Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review: VortexNode * I would suggest: think #million times before
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: VortexNode * I would suggest: think #million times before

edited December 2016 in Reviews

Hi Let Members,
I'm write about, real living story of love and anger with VortexNode.

I'm a Turkish citizen, but live in #Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan is a 3. class country and economy only work in oil. If you do "good" startup, you must pay something ;)

I'm work indivual hosting sector in 3 years in this country with so good domain name, sites, services, support and etc.

A few time, Azerbaijan lives; 2 times high economic crisis. For example: Last year 1 USD = 0,78 Azerbaijani manat, but now 1 USD = 1,82 Azerbaijani manat :)

Ok, turn to real story.
I think growth my business, because dollar is turn so fire. And i see, people search local service provider with local payments with Azerbaijani Manat. Before i'm use Hostus in 2 years; and i'm not live "big problem". Sometimes they said: you do ddos, they do me ddos, spam and etc. But we solve. It's normally. Because, you live / watch your system 7x24 but sometimes, a little brain customer do anything right?

And i'm wait BlackFriday. Because i see before, company do it "so good". And i'm see https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/97107/dallas-chicago-los-angeles-dual-l5520-72gb-ram-1tb-hd-1gbps-49-mo-vortexnode-com#latest this discount and i'm shocked :) Really shocked, because they supply 72GB Ram, Dual Cpu's and etc. I think "i'm must buy it, but i'm search before."

And i'm write in LET, @VortexMagnus . (Look there: http://i.imgur.com/qIphHv4.png ) They answer my question so good and so fast. I think, it's ok but i need some information again. I'm open discossuion in LET, search facebook, twitter, social media, fraud database, linovus etc etc..

And i don't see anything. But i'm little think "are they ponzi?"

Ok, time is running and i need new solutions. I'm go to register form, fill form and **read TOS!, because TOS all time important ;) ** register to VortexNode! YAY!

Go go go support ticket, select department and write your question.

And i'm register, write my question. Next step wait a few time..

tick tack tick tack! Mail is coming but spam :D Ok, no problem. And i read my ticket answer. I like it, but request again some. Answer again and they said: "We supply your server in up to 3 days.." Ok, no problem. And i'm paid and wait ....
1 days...
2 days... And i'm write, they said "sorry but you wait a few time.." Ok, ok, ok... ZzZz.. And mail coming! My server ready yay!

They send ipmi wow! It's so cool! I'm start to growth my business yeah! but i think to change my ipmi management console password for user and root. Type new password, click change! What?! Password not work? Why ?! I'm request this problem to VortexNode. Wait wait and answer coming: You change root password! They not do it, because required to manage your ipmi and etc etc. Ok, what we do now? They said: "You pay: 15$ for 15 minutes and your solutions do up to 30/45 minutes, please add credit for your account" What ?! Really? But you not said before TOS/AUP. Huh! They said: Knowledgebase link. Oh my god!

Ok, what i'm do. I'm need a new server and only use it 5 minutes and they request again money. Holly shit. I see, think dream but it's real of life.

Ok, i'm must talk with any management staff and talk Jason. Yay! he is a talk so cool and helper for me and we accept only 20$ for all problems (all problem: open / reset ipmi password :D )

Ok, no problem. Because I'm do it. Why do it? :D

They said 15/45 minutes, but answer coming up to 1+ hours. No problem, i'm wait ZzZz..

Answer coming and my server / ipmi up again! So good! And i'm try to install ISO's. But i'm before use a many company (online.net/oneprovider.com/ovh/server4you/hertzner) and Dell IPMI, but this... i live iso's insert problem. And i'm write about again to vortexnode. We fight about in this ticket but ending to fight, and they supply information. (i think my english like ....... )

I'm insert first VMWare iso, but i see some problem with vmware (I'm read before L5520 series, live problem with Vmware). And i'm turn to proxmox. And proxmox installation end. Ok, i need create new KVM for my usage. And i'm download centos 6 minimal for my rdp and upload it. So good, i'm install my kvm. And i need again 2 centos and one Windows 2008 R2 for my 3CX. i'm install 2 centos and upload windows 2008 r2 iso for my proxmox. It's normally work but sometimes live a little "speed" problem. I think, it's made by my home internet. (i'm need this information: I'm use fiber internet my home 20/20 mbps).

