Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UrPad.net
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UrPad.net

rgenzonrgenzon Member
edited July 2012 in General

Hello guys, I was looking at LEB for providers that's located in Los Angeles. So far I think urpad looks promising. Have you tried them? Can you guys give a review / benchmark / uptime stat.

Thanks.

Thanked by 1laaev

Comments

• Or if possible, can you recommend LEB hosts that has servers in Los Angeles? Thanks

• @Jack said: Hostigation

Thanks Jack, will keep an eye on them. Have you tried their services? How is it? Thanks

• flyfly Member

i've got hostigation. I'm a big fan of their stuff. i would spring for kvm if you're willing to trade a little bit more money for much better control over your system.

• TaylorTaylor Member

@rgenzon said: Thanks Jack, will keep an eye on them. Have you tried their services? How is it? Thanks

>

Hostigation comes highly recommended and tim runs a tight ship, I would go with hostigation!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I haven't used urpad much, but what I did use I liked it and they have a pretty good reputation. As for hostigation, I've got little to say about it. Why? Because it works. It's a good place to drop your stuff and forget about it because he runs a pretty tight ship.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I have also heard only good stuff about hostigation :) Many people suggest them, so they must be good.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

and tim runs a tight ship

Convenient timing :)

• I like our URPad VPS in LA

Thanked by 2ChrisMiller laaev
  • DamianDamian Member

+1 for URPad

• @rgenzon said: Hello guys, I was looking at LEB for providers that's located in Los Angeles. So far I think urpad looks promising. Have you tried them? Can you guys give a review / benchmark / uptime stat.

Thanks.

Thank you for your consideration, if you have any questions please email [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you.

@jarland said: I haven't used urpad much, but what I did use I liked it and they have a pretty good reputation.
    @jshinkle said: I like our URPad VPS in LA
    @Damian said: +1 for URPad

Thanks for the recommendations. :)

Thanks,
    Chris.M

• Depends on what you want to do with it/get. I mean as much as I like URPad I only get 10M/s I/O.

• List of LA:

URPad
    BlueVM
    Hostigation
    Corgi Tech
    Quickweb

There are more, but all of the above have multiple good reviews.

Thanked by 2laaev ChrisMiller
  • laaevlaaev Member

Hi @HalfEatenPie

What mode are you on? Most of our nodes that are on raid10 get well over 150/200 MB/s disk IO, you might be on a node we didn't upgrade to raid10 yet, let me know the node and I'd be happy to let you know when that node is planned for an upgrade or migrate you to a raid10 server

All new orders are setup on raid10 servers for optimal disk IO.

Thanks!

• TaylorTaylor Member

@HalfEatenPie said: URPad I only get 10M/s I/O

Did you submit a ticket? That is very bad IO that would not even be suitable for a webserver.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited July 2012

@Taylor

Many thanks for your contribution to this thread.

Yeah not sure why he is getting such results, even raid1 servers get at least 50 and we have retired or upgraded most servers on a RAID1 array already.

As mentioned above I have no problem working with @HalfEatenPie to get this resolve with him.

• TaylorTaylor Member

@FTN_Kevin said: As mentioned above I have no problem working with @HalfEatenPie to get this resolve with him.

>

Thats nice to see you understand the need for such speeds (:

• URPad are great in Los Angeles. I had a VPS with them in LA for a month and dropped it only because I didn't have a use for it. IO speeds were A++.

Hostigation and VPS6 are also great in LA.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited July 2012

@Taylor I did submit a ticket and was told it's normal (on multiple occasions). I've contacted @FTN_Kevin about it and we'll see if we can come to a resolution. :)

• KMyersKMyers Member

+45.2 for URPad

• @FTN_Chris, @FTN_Kevin,

My pleasure. It's been good, stable, and fast for what we need it to do :)

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@HostBluff said: +45.2 for URPad

Does that mean they are 45.2 times better than HostBluff?

edited July 2012

@FTN_Kevin and I are working it out.

Anyways besides this isolated incident I will admit URPad has a pretty awesome support (24/7 at the LEAST) and its been mostly stable. I'd still recommend them as long as you don't fall to bad luck like I did :P

Granted I also recommend hostigation. Both of them "you're in good hands" (TM Allstate)

Thanked by 1laaev
  • LAKidLAKid Member

@FTN_Kevin is Sierra RAID1 or RAID10?

edited July 2012

Well I feel like a jerk. But yeah URPad support is awesome enough that @FTN_Kevin just left HostCon to run some tests for me on the LA node.

In my defense, I didn't ask for him to leave HostCon! (didn't know he was there!) and I told him he could hold off on it till later! So please no pitchforks and torches! (or knives and forks!)

• @HostBluff said: +45.2 for URPad

Do you mean the server load?

• @HalfEatenPie I'd have to add cream / ice cream before we did that.

• @HalfEatenPie said: Both of them "you're in good hands" (TM Allstate)

Haha this is funny

• @telephone said: Quickweb

Are they still doing promotions on LEB? Haven't seen any in quite a long time

• @FTNChris said: Thank you for your consideration, if you have any questions please email [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you.

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. I'm still looking for more info, if there's anything else I'd need to know, I'll send an e-mail soon.

• @rgenzon said: Are they still doing promotions on LEB? Haven't seen any in quite a long time

Last one was in February. But saying they won/tied the top provider award in the past, I figured they at least deserved a mention.