Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedibox for Plex ~12TB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedibox for Plex ~12TB

IballIball Member
edited December 2016 in Providers

Hi all, I'm new!

I am looking for a good dedibox to host Plex. Looking for about 12TB and under $100. Currently I am doing bytesized hosting which is okay but sometimes it lags.

I am considering moving to Online.net and wanted opinions about that as well.

Located in US, using about 2-4TB of bandwith, Transcoding sometimes

Comments

• @Iball said:
    Hi all, I'm new!

I am looking for a good dedibox to host Plex. Looking for about 12TB and under $100. Currently I am doing bytesized hosting which is okay but sometimes it lags.

I am considering moving to Online.net and wanted opinions about that as well.

A few questions to better aid people in helping you choose.

Where are you located?

Are you transcoding? If so what resolution and how many streams at a time?

How much bandwidth do you consume on average?

Good luck with your search though.

• WickedWicked Member
    edited December 2016

I think Online.net should be fine for that. But you could check out https://contabo.com/?show=servers, if you click order you can add more drives.

i7 (4 x 2.66 GHz)
    12 GB RAM
    12 TB storage

80.97 € /month

If you want good support and amazing network you should check out WorldStream. You can contact them and have a disk changed or added in probably 1-2 hours. Just send them an email and they will find the best configuration and price for you.

Example config:

Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 3.30GHz

Memory: 16GB ECC DDR3 RAM

Drive 1 :4TB HDD

Drive 2 :4TB HDD

Drive 3 :4TB HDD

50TB Traffic per month

100Mbit Premium Network (+10 euro for 1000Mbit)

WorldStream DDoS Shield: 5 Gbit/s

Total price: € 84.00 p/m

https://www.worldstream.nl/premium_dedicated_servers

• @Wicked said:
    I think Online.net should be fine for that. But you could check out https://contabo.com/?show=servers, if you click order you can add more drives.

i7 (4 x 2.66 GHz)
    12 GB RAM
    12 TB storage

80.97 € /month

If you want good support and amazing network you should check out WorldStream. You can contact them and have a disk changed or added in probably 1-2 hours. Just send them an email and they will find the best configuration and price for you.

I think I am going with World Stream. The download test started at 16 MB/s rather than a slow climb starting at 200kb lol. I love it, and it is only about 4 dollars more than what I am currently paying. I wish I could have picked a Windows Server without paying extra (its just easier for me) but I do like getting to actually control my OS rather than have prebuilt apps and being locked out of some things.