All kvm ready. And i need transfer my costumer.
First: My old vps use: 80 GB hdd :D And i'm transfer it. (but soooo lazzy speed. i think, this is my old provider problem :D )
Second: My 1. VPS customer use 10 GB hdd, and i'm transfer it.
Third: My 2. customer use 50 GB Hdd, and i'm transfer it.
I'm calculate i'm total transfer 80+10+50: 140 GB.

and i'm install Windows 2008 + 3CX. Transfer old kvm to new kvm.

But all time, i'm see, my network speed so slow. I think, i'm download and made by "download source" :)

I need ip's, i'm request they said and pay it etc etc.

But i see, my network made problem. Ummm.. I'm report it must and they check it. I'm download speedtest-cli for my server and check it and i see; normally i'm use 1GBPS port but down speed so bad! Sometimes show 1Mbps, 12 Mbps.. Oh no! I'm said this, but they request mrt tool. First i'm not understand mean mrt tool but i'm install, and send output and i see really so slow network!

A, after many answer jason said: I'm use 6TB traffic. What ?! 6TB, 6,000GB, 6,000,000 MB?! Really?! I'm said before, i'm use a many provider and i'm never use 2TB before! I'm request am i how to growth 6tb, but they said a png and write information 6TB but, they not show and information about my network / rj45 / ethernet and server. This png write some information. (This png: https://uploadir.com/u/wv80cg72 )

Ok, i'm request but they said only : you up to use 6tb, and your network down speed. Why? I'm not use my 4 tb and why downgrade ?! and we live a many problems now. My network reach in 12 days 11,2 tb and they said: some sites do ddos. And my server down :D They request extra usage fee. God, help me!

Ok, i think, vortexnode think "f**cking me", i'm turn to my latest dear provider. Because, i'm never see this usage and if my any sites/customer to this, i'm see. Because i'm log my server 7x24 mrtg tool, netstat, inbound / outbound firewall etc etc etc.

I'm pay they request invoice. And transfer my all information. But i'm live so big problem my customer. And i'm transfer my all data's and turn old provider; i'm open to case for paypal / my payments chargeback.

and today paypal accept my all case.
result:
1. i'm lose 3 big customer (they paid for me up to 200$ / year only hosting),
3. i'm lose my business PR and people think now "my hosting services, live a many time downgrade",
4. i'm live big stress and lips are wound.

recommend:
you think before #million time.

Tickets (we talk a sometimes in chat, but i'm not take screenshot it, because it's not logged in me):

1. ticket: http://i.imgur.com/X53gXMtg.jpg or http://pasteboard.co/17ftucUQE.png
  2. ticket: http://i.imgur.com/sbqhAfo.png
  3. ticket: http://i.imgur.com/Nsv698g.jpg or http://pasteboard.co/bavmLB7v9.png (some attachments: http://i.imgur.com/Wq5Ajbw.png / http://i.imgur.com/LuDDTeL.png / http://i.imgur.com/Ni6ULuW.png )
  4. ticket: http://i.imgur.com/SxoVYZJg.jpg or http://pasteboard.co/bavR6NPQi.png (some attachments: vortexnode.txt > http://pastebin.com/7A0HW6Rr / vortexnode_2.txt > http://pastebin.com/8zd0q1V8 / myserver.png : http://i.imgur.com/RdNEc08.png / vortex-3.txt > http://pastebin.com/MLrqknbZ)

And they send reports like this: http://i.imgur.com/52M2cfh.png ok, it's normally write 4.17T and etc. But, how to understand for this report my server? Write any information about my server / ethernet / rj45 / ip's? No.

