Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Domains for bid: stablevm com, nexonhost com, saudiahost com, modernbill net

Domains for bid: stablevm com, nexonhost com, saudiahost com, modernbill net

gianggiang Member
edited July 2012 in Domains

They are not register at the same registrar but ready to transfer to the winner ;)

Starting Bid: $5 Bid Increment: at least $1 End: 7 days after first bid. (GMT +7, It's 4:10PM July 16th, 2012 when I post this post :D)

Edit: Payment via verified Paypal address only, I will create an invoice on my billing system (or on Paypal) and the winner have to order from it :D

Comments

• Stablevm - 5

vpsdash.com - Tips and tricks in life, information and technology news to get things done

• VictorVictor Member

"Nexon" is trademarked, so might want to be careful with that one.

FiberVolt | Quality Los Angeles & Chicago Virtual Servers - http://fibervolt.com

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • gianggiang Member

Thank you @cosmicgate, you are the highest bidder for StableVM at the moment :D

• gianggiang Member

@Victor said: "Nexon" is trademarked, so might want to be careful with that one.

I did a quick Google search, it seems Nexon is a trademark of SHER-WOOD HOCKEY INC (Link: http://trademarks.justia.com/854/98/nexon-85498741.html).

I didn't know about that :( To avoid any legal issues, this domain won't be sold to the US resident :D

• VictorVictor Member

@giang said: I didn't know about that :( To avoid any legal issues, this domain won't be sold to the US resident :D

I think it might be alright as long as it's not used in a way that it affects the business that registered it? Not sure, don't know much about it. :)

FiberVolt | Quality Los Angeles & Chicago Virtual Servers - http://fibervolt.com

• StableVM - 6

Catalyst Host - Pie Approved!
  • @giang said: I did a quick Google search, it seems Nexon is a trademark of SHER-WOOD HOCKEY INC (Link: http://trademarks.justia.com/854/98/nexon-85498741.html).

I didn't know about that :( To avoid any legal issues, this domain won't be sold to the US resident :D

@Victor said: I think it might be alright as long as it's not used in a way that it affects the business that registered it? Not sure, don't know much about it. :)

In many jurisdictions, trademarks only apply in the same industry (or 'if it causes a possibility of confusion'). You may want to check up on US law specifically, but I doubt it'll give many problems.

Appreciate my posts/software/guides? Donate (PayPal/Flattr/Bitcoin): http://cryto.net/~joepie91/donate.html | irc.freenode.net #lowendbox

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

stablevm - 10

Twitter Bootstrap Themes for your software projects. I recommend Prometeus and Catalyst Host

• gianggiang Member
    edited July 2012

@HalfEatenPie said: StableVM - 6

@jcaleb said: stablevm - 10

Thank you for bidding, @jcaleb is now the highest bidder of StableVM :D

@joepie91 said: In many jurisdictions, trademarks only apply in the same industry (or 'if it causes a possibility of confusion'). You may want to check up on US law specifically, but I doubt it'll give many problems.

It works the same here :D If you take iphone.vn but you are not selling iPhone, they can't do anything with it :D I hear a lot of lawers told it, but I won't give it a try :( Sadly, if you got a lot of money, you can win any case :\

• stablevm - 12

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator
    edited July 2012

Thanks someone outbid me. I have no idea what to do with the domain =)

Twitter Bootstrap Themes for your software projects. I recommend Prometeus and Catalyst Host

• InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

stablevm - 13

我是一个巨魔 (;

• gianggiang Member

@jcaleb said: Thanks someone outbid me. I have no idea what to do with the domain =)

Well, you could use it to list stable VPS providers =)

Thank you all bidder for bidding :D The highest bidder for stablevm is @Infinity :D

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Member
    edited July 2012

rawr. Jerk :(

• InfinityInfinity Retired Staff

@HalfEatenPie said: rawr. Jerk :(

Lol, that's what a bid is for, you can bid higher, I'm probably not going to go higher than 15. :P

我是一个巨魔 (;

• @Infinity said: Lol, that's what a bid is for, you can bid higher, I'm probably not going to go higher than 15. :P

lol naw don't feel it :P

• @giang said: Well, you could use it to list stable VPS providers =)

Indeed. And when they dont work anymore, can still hold the horses of the customers. M

Who's General Failure, and why is he reading my drive A: ?

