Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Developer needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Developer needed

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited December 2016 in Requests

Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a developer that can assist me with a project. This kind of development is just not my personal specialty, and I don't have a preferred dev that I go to for this stuff right now. What I need is a WHMCS module that is capable of performing these functions against a server running iRedMail (pro):

• Add domain
  • Add admin user
  • Assign admin user to domain

Also:

• Remove admin user
  • Remove domain

The two sets of actions above would be executed together, this is basically provisioning and termination.

I'm taking quotes as I don't have a budget for this. Would prefer if you have at least a GitHub page where I can view some of your work.

Comments

• MXRoute Pro?!?

Thanked by 3busbr jar TheOnlyDK
  • Ishaq said: MXRoute Pro?!?

Haven't touched it in ages... what's so pro about iredmail?

• @Rallias said:
    Haven't touched it in ages... what's so pro about iredmail?

No idea, it's just a play on words.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Rallias said: Haven't touched it in ages... what's so pro about iredmail?

To be honest it really only has two appealing things for me:

1. Isn't cPanel (I love cPanel, but having to fight off the notion that I'm another lazy person who ran a cPanel install script is tiring)
    2. SoGo is pretty cool.

One day I'll just hire devs to build out something unique, but for now I spend most of my time focusing on the other things I'm good at. Looking to iRedMail for an alternate (not replacement) product offering.

• $20 if you need it done within two business days, otherwise $10 if you need it within 7 business days, only condition: funds must be donated to a charity

Thanked by 3ATHK alfred Ympker
  • What does it take to write a WHMCS module? I've never done it so am not about to bid on this, but am wondering if it's a skill worth picking up, since there seems to be a market for it. I've written tons of API clients of different sorts, which might make it easier.

@GCat said:
    $20 if you need it done within two business days, otherwise $10 if you need it within 7 business days, only condition: funds must be donated to a charity

Don't tease me!

@willie said:
    What does it take to write a WHMCS module? I've never done it so am not about to bid on this, but am wondering if it's a skill worth picking up, since there seems to be a market for it. I've written tons of API clients of different sorts, which might make it easier.

It's actually pretty easy if what you're making it for has an API. A good example of an overly simplistic provisioning module that isn't ioncube encoded would be vestacp's WHMCS module.

Interestingly, iRedMail's API doesn't yet support domain admin management, meaning I need to go slightly outside of API.

• @jarland said:

@GCat said:
    $20 if you need it done within two business days, otherwise $10 if you need it within 7 business days, only condition: funds must be donated to a charity

Don't tease me!

haha, let me know if you want to accept my offer, will happily do it as long as the funds go straight to charity/good causes (ie EFF/Tor/etc)

GCat said: haha, let me know if you want to accept my offer, will happily do it as long as the funds go straight to charity/good causes (ie EFF/Tor/etc)

Well if you're serious, send me a PM with a higher quote :D

Thanked by 2GCat IThinkUFailed
  • alfredalfred Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2016

Wouldn't it be not too difficult to build a simple frontend/backend system to basically add/delete configuration files for whatever mail server you're using?

I have no experience with mail routing but lots of experience building webapps.
    Feel free to PM me but I'm not sure if I have any time to take on a project (depends
    how complicated it is).

• jarland said: I'm another lazy person

So don't be a lazy person. Add some jazz to the mix.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jarland said:

GCat said: haha, let me know if you want to accept my offer, will happily do it as long as the funds go straight to charity/good causes (ie EFF/Tor/etc)

Well if you're serious, send me a PM with a higher quote :D

You guys are both awesome for this. It's really nice to see this sort of generosity.

• @jarland said:
    Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a developer that can assist me with a project. This kind of development is just not my personal specialty, and I don't have a preferred dev that I go to for this stuff right now. What I need is a WHMCS module that is capable of performing these functions against a server running iRedMail (pro):

• Add domain
    • Add admin user
    • Assign admin user to domain

Also:

• Remove admin user
    • Remove domain

The two sets of actions above would be executed together, this is basically provisioning and termination.

I'm taking quotes as I don't have a budget for this. Would prefer if you have at least a GitHub page where I can view some of your work.

I can do this but will need the API docs. Never used iRedmail but I have developed on whmcs, dealt with API's a lot and specialize in botting/web scraping if required.

@Arttu_Rantanen said:
    @jarland mailpile.is

That's a personal email client.

Please no haha

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

Hello @jarland we can help you out we have built both blesta & whmcs modules(we just finished building a tcadmin provisioning module for blesta. we have also built the opennebula module for whmcs & blesta as well)