Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

24khost exciting news!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

24khost exciting news!

24khost24khost Member
edited April 2013 in Providers

We would like to thank everybody who has helped us grow over the last year.

With that being said 24khost is adding 3 new locations. We are going to have budget and premium
locations in each section of the United States. The locations we have added are Seattle, Dallas, and Miami.

We will be changing how our products will be marketed. Starting 6/1/13 we will be splitting our locations into premium and
budget locations.

Budget Locations:
Las Vegas (NV)
South Bend (IN)
Miami (FL)

Premium Locations:
New Jersey (NJ)
Seattle (WA)
Dallas (TX)

With that said there will be no changes to plans that are already in use. If you are already in our New Jersey location you are lucky and get to be located in one of our premium locations.

Other points of interest:
All new budget plans will offer burst memory.

Jonothon Wright
24khost.com

Comments

• No not colocrossing. Not going to release any more details on that until we are closer.

• Jonothon or Jonathan

• It is all o's brother! blame my father for that one.

• @Diesel said: Jonothon or Jonathan

There are many variation.. I'm Jonathan, people like to spell it Johnothon which personally I don't like..

• Mine might be the least used of all of them though!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Congrats on the expansions!

• Difference between Premium and Budget locations?

Except one will cost more?

Better hardware in Premium?
    Better Network / peers?

• Better networks, costs more to run in certain locations, less containers per node.

• sdotsensdotsen Member
    edited April 2013

Love when providers say "less containers per node." Customers wouldn't know the difference, its like asking a mechanic to use synthetic vs Dino oil. All I'm saying is I need proof and I stay away from providers who split up such services.

Why should I pay you an extra $5 a month to be on a node with 10 other clients as supposed to 25? How would I know that I'm getting my money's worth?

• Congratulations on being the first person ever to refer to New Jersey as a Premium Location

• With the network we will Choopa is great

• @sdotsen said: Love when providers say "less containers per node." Customers wouldn't know the difference, its like asking a mechanic to use synthetic vs Dino oil. All I'm saying is I need proof and I stay away from providers who split up such services.

It usually results in higher performance though. Less containers = less users of the resources in a shared environment = overall higher performance and less contention.

• Should be in [Providers] category

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited April 2013

@concerto49 said: It usually results in higher performance though. Less containers = less users of the resources in a shared environment = overall higher performance and less contention.

2 people on a pentium vs 4 people on an E3 = proof of how irrelevant that statement is

• Congrats on the new locations/services!

• @BronzeByte said: 2 people on a pentium vs 4 people on an E3 = proof of how irrelevant that statement is

In theory they are referring to the same hardware. You're just trying to find a loop hole.

• sleddogsleddog Member

@24khost said: less containers per node

Fewer containers per node. Grammar police....

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited May 2013

@sleddog said: Fewer

New word for me :D
    Ty

• sdotsensdotsen Member

Right but my point is, you have to trust the provider that you're going to be on a node with FEWER clients. Since providers can't divulge who else is on the node, you expect me to believe someone when they say "You're on Server B which has 5 other clients."

It's one thing to have a disclaimer and say "We don't oversell our services," but I chuckle when I see providers make promises or offer a separate service to be on a node with fewer clients.

• @sdotsen said: It's one thing to have a disclaimer and say "We don't oversell our services," but I chuckle when I see providers make promises or offer a separate service to be on a node with fewer clients.

I'd opt for performance SLAs instead IMO.

• Choopa is great

Not only is it in Jersey but it's also in Piscataway. How can anything in Piscataway be great? Ever been to Piscataway? Didn't think so. :P

Signed,

D.Bop CEO of TrollVPS

• 24khost24khost Member

Lol

• So.. Budget is oversold and premium isn't as badly oversold?

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited May 2013

@24khost said: With the network we will Choopa is great

i cant understand the sentence. but congrats boss!

• KrisKris Member
    edited May 2013

@DomainBop said: Not only is it in Jersey but it's also in Piscataway. How can anything in Piscataway be great? Ever been to Piscataway? Didn't think so. :P

While I have a server at Constant (Choopa) - Piscataway is really beat. Grew up ~30 minutes or so away.

The networking is great, so is the DC staff... but don't advertise it as "Piscataway, NJ".

Anyone from the NJ or NY area will cringe. A tip I taught a provider for moving NYC nodes -> NJ was re-labeling them "NYC Metro Area" - They finally they hopped to Buffalo, and only "New York" remained.

Clifton / FortressITX / DedicatedNOW is actually in a pretty run down area as well, but quick access back to the GSP at least.

NAC.net or any of their data centers on the other hand are offering colo-prices on par with Constant around 1k/ rack, and offer a multi-PoP network streets ahead than almost every other provider I know, with much more peering.

Plus, they're located in Parsippany and Cedar Knolls. Cedar Knolls is their flag-ship DC now with the military grade security / cool blue lights, but it doesn't merit the pricing difference... All of their locations, including Parsippany I (Octagon) have some of the best networking around.

I love Constant / Choopa, but +1 on the Piscataway comment.