Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Free 50GB/month VPN Windscribe account

Free 50GB/month VPN Windscribe account

asterisk14asterisk14 Member
edited December 2016 in General

Free 50GB/month VPN account - https://windscribe.com/ Create a new account and then enter the code.

Code : SOS50GBF

Expires : 9 hours from now!

Comments

• FritzFritz Member
    edited December 2016

Got one. :)

I'm Good!

• Grab one. Thanks

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited December 2016

In case some of you want to get the paid version, here are some discounts:

https://stacksocial.com/sales/windscribe-vpn (up to 94% off)

Discounts are confirmed by the owner and you can find his reddit profile here.

Note: I haven't used this vpn service but people on reddit says it's decent.

• Thanks!

• @kalimov622 said: Note: I haven't used this vpn service but people on reddit says it's recent.

How recent are we talking?

Personal consultant to OP's Mom™

• decent*, typo. If you're still interested into recent opinions you can check the owner profile and see his posts. As far as I see there are positive reviews made couple days ago and more older ones too. I personally use blackvpn.

• Thanks, is it one time 50GB or per month 50GB

• @vishalpatelz said: Thanks, is it one time 50GB or per month 50GB

Per month. Read the title my good sir...

Bored developer: https://nulldev.xyz/

• @nulldev said:

@vishalpatelz said: Thanks, is it one time 50GB or per month 50GB m Per month. Read the title my good sir...

Yea I understand sir but it shows 50GB only so. I thought

• WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider

For personal use I use the following VPN service, does exactle the same job and without limitation of bandwidth:

https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en

• WebProject said: WebProject

Nice advertising :)

There only EDIS, DO and Viltr locations all the time. Just wondering how they do unlimited traffic where all these providers has a BW limits.

jenkki said: Nice advertising :)

nothing to do with advertising as it's not my company, just thought to share the experience.

• Still working. Just grabbed one.

Thanks

I don't have any relation/affiliation with any LET Host, All of my comments are my own
    Simple bash script to clean compromised wordpress site [cPanel/WHM specified]

• No love for Linux users, I am out :(

I don't have any relation/affiliation with any LET Host, All of my comments are my own
    Simple bash script to clean compromised wordpress site [cPanel/WHM specified]

• @jenkki said:

WebProject said: WebProject

Nice advertising :)

There only EDIS, DO and Viltr locations all the time. Just wondering how they do unlimited traffic where all these providers has a BW limits.

Over provisioning, they expect most people to use little bandwidth and a few use "unlimited", they can then throttle those people or ask them to pay more.

• BlazingBlazing Member
    edited December 2016

When I went through the install, I noticed an option for Ubuntu.

Also can be run via your router (Windstream even provided examples of how to install w/Tomato and ddWRT).

Only bummer, my fave, go-to-browser, PaleMoon is not compatible. Have to use slimjet.

@Sady said: No love for Linux users, I am out :(

Thanked by 1switsys

TheOnlyDK said: Over provisioning, they expect most people to use little bandwidth and a few use "unlimited", they can then throttle those people or ask them to pay more.

I using them for streaming, no one bothered to contact me yet, using on average 5GB per day.

• @Blazing said: When I went through the install, I noticed an option for Ubuntu.

Also can be run via your router (Windstream even provided examples of how to install w/Tomato and ddWRT).

Only bummer, my fave, go-to-browser, PaleMoon is not compatible. Have to use slimjet.

@Sady said: No love for Linux users, I am out :(

It looked like OpenVPN configs and the like are only available for premium subscribers. If that's not the case, please let us know :).

• TheOnlyDK said: Over provisioning, they expect most people to use little bandwidth and a few use "unlimited", they can then throttle those people or ask them to pay more.

Someone have a statistic how much traffic estimated uses one person per month per one location on shared VPN?

• Still working as of now.

• Michael_NewEraMichael_NewEra Member, Provider

Still working

• Is it still working? Is it? Someone please tell me IS IT STILL WORKING?

/s

Thanked by 1switsys
  • Yura said: Is it still working?

Why not just register new account and check it by self? Its takes a few seconds,no fill up forms needed :)

• @jenkki thank you but I'm fully aware of it. My post was pointed at a parade of "it's still working" posts above. Hence, the /s tag indicating sarcasm. Uh.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2016

Yura said: Yura

And just keep going out to open space when found a 30 bottles of beer.. :)

Thanked by 1Yura
  • Thanks!