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited December 2016

I'm not sure what I just read.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • @trewq said:

:( I'm not happy, i'm unhappy :(

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@trewq said:

What exactly about? The first half of your post seems really positive then it's difficult to understand anything.

• edited December 2016

@trewq said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@trewq said:

What exactly about? The first half of your post seems really positive then it's difficult to understand anything.

Bandwidth and network problems, blame me, etc. I think, only look 4. ticket; You understand all.

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@trewq said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@trewq said:

Bandwidth and network problems, blame me, etc. I think, only look 4. ticket; You understand all.

Just read it, looks like you were DDoSed, which maxed out your bandwidth and they terminated your service due to this, which they are within their right to do. They were professional the whole way through while you were swearing at them.

You have nothing to complain about.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Please don't use speedtest.net for servers. I've seen many perfectly fine connections report terribly with it. It wasn't made for benchmarking servers.

• edited December 2016

@trewq said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@trewq said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@trewq said:

Just read it, looks like you were DDoSed, which maxed out your bandwidth and they terminated your service due to this, which they are within their right to do. They were professional the whole way through while you were swearing at them.

You have nothing to complain about.

No. I'm live speed problem / downgrade problem first time not install anything. You think, you buy new server OVH and etc, and not install anything and live a few hours downgrade? Why? If i'm do ddos and etc, why not said first / third days? i'm report it after they said this.

@jarland said:
    Please don't use speedtest.net for servers. I've seen many perfectly fine connections report terribly with it. It wasn't made for benchmarking servers.

Yes, it's true but i'm use another tool request from VortexNode. And if you look my screenshot, i'm live loss a many times.

• Wow, after reading your tickets, I would certainly not keep you as a customer. You are so time consuming. Kudos to VortexNode however...

Thanked by 1EnginTopcuoglu
  • @FredQc said:
    Wow, after reading your tickets, I would certainly not keep you as a customer. You are so time consuming. Kudos to VortexNode however...

You said right :)

• VortexMagnusVortexMagnus Member
    edited December 2016

Okay, so even with the discussion being deleted...

We were very good to Engin and like any of our customers, worked with him to deliver a good service. He needed additional IP Addresses in a hurry, we waived our 'bill first, assign later' for him and say hey, don't worry, so long as they're paid for within a few days. He rammed the IPMI on the machine and also disabled our secondary login somehow what we use as a backup, despite being advised of our guidelines which say do not do this. It cost us $75 in remote hands to get it fixed as a priority, we said to him that we'd only charge him $20.

This all started when Engin began complaining of latency issues, which he was advised was because his network port saturated. Not because he was under DDoS, but the other way round. We understood he was a hosting business and tried to help him. At this point we advised him that he had used over 6TB of bandwidth and is at risk of going over his bandwidth limit:

Roll on to Friday before and the network port is being rammed again and we receive a complain of abuse from one of our IP Addresses. Engin at this point began to go over his bandwidth and my manager advised him that we would be billing him for bandwidth overages, this network activity was causing the switch to send us alerts too:

The end result here is that Engin's server was being used for abusive purposes and we offered him 24hours on a rate limited port to move his data away. He paid his first overage bill (which we insisted as he'd said he wouldn't be paying any overages), but didn't pay the second after the window to migrate. Here's the end outcome of bandwidth usage since he received his server at the end of November:

This customer was launching large network attacks from his server which saturated his 1Gbps Port and filed PayPal disputes for his server payment (which has had nearly 3 weeks at this point), the additional IP block we generously gave him grace on and also for the first bandwidth overage fee.

Not the kind of customer we, or anyone, should really have to deal with.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Report him to fraudrecord and move on. I am interested in seeing the original message, though.

• edited December 2016

@AlexBarakov said:
    Report him to fraudrecord and move on. I am interested in seeing the original message, though.

Alex, I'm change my idea and request delete post. Ok, Vortex live problem with me, but they are earn money. If, @vortexmagnus and another need post, i'm write again.

