Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comodo One year SSL certificate (normally $9/year) for $6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comodo One year SSL certificate (normally $9/year) for $6

Comodo One yr SSL certificate for sale for $6. Payment by Paypal gift/Bank Transfer may be possible.

PositiveSSL is one of the most popular and inexpensive SSL certificates in the industry. This hassle-free certificate is the ideal choice for websites where the brand's trust is already established and organization verification is not needed. It's ideal for securing low-volume e-commerce websites.

Comments

• duc5educ5e Member
    edited December 2016

https://www.gogetssl.com ~ 4$/ year and 11$/3 year
    Lol

• williewillie Member
    edited December 2016

duc5e said: https://www.gogetssl.com ~ 4$/ year and 11$/3 year Lol

That's gogetssl's own brand... they've raised prices for positivessl to $7.85/1 year. On the other hand there's now a free 3 month positivessl to compete with letsencrypt.

hostigation.com ( @miTgiB ) still lists 1 year positivessl for $5 but I wonder if they can still break even with that since their costs may have gone up.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited December 2016

@willie said:

duc5e said: https://www.gogetssl.com ~ 4$/ year and 11$/3 year Lol

That's gogetssl's own brand... they've raised prices for positivessl to $7.85/1 year. On the other hand there's now a free 3 month positivessl to compete with letsencrypt.

hostigation.com ( @miTgiB ) still lists 1 year positivessl for $5 but I wonder if they can still break even with that since their costs may have gone up.

Actually, I just logged in and checked, prices are for 1, 2, 3 years:

Comodo PositiveSSL $4.50 $7.90 $11.25

• williewillie Member
    edited December 2016

@TheOnlyDK how did you get that? Here's what I see:

screen shot

• Why would you buy a SSL cert unless its a wildcard at this point? LetsEncrypt will give you SSL certs ad infinium practically, and wildcard certs can be replaced with SAN certs in most cases.

Thanked by 1vish
  • Dan said: LetsEncrypt will give you SSL certs ad infinium practically

If prefer stuck with renew every 90 days it just for you.

• @jenkki said:

Dan said: LetsEncrypt will give you SSL certs ad infinium practically

If prefer stuck with renew every 90 days it just for you.

Use your brain, use automatic renewal to ease your life.

• Fritz said: Fritz

OK may be for private use :)

• Fritz said: Use your brain, use automatic renewal to ease your life.

It can be convenient to not have to do that. Certificate pinning also has its uses, and benefits from long lived certificates.

• @willie certificate pinning might not benefit from it, but changing out your cert regularly is not a bad idea, considering that security vulnerabilities like heartbleed can and have exposed SSL certs in the past. Once you've patched your good to go, and the chance of a stolen cert doing much damage is very limited.

• Free always sweet against paid, but all depends purposes. I do not trust much for businesses who use free security certificates instead pay just $5 per year or less.

• BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited December 2016

Both have their place but, as mentioned, if you need to implement certificate pinning then you need drop some cash for paid SSL certificates.

Dan said: considering that security vulnerabilities like heartbleed can and have exposed SSL certs in the past

As always, risk depends on your own threat model. At this point in time, many would probably view SSL interception (by entities that have paid $$$$$$$$ for legitimate intermediary CA certificates) as a more likely risk than another heartbleed. Hence, their use of certificate pinning and the need for more certificate transparency from CAs.

• $4 You Welcome Contact me

• @Felix20 said:
    $4 You Welcome Contact me

Accepted, I've PM'd you.

• YuraYura Member
    edited December 2016

@jenkki said:
    Free always sweet against paid, but all depends purposes. I do not trust much for businesses who use free security certificates instead pay just $5 per year or less.

Did you ever met any other customer who not only checked that website has a certificate but checked which authority issued it and refused to do business with said site? Only because of letsencrypt?

I think you must be really special then. And you think that something which could be bought for $5 gives so much legitimacy other a free and legal equivalent... Okay.

• wwwhowwwho Member
    edited December 2016

thanks , But how does it differ from expensive ssls?

• Yura said:

Did you ever met any other customer who not only checked that website has a certificate but checked which authority issued it and refused to do business with said site? Only because of letsencrypt?

I've done that, though not because of letsencrypt. On the other hand it's fairly well accepted that an EV certificate makes your site look more serious and can increase business.

• @willie said:

Yura said:

I've done that, though not because of letsencrypt. On the other hand it's fairly well accepted that an EV certificate makes your site look more serious and can increase business.

Fairly well accepted? Only in a nerd echo chamber. Practically no one outside of IT knows about this stuff. Or cares. And even on this very forum where people and businesses are supposed to care, I've seen non https order pages more than a couple of times. These are actual hosting providers on a technical forum.

I don't refuse to accept your use cases and applaud your diligence! But statistically this is negligible. With all due respect.

• Yura said: Practically no one outside of IT knows about this stuff. Or cares.

That's the point, people outside IT don't know the actual details of EV, but they see that the navigation bar looks "safer" and react to it subconsciously. You and I know better.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @willie said:
    @TheOnlyDK how did you get that? Here's what I see:

You need to sign up for their reseller account, which is free.

Thanked by 1willie
  • LetsEncrypt thx.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I get these @ $4.50/Yr from GoGetSSL (1 Year Term) !

• williewillie Member
    edited December 2016

AaronSmith said: Cheapsslshop.com at $4.95

mitgajjar said: cheapsslsecurity.com ... offering it at only $4.99

Both of those offers are only for 3 year certificates (computed per year). 1 year certificates are $7.50 or $8.95. The gogetssl reseller plan seems like the best bet for getting 1 year certificates under $5.

Gogetssl has its own even cheaper DV certificate brand: I'd be interested in knowing the reseller prices for those, if anyone wants to check.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited January 2017

willie said: Gogetssl has its own even cheaper DV certificate brand: I'd be interested in knowing the reseller prices for those, if anyone wants to check.

66 GGSSL Domain SSL $39.00 $4.00 $7.25 $9.65

It is comodo posotivessl, until they get their CA approved/accepted, so why buy comodo when gogetssl branded is same thing

• There SSL cet for $4,50/yr and more, no promo needed.

https://versio.uk/sslcertificates/order/3/1-year

• +1 LetsEncrypt, if you want real SSL validation then you should use EV. Renewing is as easy as a cron job folks.

• jenkki said:

There SSL cet for $4,50/yr and more, no promo needed.

https://versio.uk/sslcertificates/order/3/1-year

Wonder what "Certificaat" is. I hope it has nothing to do with Diginotar.

• After getting a hint to use https://github.com/Neilpang/acme.sh I really do use Letsencrypt and I didn't renew 3 Comodo certs in december. Actually with the cheap certs there really is no difference for the user.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • willie said: Wonder what "Certificaat" is. I hope it has nothing to do with Diginotar

Looks like its their own SSL certificate created by this company. And EU based, not US like others.

• RDXRDX Member

Curious if there are good offers for SAN certs? Much appreciated