• I received a message from them asking if I needed help setting it up. I asked them what my options were with a linux-based host, and I'm fully expecting a response of "give us money".

[email protected]:/tmp# while true; do dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda; done

• WSS said: give us money

They not a free, just limited try out..

• @WSS said: I received a message from them asking if I needed help setting it up. I asked them what my options were with a linux-based host, and I'm fully expecting a response of "give us money".

Please post the response you get here.

• WSSWSS Member

@user123 said:

@WSS said: I received a message from them asking if I needed help setting it up. I asked them what my options were with a linux-based host, and I'm fully expecting a response of "give us money".

Please post the response you get here.

Doubt it's related, but I was just sent a "20 months for $17" offer.

• @WSS said: I received a message from them asking if I needed help setting it up. I asked them what my options were with a linux-based host, and I'm fully expecting a response of "give us money".

And what's wrong with that? If you red their site you'd see usage of their OpenVPN configs is not free, take it or leave it.

Thanked by 1jenkki
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited January 1

@farsighter said:

@WSS said: I received a message from them asking if I needed help setting it up. I asked them what my options were with a linux-based host, and I'm fully expecting a response of "give us money".

And what's wrong with that? If you red their site you'd see usage of their OpenVPN configs is not free, take it or leave it.

Yes, I read it. I only inquired whether or not they have something available for those of us who don't run Wintel, or another overpriced priced PC.

• isaaclisaacl Member
    edited January 1

Edited (wrong thread)

• jenkkijenkki Member

WSS said: WSS

They need earn some money also, instead provide freebies all the time.. they send me email with promo $12 for one year, only $1 per month, can you find better price for quality VPN provider?

• WSSWSS Member

@jenkki said:

They need earn some money also, instead provide freebies all the time.. they send me email with promo $12 for one year, only $1 per month, can you find better price for quality VPN provider?

All the same, I usually prefer to try a service to see if it works for me before I purchase it.

• jenkkijenkki Member

At least they have perfect one click Win app. Better quality than many others.

• Just saw this thread, I'm actually the founder of Windscribe, will be happy to answer any questions. On the subject of openvpn configs for free users:

Since the free versions are limited in bandwidth, when you use our custom applications, it shows you how much data you have remaining. If you don't use our apps, you have no way to tell, until your VPN suddenly disconnects (without warning) and its logical for the user to think its a problem with the service, when you simply ran out of free data. We choose to avoid this scenario.

• Works, and it's an easy setup in Linux and openwrt. I ordered a lifetime subscription, but it shows that I need to renew in ten years. They have tons of locations to choose from, UDP/TCP, I don't think they allow custom ports.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited February 28

@yegor, glad to see the founder is here.

I'm a windscribe premium user myself for quite a while now and gotta say the uptime is great.

• AM1AM1 Member

Bad experience with this vpn!

• nulldevnulldev Member

@aaraya1516 said: I ordered a lifetime subscription, but it shows that I need to renew in ten years.

Now you know how much longer you have to live!

Bored developer: https://nulldev.xyz/

• sanvitsanvit Member

@yegor Any working code for now please?

• yegoryegor Member
    edited March 1

@aaraya1516 said: Works, and it's an easy setup in Linux and openwrt. I ordered a lifetime subscription, but it shows that I need to renew in ten years. They have tons of locations to choose from, UDP/TCP, I don't think they allow custom ports.

It will auto-renew at that point if your account is active at no cost.

@AM1 said: Bad experience with this vpn!

What exactly is the problem?

@sanvit said: @yegor Any working code for now please?

50GBFREE

• @nulldev said:

@aaraya1516 said: I ordered a lifetime subscription, but it shows that I need to renew in ten years.

Now you know how much longer you have to live!

Confirmed from @yegor, my life auto-renews!

I want to add, that the speeds are great and consistent in the US. I've had the service about a year.

• jenkkijenkki Member

aaraya1516 said: my life auto-renews!

Prices within 10 or more years for internet, hosting, etc may be significantly changes, so at one time they just may can't handle free provision for everyone who sigh up for unlimited years. Out of business or find a better job, local laws changes, high taxes, etc, everything possible, so do not flatter yourself

• AM1AM1 Member

Ip leaks, weak connectivity!

• CrogicCrogic Member

@AM1 said: Ip leaks, weak connectivity!

Disable webrtc.

• FredQcFredQc Member

I use it all the time since a couple of months, no problem.