Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something like Liquid sky(a VDS with gpu?)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Something like Liquid sky(a VDS with gpu?)

gunner05gunner05 Member
edited December 2016 in Requests

I just tested liquidbox and i'm super impressed with performance! If i watch a video or even play a game, it doesn't even flicker! I'm guessing that is down to the low ping and GPU acceleration.

Is there any alternative services on LET, perhaps a VDS with gpu that allows seeboxing? The downsite with liquidsky is the price and the fact that they don't allow torrenting at all.

If anyone has a recommendation, advise, or good offers, please do share here or via PM.

Thank you!

edit: I kept calling it liquidbox lol

Comments

• All I know about is EC2 and OVH for that.

• @tmwc said:
    All I know about is EC2 and OVH for that.

Thanks man! Yeah EC2 is pricey. Wish this liquidsky allowed torrenting. They are too strict! I will look into OVH. Cheers!

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

I also use LiquidSky and love its services. Price wise its good. When searching for it I also ran into using EC2 which will cost you more money. Is your plan to run it 24/7 or just a few hours when needed?

• gunner05gunner05 Member
    edited December 2016

When needed, just like a home computer. For things like browsing, downloading, streaming movies etc. I don't mind paying 40/month for a service like it that allows torrenting unlike liquidsky.

Ps. do you use liquidsky for any downloading/streaming at all? I'm scared to even try seems they really monitor this.

@rickey318 said:
    I also use LiquidSky and love its services. Price wise its good. When searching for it I also ran into using EC2 which will cost you more money. Is your plan to run it 24/7 or just a few hours when needed?

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

I just use it for gaming right now. I haven't seen a need to use it for basic use when I can use another vps for downloading and torrents.

@gunner05 said:
    When needed, just like a home computer. For things like browsing, downloading, streaming movies etc. I don't mind paying 40/month for a service like it that allows torrenting unlike liquidsky.

Ps. do you use liquidsky for any downloading/streaming at all? I'm scared to even try seems they really monitor this.

@rickey318 said: