Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Who to contact if we want our account deleted along with all the posts and discussions?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Who to contact if we want our account deleted along with all the posts and discussions?

newconsultantnewconsultant Member
edited December 2016 in Help

I would like to know about the person who is authorized to delete an account here along with all the data pertaining to the account including but not limited to posts dicussions.

Thanks!

Seek an honest afforable guy for entry level sys admin jobs? Hire me! I accept BTC, PayPal(EUR). I am into OpenVPN, TLS security, ZNC, Webserver hardening and more.

Comments

• does it even matter mate like honestly its not a big deal ur even using fake names and such jezz

• Just use the helpdesk?

VortexNode.com
    Affordable & Reliable Hosting - Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Servers

• @mrdarki said:
    does it even matter mate like honestly its not a big deal ur even using fake names and such jezz

But I am being accused of violating the rules, I would like my account deleted along with all the posts and discussions as a punishment.

Thanks!

Seek an honest afforable guy for entry level sys admin jobs? Hire me! I accept BTC, PayPal(EUR). I am into OpenVPN, TLS security, ZNC, Webserver hardening and more.

• newconsultant said: punishment

I believe that's @Nekki 's area of expertise.

Thanked by 2BeardyUnixGuy netomx
  • NekkiNekki Moderator

@newconsultant said:

@mrdarki said:
    does it even matter mate like honestly its not a big deal ur even using fake names and such jezz

But I am being accused of violating the rules, I would like my account deleted along with all the posts and discussions as a punishment.

Thanks!

Tough shit, son.

Life sucks, wear a helmet.

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• @bugrakoc said:

newconsultant said: punishment

Ok I have requested him, by when do you think my request would be granted?

• @Zen said:
    8 discussions and 109 posts in 4 days!

Is this a new record? I do not want my account here any more. Everyone says I am abusing the service etc. I find it insulting now. I was only here to help and learn. So now I want out completely.

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@newconsultant said:

@bugrakoc said:

newconsultant said: punishment

Ok I have requested him, by when do you think my request would be granted?

As discussed via PM, we need to settle the account deletion fee first.

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• newconsultant said: Ok I have requested him, by when do you think my request would be granted?

It depends. Did you try bribing him? If not - you could wait forever.

-

• @rds100 said:

newconsultant said: Ok I have requested him, by when do you think my request would be granted?

This service is like extortion. :( Please delete my account along with all the posts and discussion ever posted by me.

• newconsultant said: This service is like extortion.

Just wait until body stockings come into play.

• "Account deletion is not possible before the account in question reached 500 posts total". It says so right in the Rules. Don't worry, it will take you just a few days more at this rate.

• go out from computer and go travel !

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@newconsultant said:

@rds100 said:

newconsultant said: Ok I have requested him, by when do you think my request would be granted?

This service is like extortion. :( Please delete my account along with all the posts and discussion ever posted by me.

It's hardly extortion. Why should I do all this work for free?

Thanked by 3mrdarki nulldev netomx

• @smadav84 said:
    go out from computer and go travel !

Hehe :D

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Moderator, Provider

The only thing we can offer you is to ban your account.

Thanked by 1willie
  • Just wish upon a star.

Your posts will be buried in a couple days.

Don't sweat it.

Thanked by 1netomx

USA storage KVM €25/yr 1G, 500GB (RAID6)
    (affiliate for 🥰 ) https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/aff.php?aff=401&pid=205

• I believe if some one is an sql expert

Two queries could solve the problem

one for the discussions

other for the comments

But why :-p

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2016

Annoying dude, started with asking provide him a free VPS for scientic research :) Next day open a VPN business on LET. Now he disapointed when no one want order from him. Interesting. How old are you. 16? Too much attention.. isn't?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Moderator, Provider
    edited December 2016

@noaman said:
    I believe if some one is an sql expert

one for the discussions

other for the comments

But why :-p

Don't even need to be an expert for it to happen. I have access to the button that does it on this page.

Its not going to happen though. Once it's posted, if it's within the rules then it will stay forever unless extenuating circumstances require it be removed.

• Just stop posting if you're leaving

• @trewq said:
    Its not going to happen though. Once it's posted, if it's within the rules then it will stay forever unless extenuating circumstances require it be removed.

Good, it shouldn't happen ever unless it's actually spam. Like those Nike shoes limited edition gold red green you name it for $5 ! A pop.

• newconsultant said: I would like to know about the person who is authorized to delete an account

Just point your recovery email to an invalid address, then use the password change function to scramble your password so you can't log in again. That won't delete the old messages but no one wants to read them anyway.

Thanked by 1netomx

#lexit spread the word.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

@newconsultant said:

@mrdarki said:

Thanks!

You can want whatever you like, there's no turning back now, next time do think twice before tarnishing your name in the Internet.

Thanked by 1vimalware

Clouvider Limited - Leading Hosting & Connectivity Partner || Dedicated Server Sale from £39/m - Our Latest LET Offer

Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA OnApp VPS | US, UK, NL & DE Dedicated Servers | Network Services | Colocation | Managed Services

• Kid's starting a "bussiness" these days.. Can't even keep them up for a single day, sigh.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @noaman said:
    I believe if some one is an sql expert

one for the discussions

other for the comments

My name is Bobby tables, please delete my account.

• newconsultant said: Is this a new record? I do not want my account here any more. Everyone says I am abusing the service etc. I find it insulting now. I was only here to help and learn. So now I want out completely.

