Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcticDesk – A New Support Helpdesk Application – Beta Users Required!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ArcticDesk – A New Support Helpdesk Application – Beta Users Required!

vampireJvampireJ Member
edited July 2012 in General

Saw this in wht http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1177214 and thought that people in here might be interested.

We are pleased to announce the v1.0.0 Beta release of ArcticDesk.

About ArcticDesk

http://arcticdesk.com

ArcticDesk is a new support helpdesk application that is powerful and yet lightweight. It allows you to support customers over several channels (including social media) with better organisation. Below are some of the key features included in our first version:
Single inbox for all channels of support
Twitter and Facebook integration
Knowledgebase for self-service support
Announcements, downloads, server status
Fully featured REST API
Smarty template system for both customer facing and operator area
Language files for both customer facing and operator area
Custom fields for both tickets and users
Access control lists for operators
Rating and comment systems
And much, much more...
Take our feature tour to find out more about each feature.
http://arcticdesk.com/tour.php

Beta Users Required

We are currently looking for beta users for our first release. The beta users will have access to the product free of charge for three months to use however they wish (though we wouldn’t recommend using a beta product in production). They will have the opportunity to provide valuable feedback and suggest the direction in which the software will take in the future. Furthermore, they will be offered good discounts (or even a free owned license based on the level of bug reports/feedback given) once we reach a stable release.

We have licenses currently available for the first 50 users. Sign up now:
http://arcticdesk.com/manage/cart.php?a=add&pid=3

Comments

• gianggiang Veteran

@vampireJ said: Furthermore, they will be offered good discounts (or even a free owned license based on the level of bug reports/feedback given) once we reach a stable release.

As a tester, I suggest you should give a free owned license to them ;) Because you have nothing to lose when they test your beta (maybe buggy) apps :D

For example, HostBill is giving away free owned license for translator.

• RandyRandy Member

the pricing pricing is 17+ USD not really worth it as its just a helpdesk but overall good desk

• will setup one and giveit a try

• It looks ALOT like whmcs.

• I really like it

• TazTaz Member

TBH, Looks a lot like whmcs, works like whmcs, feels like whmcs, so why not whmcs?

• @NinjaHawk said: TBH, Looks a lot like whmcs, works like whmcs, feels like whmcs, so why not whmcs?

Conclusion: Lawsuit incoming.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited July 2012

IT LOOKS LIKE A RIP.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

The cost per license seems silly. There also does not seem to be anything useful in it that WHMCS doesn not have in terms of helpdesk features.

• AD_JayAD_Jay Member
    edited July 2012

Hi all, I'm the founder of ArcticDesk. A friend told me about this post and I thought I should reply to some of the comments that have been made here.

Yes, beta testers will receive good discounts on the stable version, or a free owned license if they have been very helpful in their feedback, suggestions and bug reports. We have already offered a free license to one user.

The base price is $14.95/m, this is generally cheaper than most other helpdesks on the market.

I see that a few of you here are suggesting it looks like WHMCS. I am curious to find out in what way people think this? If it is the operator area, then using a few similar generic design features (tabs, sidebar, dropdowns etc.) doesn't at all mean it is a copy. Simply, those features are the best way of designing such an interface, this appears in most software. Furthermore, the software does not function at all like WHMCS, please try it properly before you make comments like this.

Finally, some people have said it doesn't offer any additional features over applications like WHMCS... this really depends on your needs. You don't find features like social media support channels, encrypted ticket custom fields (brilliant for security), sub-department support, etc. in your regular billing applications.

Other feedback is welcome!

• AsadAsad Member
    edited July 2012

@AD_Jay This sounds great, I'm going to install it on a new small ecommerce site I'm developing so it'll get some production use.

There are some design similarities with WHMCS, I certainly got that feel.

@Zen That might be a PHP configuration error, adding ~E_NOTICE should suppress that. The newer PHP releases are a bit bitchy about declaring variables.

• Desk.com is free to use.

• TazTaz Member

The look, even though a lot like whmcs, I do like the additional features, specially the one regarding encrypted fields. And design wise, could use a different look. I am sorta bored with this whmcs look. Something innovative would work. As the fact that this is related to licensepal, I can trust the product. But tbh, unless I see something close to kayakos complete solutions, I will either stay with whmcs or use accord or osticket.

• AD_JayAD_Jay Member
    edited July 2012

@Zen This is why we are asking for beta users. We have turned on PHP warnings so it shows every possible bug, which would normally be off in a production release. We have not asked anyone to purchase a license yet.

@AsadHaider Great! We will be releasing a patch some point next week to fix all the bugs we've found so far, so it should seem much more stable after this.

@lele0108 Only for the first operator, it is very expensive after that

@NinjaHawk Do you mean the frontend or operator area design? I will take this feedback on board.

• TazTaz Member

@AD_Jay

Frontend can be tweaked, assuming most of the average hosts will use it as whmcs replacement, the design is simillar. So do not see any issue. How ever, I would like to see a nice and simple look for the admin and operator panel. Also a addon like visitor tracking would be really nice.

• AD_JayAD_Jay Member
    edited August 2012

Thanks for all the feedback thus far, it has been very useful. Further feedback is welcome! We have just released an updated version (v1.0.1 Beta) that fixes a lot of the bugs found in the initial release. I've also added a further 50 beta slots if new users are interested in testing it out.

• They have just released a new beta build. It is shaping up to be a really good helpdesk system in itself. but definitely can also be a replacement for any helpdesk that you are using.

I really suggest folks to try it out.