Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Burstnet VPS with high bandwidth
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Burstnet VPS with high bandwidth

roronarorona Member
edited July 2012 in General

I am wondering where to get VPS located at BurstNET with more than the default bandwidth allocation.

A certain VPS provider had an promo with 15TB bandwidth but rejected my order on multiple VPSes as the perceived risk of VPN is high (I agree).

Plan to use those VPSes for a LAN-only VPN (similar to a Hamachi relay, with no internet access for clients, so should be low risk).

Basically I'm looking at minimal of

• 512MB
  • 10G Disk
  • 1 IPv4 + 1 IPv6
  • 10TB @ 100M (1000M preferred) or unmetered
  • PPP & TUN/TAP
  • BurstNET locations (Miami, LA, Manchester, Scranton)

Something similar to BuyVM's $2.5/TB would be ideal.

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Why does it have to be at burst.net?

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • @dmmcintyre3 said: Why does it have to be at burst.net?

This. If you want pricing similar to BuyVM's $2.5/TB, why not go BuyVM?

Thanked by 1wahyan
  • @ihatetonyy Perhaps BuyVM never had stock? :P

Thanked by 1tux
  • dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2012

I guess @semoweb has a offer like this.
    check http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3811/los-angeles-budget-vps-in-one-wilshire

edit:I am sorry i didnt see the requirement "located at BurstNET".

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

You want your VPN clients to have high downtime? Cause half of the clients of burstnet and complaining of the poor network quality, random pakcet drops, random network drops. Well, I personally have a VPS as well, but never had such problem, however the majority of their users complain a lot.

• Like what @dmmcintyre3 mentioned above, why does it HAVE to be a BurstNET location? You do know that BurstNET only owns 1 datacenter?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Jeffrey said: Like what @dmmcintyre3 mentioned above, why does it HAVE to be a BurstNET location? You do know that BurstNET only owns 1 datacenter?

Only 1? Dont they have 3 locations in USA and 1 in UK? I thought atleast the UK and one USA DC was their.

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited July 2012

@LiquidHost Nope. The only location they actually own is Scranton, PA. All the other locations that they offer are only racks.

• Just remembered there was another thread about high-BW LEBs as well, consult here.

The pertinents, though with the exception of Rethink all are non-Burst:

• RethinkVPS - They run on Burst in Scranton and LA; unmetered shared Gbit
    • FanaticalVPS - Unmetered shared Gbit (Germany, though..)
    • VPS6 - $25/mo on top of package for unmetered Gbit
    • Cinfu - 100M unmetered
    • Infinitie - 100M unmetered special
  • roronarorona Member

Thanks all for the response.

I have had my users download speedtest files from China and some of them only have decent speed from BurstNET.

I think I'll pick RethinkVPS.

Still finding at one at Miami and Manchester.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited July 2012

I partially agree with this, BurstNET have some wierd routing, and some holes in the network, but other then the occassional packetloss every so often (only for a matter of Minutes) there is no issues.

JustPing Test of Manchester, UK

10TB will not come cheaply, Feel free to drop me a ticket and we can probably work something out.

@LiquidHost said: You want your VPN clients to have high downtime? Cause half of the clients of burstnet and complaining of the poor network quality, random pakcet drops, random network drops. Well, I personally have a VPS as well, but never had such problem, however the majority of their users complain a lot.

• @Jacob said: but other then the occassional packetloss every 2 or 3 days (only for a matter of Minutes) there is no issues.

I would call that a pretty big issue in my book.

• @rorona said: Still finding at one at Miami and Manchester.

EaseVPS for Manchester (On the BurstNET UK network)
    SecureDragon for... err.. Tampa; it's near to Miami though :P

• JacobJacob Member
    edited July 2012

It happens in all BurstNET Locations, Not so much in the UK, Not as often as I mentioned above but, It is occassional and you barely notice it, The easestatus monitor catches ours and the last one was about 3 days ago.

@GetKVM_Ash said: I would call that a pretty big issue in my book.

• @dearroy said: I guess @semoweb has a offer like this.

check http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3811/los-angeles-budget-vps-in-one-wilshire

Hello,

This offer is still valid and we are pushing lots of Los Angeles VPS due to the connectivity to China :D