Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the hell - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What the hell

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dominicl said: No, I'm not quitting. All I can do is apologize for the delay and say that everything WILL be sorted today. That's a promise.

Shouldn't that message be on premiumvm.com? I'll write it for you...

echo "brb" > index.html

• ATHKATHK Member

@jarland said: And this time it didn't even take 1/3 of a month...

It happens all the time though, it is disappointing.

@dominicl said: No, I'm not quitting. All I can do is apologize for the delay and say that everything WILL be sorted today. That's a promise.

Good to hear.

• marcmmarcm Member

hey @dominicl do a wget http://sqz.io/lols.swf and upload it to premiumvm.com so that people looking for your site have something to look at.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@marcm maybe some other day :)

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited April 2013

@DewlanceVPS said: There you go

You're always so right
    It's all a big show
    It's all about you

You think you know

What everyone needs
    You always take time
    To criticize me

But not today

So shut up, shut up, shut up shut up shut up..

Firstly, the poem you copy and pasta'd is shit.

No I will not. You can't make me shut up, you can't tell me to shut up either.
    Read the first amendment by US law, I have my own freedom of speech.

Ontopic: Hope you reverse all the shit asap.

• @GIANT_CRAB What does this have to the with the 1st amendment? When you troll people, a lot of forums will ban you, try to explain 1st amendment to them. This is an unrelated thread, and there's no need to bash the Dewlance dude.

@marcm I clicked your link, hopefully, Its 10:56 AM right now, but f**k your 1st amendment rights too anyway :P

• @Diesel said: @GIANT_CRAB What does this have to the with the 1st amendment? When you troll people, a lot of forums will ban you, try to explain 1st amendment to them. This is an unrelated thread, and there's no need to bash the Dewlance dude.

What...
    He told me to shut up, I told him I won't, is there even a problem with that?

• Yes, the problem is that both of you need to shut up.

Should be back up and sending out emails to clients in about 4 hours.

• @dominicl said: Should be back up and sending out emails to clients in about 4 hours.

Still index of /

• jhjh Member

You're not still using that $2/month shared hosting?

• @jhadley said: You're not still using that $2/month shared hosting?

No he isn't. He's using the $2.99 one :) http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting.aspx?ci=76393

@t3ster said: No he isn't. He's using the $2.99 one :)

I would never use GoDaddy for web hosting..ever. I know better than that.

@jhadley said: You're not still using that $2/month shared hosting?

I'm not using $2/mo anything.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    $ nslookup www.premiumvm.com
    Server:         8.8.8.8
    Address:        8.8.8.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
    www.premiumvm.com       canonical name = premiumvm.com.
    Name:   premiumvm.com
    Address: 64.120.221.93

$ nslookup 64.120.221.93
    Server:         8.8.8.8
    Address:        8.8.8.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
    93.221.120.64.in-addr.arpa      name = evo.webserverwelcome.com.

I forget which host is webserverwelcome.com - isn't that Hostgator?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2013

No, that's websitewelcome (HostGator's reseller servers). I remember having a reseller accoun on mitaka.websitewelcome.com :)

@raindog308 said: I forget which host is webserverwelcome.com - isn't that Hostgator?

No.

• Looks like LiquidWeb to me.

• I forget which host is webserverwelcome.com - isn't that Hostgator?

OMFG bgp.he.net and ARIN's WHOIS are both down at the same time ?!?!

you have some issues: http://intodns.com/premiumvm.com

issue #1: your website and ns1. nameserver have the same IP. Don't put your dns servers on the same server (or in the same datacenter) as your website

issue #2: use an A record instead of a cname for the www.

@GetKVM_Ash said: Looks like LiquidWeb to me.

Nope.

--

Update: We're all sorted now. Everything is back online, clients have been imported back into WHMCS, sent out VPS details to clients and sent out a mass mail.

Thanks for your patience during this stressful time!

• It's Burst.net

@dominicl was there a data loss?

@gsrdgrdghd said: It's Burst.net

I don't go directly through BurstNET, but my providers servers are in the BurstNET DC.

@gsrdgrdghd said: @dominicl was there a data loss?

Unfortunately so, and clients have been emailed and offered compensation.

• Why would anybody want a host without proper backups?

@djvdorp said: Why would anybody want a host without proper backups?

I'm not saying they would or wouldn't. However, I can confirm that backups are now in place to stop this from happening again. We are also offering client data backups for a small additional fee.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@DomainBop said: OMFG bgp.he.net and ARIN's WHOIS are both down at the same time ?!?!

OMFG I hope Wikipedia isn't down at the same time, @DomainBop, because this is going to blow your mind...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_privacy

• @djvdorp said: Why would anybody want a host without proper backups?

I think @dominicl mentioned before that he could not figure out how to use the backup function in WHMCS properly. Too lazy to find the exact thread though.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited April 2013

I'll give @dominicl some credits for finally putting his website on a dedicated IP at least (even though it is still a reseller account from Burst.NET)

Are you still using that PromptSpace/Host4Geeks crap?

• @zhuanyi said: think @dominicl mentioned before that he could not figure out how to use the backup function in WHMCS properly.

@zhuanyi said: Are you still using that PromptSpace/Host4Geeks crap?

Ye speak strong for a man who has never setup a company

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited April 2013

@Spencer said: Ye speak strong for a man who has never setup a company

Because I don't want to start something that uses a reseller hosting account of an Indian based company with a US address and lost the entire account the next day?

Look, it is my prize and I can start at whatever time I want, particularly when I am the one paying for my test server, my software liscense and my time and it is not costing LET/LEB a single cent now, if you don't bother to read any other responses that I've made and just saw me posting here and start to troll around because your wife gave you a hard time last night, that's not my problem, understand?

• @zhuanyi said: Because I don't want to start something that uses a reseller hosting account of an Indian based company with a US address and lost the entire account the next day?

Look, it is my prize and I can do whatever I want with it, particularly when I am the one paying for my test server, my software liscense and my time and it is not costing LET/LEB a single cent now, if you don't bother to read any other responses that I've made and just saw me posting here and start to troll around because your wife gave you a hard time last night, that's not my problem, understand?

Just saying you are quick to judge, but slow to correct yourself.

• ZinnVPSZinnVPS Member
    edited April 2013

lol get him! zhuanyi seems like you literally have a HARD ON for old dominic! Hahaha