And i'm send mrt tool report. If you look, i'm live in 4. days, big network data / ping loss. And they said, i'm use up to 6,5 TB. I'm said again, i'm and my customer not do ddos / spam and etc.

edited December 2016

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@AlexBarakov said:

Alex, I'm change my idea and request delete post. Ok, Vortex live problem with me, but they are earn money. If, @vortexmagnus and another need post, i'm write again.

And i'm send mrt tool report. If you look, i'm live in 4. days, big network data / ping loss. And they said, i'm use up to 6,5 TB. I'm said again, i'm and my customer not do ddos / spam and etc.

You're a fraudster, it's quite simple.

You launched disputes for services rendered (3 weeks of service before termination) and had were operating serious network abuse activities. There is only one party in the wrong here and I can confidently say that it isn't us.

• EnginTopcuoglu said: i'm send mrt tool report

Well.. And MTR doesn't consume 800 Megabits of bandwidth, just sayin'

• @VortexMagnus said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@AlexBarakov said:

You launched disputes for services rendered (3 weeks of service before termination) and had were operating serious network abuse activities. There is only one party in the wrong here and I can confidently say that it isn't us.

I'm supply you ROOT PASSWORD for my server. Do you check it? Did you say anything for ddos or any illegal status? No!
    If you think I'm doing DDOS/Spam and etc, prove it!

• I wish Turkish people weren't assholes. This made me sad :(

Thanked by 1Hukumdar
    edited December 2016

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@VortexMagnus said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@AlexBarakov said:

I'm supply you ROOT PASSWORD for my server. Do you check it? Did you say anything for ddos or any illegal status? No!

Your server was virtualized and would require individual inspection of each VM on the machine.

The proof is above in the bandwidth graphs. Maxing out a 1Gbps Port, outbound, with so little inbound. They tell most of what needs telling here.

• @EnginTopcuoglu said:

@AlexBarakov said:

If this wasn't started by you, i'd advise you to secure your server properly.

Then again, if you were able to disable both ipmi logins you should have some idea of server security, and, at least in my mind, were intentionally abusing the server for malicious activity.

• Your server was virtualized and would require individual inspection of each VM on the machine.

The proof is above in the bandwidth graphs. Maxing out a 1Gbps Port, outbound, with so little inbound. They tell most of what needs telling here.

While you shouldn't really be logging into the customer's server for liability reasons, technically you could tcpdump all traffic from the host which would include all traffic from the VMs...

Thanked by 1Ndha
  • @Jonchun said:

Your server was virtualized and would require individual inspection of each VM on the machine.

While you shouldn't really be logging into the customer's server for liability reasons, technically you could tcpdump all traffic from the host which would include all traffic from the VMs...

We'd only ever log in to a customer machine if they have supplied details and written permission to do so.

• @EnginTopcuoglu said:

Getting abuse reports AND having the port saturated serves as such proof.

• @teamacc said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@teamacc said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@AlexBarakov said:

Then again, if you were able to disable both ipmi logins you should have some idea of server security, and, at least in my mind, were intentionally abusing the server for malicious activity.

1. I'm secure my server properly. My latest (before vortexnode), i'm work with another hosting but not see anytime "ddos and etc alert. some times see ddos and suspend. but i'm type my customer send in a hour 150+ mails. Because i'm only supply hosting for company"

2. You said, you send to me graph. Graph only write SERVER-10473 right? Do you said to me, this graph, show really my server / network? It may belong to someone else. For example, they send another people usage graph to me.

And i'm paste again my orginal first post again. Please look people. I'm only need "good service". I'm not said, Vortexnode try fraud me etc. I'm only said and again: if you buy anything, think before.

• @EnginTopcuoglu said:

@teamacc said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@teamacc said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@AlexBarakov said:

1. I'm secure my server properly. My latest (before vortexnode), i'm work with another hosting but not see anytime "ddos and etc alert. some times see ddos and suspend. but i'm type my customer send in a hour 150+ mails. Because i'm only supply hosting for company"

2. You said, you send to me graph. Graph only write SERVER-10473 right? Do you said to me, this graph, show really my server / network? It may belong to someone else. For example, they send another people usage graph to me.

