Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the hell - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What the hell

123457»

Comments

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited April 2013

@Spencer said: Just saying you are quick to judge, but slow to correct yourself.

Maybe I am quick to judge, but I don't have a problem to start with. Like what I said, I am really tired of people commenting on every single comment that I post and link that to that competition, I apologize for my harsh words, but yes, I am fed up with it.

Like what I said, right now no one is at a lose right now in terms of money except me, and I am not insane nor have too much money to waste. And before my VPS business goes public, at least I think I have contributed to this community enough to be involved in some meaningful discussions and make suggestions.

Why did I point out host4geeks? Because that's exactly what @dominicl was using before. Do I have a personal problem with him? No. Do I even know him outside of this forum? No. Have I started a business on LET/LEB? No. But have I started business in real world outside of LET/LEB/Internet? Absolutely yes. What did I learn out of my own ventures? Have a plan, stick to it, and be very careful with every single tiny step because a single step missed could be the end of it. And I have told him, he needs to have a plan and stick to it. He said he had a plan, and yet his mind changes faster than his plan could change.

And I think by telling him not to get into here until he is older, it is beneficial to both the community as well as to himself. He probably think running a company for like a month before selling it is a quick way to make money, but it is definitely not the right thing to do.

• @ZinnVPS said: lol get him! zhuanyi seems like you literally have a HARD ON for old dominic! Hahaha

I know I am double-posting, but just if in case you don't like to scroll your mouse:

Why did I point out host4geeks? Because that's exactly what @dominicl was using before. Do I have a personal problem with him? No. Do I even know him outside of this forum? No. Have I started a business on LET/LEB? No. But have I started business in real world outside of LET/LEB/Internet? Absolutely yes. And I have told him, he needs to have a plan and stick to it. He said he had a plan, and yet his mind changes faster than his plan could change.

And I think by telling him not to get into here until he is older, it is beneficial to both the community as well as to himself. He probably think running a company for like a month before selling it is a quick way to make money, but it is definitely not the right thing to do.

• And the previous comment applies to you as well @Zhuanyi, it's better to just drop it.

Clusterfucks everywhere.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Host4Geeks is not still being used, no. Backups for WHMCS db are already configured and site backups will be configured today.

• As long as you're not saying where it is hosted, we keep thinking it's shared hosting. And that's bad.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Pretty sure I saw lite speed web server on it before the site went up so yeah that'd likely be shared hosting. It's not necessarily bad. Depends on who runs it and how dedicated they are.

• @zhuanyi said: Look, it is my prize and I can do whatever I want with it

Nope. You got the price to start a hosting company.

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited April 2013

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Nope. You got the price to start a hosting company.

What I meant is to start the company at whatever time I am comfortable with. Sorry if that caused any confusion.

@jarland said: Pretty sure I saw lite speed web server on it before the site went up so yeah that'd likely be shared hosting. It's not necessarily bad. Depends on who runs it and how dedicated they are.

It is on shared hosting, but run by a dedicated company. It's not necessarily bad and hope that I don't experience any issues :-)

@budingyun - it looks like Google indexed my site when it was showing the directory listing unfortunately. I've submitted a request to have it re-indexed so hopefully that will be fixed shortly.

I hope..

• twaintwain Member

@dominicl - you should take your site off shared hosting and use another provider's VPS with minstall or tuxlite etc. This would show you know what you are doing. You could easily run your site on a 128 or 256 yearly. What was the advantage of shared hosting in your recent unfortunate situation? You need to have more control over your site/business/infrastructure etc than you have with shared hosting.

@twain said: You could easily run your site on a 128 or 256 yearly.

I will look into doing something like this.

• @dominicl said: I will look into doing something like this.

And backup your data v

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@twain said: What was the advantage of shared hosting in your recent unfortunate situation?

If the provider is outstanding, they may be able to make up in security what he lacks in his ability to secure his own. Preferable that he learn to do so? Definitely. Even more preferable that he have security instead of put it on his to-do list? I'd have to say yeah.

@serverian said: And backup your data v

of course

• Premiumvm down on my end.

• BK_BK_ Member

@Simple3x said: Premiumvm down on my end.

Works fine for me.

• So did we ever figure out what exactly happened here?

Dominic, I know you have services or had services with many providers. Was your password in any leaked DBs? Did you not change it?

• NoermanNoerman Member

@BK_ said: @Simple3x said: Premiumvm down on my end.

Works fine for me.

Down for me.

This web page is not available The web page at http://premiumvm.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. Error 137 (net::ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED): Unknown error.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Noerman said: Down for me.

Same error here.

• LAKidLAKid Member

works fine..

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Works when I do a manual DNS query to Google nameservers and go direct to the IP. DNS propagation is a bitch.