It's not in your hand, IMO. You posted it, now you want for a reason to be deleted. If I was a mod, I would not fulfill your demand, because any member's posts should remain here for archive reasons and as refference for other members or any future access.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2016

Exactly. Think what you type before this kind of stuff happens. Also selling VPNs here is like trying to offer help with installing windows to a level 3 technician. Literally anyone here can setup their own services rather than pay you to do it.

• Find out on the site's terms and conditions whether your posts are your legal responsibility or the site (ultimately, the question of who owns the post). If the former, then you should rightfully be able to delete the content. If not, then no.

• Keep spamming mate.

A dreb l7did ma7édou skhoun ! - Flan | تناكت، ليت راحت في تبي

• @newconsultant Welcome to the purgatory.

You are dreaming. | And it's a nightmare. | THE SECRET THREAD | THE TRUTH | HAVES YOU SEEN THIS YURA?
    „Homo homini rattus.“ | It's not nightmare, it's reality, but it's still nightmare.

• Setting aside whatever newconsultant said/did in the past, I do think that it would be desirable to have a way of deleting one's account, if one so chooses, along the lines of "the right to be forgotten". I hadn't thought about it until now in connection with LET, but if one cannot delete one's account (or ask for it to be deleted within a reasonable delay), I find this undesirable (and if this is the case, this "feature" of LET accounts should be signaled to anyone when signing up).

The posts are a different matter. Any posts presumably become the property of LET (-> LEB -> VSNX) (though I wonder whether this is stated anywhere) -- it is a privately owned forum after all.

So I would distinguish the question of being able to deleting one's account (I would say yes to this) from the question of being able to delete one's posts (I would say no to this, assuming that any post becomes the property of LET).

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• I want to delete my account please. :(

Thanked by 1Pijanista

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@newconsultant said:
    I want to delete my account please. :(

$20 or GTFO

• Just leave. Your posts will disappear into the abyss

• @lukehebb said:
    Just leave. Your posts will disappear into the abyss

I have a duty to bump OP's threads daily for the next 15 years. This is an ungrateful but very satisfying job.

• @newconsultant said:
    I would like to know about the person who is authorized to delete an account here along with all the data pertaining to the account including but not limited to posts dicussions.

Thanks!

how mundane is this thread, there are people dying in aleppo, ambassadors being killed, lorries being slammed in people and then there is this thread....

We are star-stuff. We are the Universe, made manifest, trying to figure itself out.

• @Nekki said:

@newconsultant said:

$20 or GTFO

7$ !

don't buy what you don't need: you'll save money and will end up able to grab a quality VPS when really needed.

• @datanoise said:

@Nekki said:

@newconsultant said:

$20 or GTFO

7$ !

$7.01

A dreb l7did ma7édou skhoun ! - Flan | تناكت، ليت راحت في تبي

• @dotted said:

@datanoise said:

@Nekki said:

@newconsultant said:

$20 or GTFO

7$ !

$7.01

I feel elcheapo coming up in me... 2$!!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Please close my account right now.

• @newconsultant said:
    Please close my account right now.

Sorry but @Nekki informed you that there is a fee to do that.

• adxnadxn Member, Provider

wanna get rid of all posts? then stop making new posts like this one

Sincerely,

Shubhankar From Wuugly

• @newconsultant said:

If it's not clear for you by now then let me explain. They won't delete your account, just leave and dont look back or request a ban like @trewq explained. And stop posting that helps a lot.

• @newconsultant said:

I will do it for a free month of your bp vpn service

• IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

You opened a ticket and you got your answer.

[BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Moderator

newconsultant said: Please close my account right now.

BTW, it's not arbitrary moderator dick move or that we're lazy. I mean, we are but that's unrelated.

Closing accounts and deleting posts messes up the forum. If someone quoted you, suddenly there's no post to go back to, and what if someone posted valuable info in a thread you started?

I'm afraid you'll just have to...

If it makes you feel better, no one has any idea who you are and your forum name is generic, so starting immediately you can deny you ever heard of LowEndTalk.

I mean, I usually do when I'm in polite society...

For LET support, please visit the support desk.

• jarjar Provider
    edited December 2016

@angstrom said:
    Setting aside whatever newconsultant said/did in the past, I do think that it would be desirable to have a way of deleting one's account, if one so chooses, along the lines of "the right to be forgotten". I hadn't thought about it until now in connection with LET, but if one cannot delete one's account (or ask for it to be deleted within a reasonable delay), I find this undesirable (and if this is the case, this "feature" of LET accounts should be signaled to anyone when signing up).

The posts are a different matter. Any posts presumably become the property of LET (-> LEB -> VSNX) (though I wonder whether this is stated anywhere) -- it is a privately owned forum after all.

So I would distinguish the question of being able to deleting one's account (I would say yes to this) from the question of being able to delete one's posts (I would say no to this, assuming that any post becomes the property of LET).

I get the idea but there's consistently only one reason people ask us to delete their account: they intend to sell something here and made an ass of themselves, and they want to hit the reset button. I absolutely refuse them the opportunity. I want that account data to reference when they try to come back under a new name.

You also cannot delete an account without deleting posts. You can't have a null value for OP. There's no strong demand to justify any attempt at a development request on that note.

MagicSpam blackmails providers into buying their software, and ServerHub is a professional spam organization.

This discussion has been closed.