Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gotta love slow internet on vacation - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gotta love slow internet on vacation

2»

Comments

• @dragonballz2k Try harder :P

• It comcast no point in upgrading.

• FreekFreek Member

To get back on topic:
    I was so fed up with this slow and unstable internet that I went to a local mobile phone shop and bought a prepaid simcard with internet. I am now tethering over my Phone and it's a lot 'faster'. I now have about 1.2Mbps down and 2.5Mbps up (??).
    Total costs were 29 euros for 10GB on 14.4Mbps speeds (lol yeah right).
    Too bad I spent 55 euros for that crappy internet before I tried this. I am still emailing with the support guy. He now says that my 11dBi antenna is not supported. Never had problems with that antenna ever, and I have had it for 5 years now. Traveled with it to China, Las Vegas etc, worked beautifully everywhere.

About the 'when I am on holiday I don't want to be on the internet' discussion: I love to browse the web in the evening with a nice drink and be up to date with what's going on at work/home so that my mailbox doesn't explode when I open it after 2 weeks :)

• RobertRobert Member
    edited July 2012

I've been suffering similar problems today on the beach in Turkey. But here all the bars and hotel have free wifi so it doesn't really matter. The free wifi in the hotel is pretty good to be honest.

• JTRJTR Member
    edited July 2012

I feel spoiled. I've got 4mbps cable here in Canada for the next few days – slower than home, but pretty nice.

• JTRJTR Member
    edited July 2012

The downside is that there's a 15GB cap. Ouch.

• FreekFreek Member

15GB should be plenty for "the next few days". I'm currently capped on 10GB for 7 days. Should be enough.

• JTRJTR Member

@Freek said: 15GB should be plenty for "the next few days". I'm currently capped on 10GB for 7 days. Should be enough.

6 days I'll be here total, but I need to leave some for the rest of the month, it's a residential line.

Normally, at home, the entire family uses about 170GB total per month (or at least we did in June, I think usage increased in July).