• DamianDamian Member

I'll bid $40 for stablevm.com

I am no longer affiliated with IPXcore.
  • gianggiang Member

@Damian said: I'll bid $40 for stablevm.com

Thank you! @Damian is now the highest bidder for StableVM :D

• jshinklejshinkle Disabled

Shesh. I was going to bid for it. Not anymore =(

ChicagoVPS.net - OpenVZ/Xen Based - SolusVM Control Panel - TUN/PPP/FUSE/SIT/GRE - cPanel/DirectAdmin/Parallels - Chicago/Buffalo/LA Coming Soon! - Great Support!

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

i am tempted to bid again

• gianggiang Member

@jcaleb said: i am tempted to bid again

Great :D Tell us which domain and which price you would bid? :D

• @joepie91 said: .

Yup, so long as it doesn't cause confusion (e.g. don't mention hockey anywhere) you should be just fine.

• Which domains are still available?

Disclosure: I work for Query Foundry LLC.
    I own DA International Group Ltd.
  • gianggiang Member

All are still available :D StableVM will end at 4:10PM July 23rd, 2012, 3 other domains don't have end day yet because there is no bid for them :D

• RandyRandy Disabled
    edited July 2012

nvm screw you 40 USD :*

• gianggiang Member

StableVM bid will end in about 6 hours, another domains are still available :D

• I'll bid $5 for modernbill.net

• Another domain bid thread. /derail

[email protected]
  • I was going to bid $15 for Stablevm, but @damian $40 for a domain!?! Are you insane?

[email protected]
  • gianggiang Member

Congratulations @damian, you are the winner of stablevm.com :D I will send order link to your via PM right away ;)

Thank you for bidding :D

• gianggiang Member

@AsadHaider said: I'll bid $5 for modernbill.net

Thank your for bidding, you are currently highest bidder for mordenbill.net :D

• namename Member

Congratulations to you @giang , you get a good price. : )

I'm a stupid cat, don't blame me.

• gianggiang Member

@name said: Congratulations to you @giang , you get a good price. : )

Thank you :D Actually I was thinking to build another lowendbox company but I got too much domains so I will sell some of them ;)

• DamianDamian Member

@Jeffrey said: but @damian $40 for a domain!?! Are you insane?

Most of the time :D

But seriously, it's an easy to remember short name and is also a .com. It'll be used for a "premium" brand of service, and once that gets going, it'll make back the $40 in no time.

• @Damian said: it'll make back the $40 in no time.

I was soooo thinking about doing 41 dollars :P

• jcalebjcaleb Moderator

Me too on the last minute....

• same here. Very tempted to bid beyond the $40-50 mark. I am even willing to bid up to $100 if he accepted LR =-(

vpsdash.com - Tips and tricks in life, information and technology news to get things done

• DamianDamian Member

Well, I already paid for it :P The auction ran for a week...

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Member
    edited July 2012

@Damian: You pooper

• gianggiang Member

@Damian said: Well, I already paid for it :P The auction ran for a week...

An email with auth code has been sent, the domain is unlocked and transferable now :D

• @giang Modernbill.net auction ends on Monday, Seven days after my $5 bid?

• gianggiang Member

@AsadHaider said: @giang Modernbill.net auction ends on Monday, Seven days after my $5 bid?

Yes sir :D

• @giang said: Yes sir :D

Remind me if I forget or get outbid :P

• gianggiang Member

@AsadHaider said: Remind me if I forget or get outbid :P

OK sir, I will PM you when got higher bid or the bid ends ;) But I'm sure no one will bid higher than you :P

• gianggiang Member

Congratulations @AsadHaider, you are the winner of ModernBill.net :D Check you PM for order link please :D

• SatelliteSatellite Member
    edited July 2012

Isn't ModernBill already the name of software by Parallels/Plesk?

http://www.modernbill.com

• gianggiang Member

@Satellite said: Isn't ModernBill already the name of software by Parallels/Plesk?

It was :D They discoutinued using ModernBill for few years :D

• AsadHaiderAsadHaider Member
    edited July 2012

Paid and domain received from @giang, thank you very much.

@Satellite They changed the product name, and I don't think it's trademarked or anything.

shrugs Only cost five bucks. I probably won't even be using the domain for anything.