Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted: Server Admin and/or Partner for Minecraft/GSP Business
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wanted: Server Admin and/or Partner for Minecraft/GSP Business

eric1212eric1212 Member
edited April 2013 in General

[Hiring] Server Admin & Partner for Minecraft/GSP Business
(Note: this is not full-time work)

We are a new business in the GSP market. I am looking for an experienced server admin / support technician who is interested in being a part of our management team. We are a small company and have some great opportunities to move up and further your career!

Find information here: http://electricbyte.com/pages/jobs/partner.php

Need more information? Want to apply?
Email [email protected] (or send a LET private message)

Apply with:

• Name in subject line
  • Your Resume
  • Your age, where you're located, your experience.
  • Your salary requirements.

Only selected applicants who meet the requirements above, will be contacted.

Thank you for your interest!

Comments

• What would be the pay range you're looking to pay?

• @Damian said: What would be the pay range you're looking to pay?

Wage / Salary is dependent on your requirements.. based on your skills, experience, and general contributions to our company.

If its more a partner deal, we're looking at a revenue share, or more on the server admin side: hourly wage ($15/hr or what have you)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

This is pure curiosity: are you involved in other hosting businesses or have you been before?

• How old are you?

• @Nick_A said: This is pure curiosity: are you involved in other hosting businesses or have you been before?

I have been before.. but not currently.. decided to start fresh.

• @Spencer said: How old are you?

As discussed in the IRC channel, <20

• I can do stress testing of MC Servers. As in, set off tons of TNT and see how the server does.

• @Magiobiwan said: set off tons of TNT and see how the server does.

That's always the fun part ;)

• @Zen said: If I knew more about the business, your history and who you are, then I would be more inclined to send any information off.

Zen, if you've read this post + the webpage linked above... and you need more info, I'd love to chat! Send a PM and maybe we can get on Skype/GTalk.

• @eric1212 said: As discussed in the IRC channel, <20

Yeah.....

• if you want I can write do the part of blogging for your company. quote your price.

• @thehray

This job listing isn't looking for bloggers.
    Please read the forum before replying.

• I was just asking

<20 is a very sketchy way to answer that question. Now everyone has to use imagination to figure out if you're a minor or just a young adult who doesn't want to share that information (and why).

• @Nick_A sorry for confusion. I didn't mean to cause an argument. If you can't have trust in me, and contact privately, then I understand you wont apply for the opening and we should not work together. Fair enough. :)

I think you misunderstand me. I don't see why you would intentionally obfuscate your age if you're trying to hire someone. I have no interest in working with you - I was just curious to begin with.

• I don't have time to express my personal opinions about the year old "age/minor" argument. My age is no secret. <20 is just as relevant as saying I'm 5. -- why is something so specific necessary.. Funny it's the first thing you want to know.. No need to attack, I don't bite. :)

I respect everyone's decision if they would like to discuss privately, or move on.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2013

@eric1212 said: My age is no secret.

But when @Spencer asked, you didn't say your actual age, if it was no secret, why would you not just say I'm x years old when Spencer asked?

• Too bad you're not open to those from the UK!

• Too bad my english isn't good enough and I don't live in the USA.

• @MrAndroid @taronyu

Let's say US / Canada isn't a set requirement. Just sort of nice to have because of similar time zones. :)

Please don't hesitate to apply anyways.

• @eric1212 said: why is something so specific necessary.

Because most people desire to be employed by legit companies. Legit companies entail proper legal filing, sufficient financial resources to meet payroll and other expenses and legit owners. Most of them don't have anything to hide.

"The check is in the mail."

• AmfyAmfy Member

@eric1212 said: Let's say US / Canada isn't a set requirement. Just sort of nice to have because of similar time zones. :)

Depending on what you are looking for the applier should do afterwards, I especially would try to find someone from a different timezone for 24/7-reason :)

• @Amfy said: I especially would try to find someone from a different timezone for 24/7-reason :)

Hi Amfy, thanks for your input. I agree.. different time zones are great to spread out your support techs! This position is mostly for partner/system admin though so it's just more convenient for me if the time zones and languages are extremely similar.

• @eric1212 are you >=18?

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2013

I am interested in Minecraft business but I don't know how to setup and manage minecraft gaming server and even don't want to learn about minecraft

• @DewlanceVPS said: but I don't know how

@DewlanceVPS said: don't want to learn

@Jack said: Sounds Legit.

LOL. Dewlance.. I don't even understand the purpose of your post then :P

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@DewlanceVPS said: I am interested in Minecraft business but I don't know how to setup and manage minecraft gaming server and even don't want to learn about minecraft

What was the purpose of that post?

• ^ here is the purpose of this post! random random random!

• jhjh Member

@DewlanceVPS said: I am interested in Minecraft business but I don't know how to setup and manage minecraft gaming server and even don't want to learn about minecraft

http://www.lyricsmania.com/honey,_youre_so_funny_lyrics_michels.html