been running for over a year almost 2 with out any real issues . But since there vmware virtual switch is full my virtual nic is not connected I cant pull any of my files. I would rather move the vmware image to my own esxi server as what I am doing only requires a few resources I just really surprised by the trolls.

Damn, how the f did they manage to fill a vswitch?

• When your VM shows that the ethernet cable is not plugged in it means that there is no available ports on the active switch group that your vm is tied to in the HA cluster. Your showing max possible . Yes they can resolve this by looking at the network cluster that I am on and add on to the virtual switch limits . Or split the ha cluster into a seperate virtual switch. Now this has been apparently an issue for some people since early december as I am finding out. Sadly where at one time you get a response back in a few days has turned into weeks and they are more concerned about closing tickets then looking into the issue.

Well, looks like I wont be moving to VMWare from virtkick either... I'm being forced towards damn solus :/

• cloudatcost is garbage.

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

@pbgben said:
    Well, looks like I wont be moving to VMWare from virtkick either... I'm being forced towards damn solus :/

Virtualizor?

• Any one running uptime stats for cloudatcost eg uptimerobot that can share data. I'd be interested to see the results

• I tried them for a few months and if memory serves me right... I was highly disappointed...

@dediserve has my business for my true cloud needs!!! They should give James a raise for all the great work and communication!

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Can anyone do a speedtest? I might buy one just for fun and monitor it.

It says 1 Gbit network so could be useful for seeding torrents.