And i'm paste again my orginal first post again. Please look people. I'm only need "good service". I'm not said, Vortexnode try fraud me etc. I'm only said and again: if you buy anything, think before.

SERV-10473 is our inventory label for your server, that is fact, it does not belong to any other customer. The graph also shows a red section where your network port was disconnected during the initial suspension.

There is only one person committing fraud here and it is you Engin.

• @VortexMagnus said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@teamacc said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@teamacc said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@AlexBarakov said:

SERV-10473 is our inventory label for your server, that is fact, it does not belong to any other customer. The graph also shows a red section where your network port was disconnected during the initial suspension.

Am i said "VortexNode" do fraud ? No. I'm only write my review. If you look my printscreen, i'm censor people name. But you 3 times, said to me i'm frauder. Please fix your speech style for old customer. If i'm do any fraud, why i'm write here ? :)

• EnginTopcuoglu said: Am i said "VortexNode" do fraud ? No. I'm only write my review. If you look my printscreen, i'm censor people name. But you 3 times, said to me i'm frauder. Please fix your speech style for old customer. If i'm do any fraud, why i'm write here ? :)

I'm not a VortexNode customer, but they seem to have sold many hundreds of servers over the past weeks, and you're the only one who seems to have had such a big conflict with them. Given the evidence presented, your case doesn't look very convincing, and so it may be best to simply move on and to think of this as a learning experience.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
    edited December 2016

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@VortexMagnus said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@teamacc said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@teamacc said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@AlexBarakov said:

Am i said "VortexNode" do fraud ? No. I'm only write my review. If you look my printscreen, i'm censor people name. But you 3 times, said to me i'm frauder. Please fix your speech style for old customer. If i'm do any fraud, why i'm write here ? :)

Fraud - You filed chargeback for services rendered for three weeks after being told we couldn't keep you as a customer following your network activity.

We have legitimately refunded customers, from LET and elsewhere, even after several weeks of service.. if it's the right thing to do. Terms of Service exist to protect us against clients like yourself who use our services for malicious purposes.

• I feel really sorry for Magnus :(

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • @Yura said:
    I feel really sorry for Magnus :(

Not as much as I feel sorry for myself when I'm being encouraged to go out Christmas shopping... :)

• edited December 2016

@VortexMagnus said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@VortexMagnus said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@teamacc said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@teamacc said:

@EnginTopcuoglu said:

@AlexBarakov said:

Fraud - You filed chargeback for services rendered for three weeks after being told we couldn't keep you as a customer following your network activity.

We have legitimately refunded customers, from LET and elsewhere, even after several weeks of service.. if it's the right thing to do. Terms of Service exist to protect us against clients like yourself who use our services for malicious purposes.

I'm buy and pay my server 29/11/2016 .
    You supply my server in 01/12/2016.
    And in this date, i'm change my ipmi and server down. You request some payment, but it's so high and we talk and accept 20$ you and me. You help me, and i'm glad ok?
    After, only 02/12/2016 i'm live a 1+ hours downgrade. If you look 1. ticket; you see! You write in your TOS, we supply 99.99% uptime right ?

I am closing the debate.

I'm open dispute in paypal, because you not supply good services. If you look properly my paypal dispute, i'm request partial refund / chargeback.

And if you look, i'm open dispute in paypal: 13/12/2016. We past only 12 days (1,5 week :) )

• I'm open dispute in paypal, because you not supply good services. If you look properly my paypal dispute, i'm request partial refund / chargeback.

From the information I have, you requested a $50 refund on a $59 server. 'Partial' I guess so.

PayPal are re-reviewing your disputes and two of the three have already been returned to us.

Best of luck with your next unlucky provider.

Thanked by 1EnginTopcuoglu
This discussion has been closed.