Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apple wont sell to USborn Iranian citizen
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Apple wont sell to USborn Iranian citizen

bijan588bijan588 Member
edited July 2012 in General

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/19/apple-store-refuses-to-sell-ipad-to-iranian_n_1609734.html

A 19-year-old woman in Alpharetta, Ga., claims that her local Apple store refused to sell her anything after she was heard speaking Farsi with her uncle while she was trying to buy an iPhone and iPad.

"When we said 'Farsi, I'm from Iran,' he said, 'I just can't sell this to you. Our countries have bad relations,'" Sahar Sabet told WSB-TV.

According to the report, the Apple store employee cited the company's official policy, which prohibits the sale of their products to countries with which trade is prohibited by U.S. embargo.

Comments

• AsadAsad Member
    edited July 2012

Comments here are funny:
    http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/apple-customers-upset-over-policy-not-sell-iranian/nPY8H/

Someone please forward this to the DailyMail.

• flyfly Member
    edited July 2012

....so?

• @kbar Your a retard.

Thanked by 2Victor yomero
  • Just shows more anti-iran in the united states. What a racist country the US is turning into. First killing a black kid and the dude getting away with it. now this

Thanked by 4Victor NanoG6 Steve Liam
  • ChiefChief Member

@DanielM said: What a racist country the US is turning into.

I'm not even a USA citizen however that's a crock of crap right there. The US is no more/less racist than other countries with their own isolated domestic racial issues. Pockets of racially motivated individuals does not equate to a whole country. Travelled to Asia? Stepped on to the African continent for a few months? Walked in to a restaurant with a different culture theme to find you're the "odd one out" and seen how you're treated? It's not always a welcoming feeling.

The "bash the USA" rhetoric is getting a little tired and boring.

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited July 2012

@Chief said: I'm not even a USA citizen however that's a crock of crap right there.

I couldnt care any less if you are or not. All you need to do is take a look at reliable news sources instead of fox news.. Some people still fail to see despite it being obvious. Simply history is repeating itself (In a sense)

And once again if you didnt see the first time. i am not ANTI-US far from it. i am anti israel tho.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2012

Apple Store != Apple.

While every US company has the same policy, they expect their employees to use common sense when selling within the US.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Misleading title. Apple didn't refuse them, an Apple employee did. Racism exists everywhere and pretending to be shocked and in awe of this most basic trend that predates any existing nation is to pretend to be ignorant of the human condition. Opinions are yours to bear, and those held by a racist are no less sacred than any other. I may disagree with their decisions, but they have a right to their world view just as I do mine. I'm asked to accept things that I disagree with every day, racism is just another on the list, it's no more special than any other negative viewpoint that belittles another group of people based on petty differences. Disagree, move on.

The answer in cases like this is for the company to fire the individual. You can have the opinions you like, but when they cross into bad business territory and damage your ability to do your job, you should be fired.

@DanielM You have a reliable news source? I'd love to hear it. There aren't any. When people say things like "stop watching Fox News" they really just mean "watch the news that I do, it slants my direction so I don't see it." The only thing you can trust is what you can see, hear, taste, and smell, if you wanna get down to it. Even those things should be questioned...

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@jarland said: Even those things should be questioned...

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

• Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see. - Joe (@KuJoe) @ SecureDragon

That's deep.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

US did worse things like depriving citizens of Japanese origin of freedom just because Japan was at war with US. Used slaves and deprived ppl of civil rights because of their race.
    There is also discrimination on religious grounds, for example islamic charities are automatically suspicious and under surveillance, or even worse.
    That is no different than in other countries, since Israel was brought to the discussion, there ppl are deprived of citizenship based on race and even religion, imprisoned for tens of years without proper trial, chased away from their land, their houses demolished, etc and it is still considered a democratic country under the rule of law while in US it is far better than in Israel since the houses of black ppl are no longer burned (and that was never a policy of the government to begin with), for instance.
    That being said, the argument that in other places is worse can't be considered as a defense, it is either you respect human rights or not. There is no middle ground, the difference between countries that kill or put ppl to jail based on their ethnicity or religion and those that only deprive them of basic human rights such as privacy and equality of chances, while worth mentioning, is certainly no reason to brag for the latter.
    M

Thanked by 3Liam DanielM n0my
  • The problem is if the device is exported to Iran it is highly possible that the seller is sued for it.... better safe than sorry.
    Iran on the other hand does not give a f*ck - Friends of mine buy domains from nic.ir with _Israeli_ address data and bank transfer payments to the Iranian bank in Frankfurt, Germany from Israel.....

• @DanielM said: Just shows more anti-iran in the united states. What a racist country the US is turning into. First killing a black kid and the dude getting away with it. now this

You can't call the US racist, especially the way the UK is.

• @MrLadoodle said: You can't call the US racist, especially the way the UK is.

Why not?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Why not?

Some pockets of the UK are very very very racist.

• @MrLadoodle said: Some pockets of the UK are very very very racist.

And why can't he call the US racist because of that?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: And why can't he call the US racist because of that?

I worded it wrong, I ment you can't complain that the US is becoming a racist state when your own country is becoming one too.

• @MrLadoodle said: I worded it wrong, I ment you can't complain that the US is becoming a racist state when your own country is becoming one too.

Why not?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Why not?

Well, its like complaining people are murdering people when you yourself are a murderer.

1. The UK racist != DanielM racist
    2. By your logic, people in the US also couldn't complain about China or Syria for human rights abuse.
  • @gsrdgrdghd said: By your logic, people in the US also couldn't complain about China or Syria for human rights abuse.

No, by my logic the US government can not complain about China or Syria for having human rights abuse.

But that isn't my opinion.

Thanked by 1n0my
  • @DanielM said: First killing a black kid and the dude getting away with it. now this

Law is Law, if the kill was legal (and it was under the local law) this is not your problem.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited July 2012

@MrLadoodle said: No, by my logic the US government can not complain about China or Syria for having human rights abuse.

But that isn't my opinion.

So you are using the logic that a country can't complain about another countrys problems if it has the same problems. You are using that logic to say other people can't complain about the US, but when it comes to the US complaining about other countries you don't use it anymore?

• @gsrdgrdghd said: So you are using the logic that a country can't complain about another countrys problems if it has the same problems. You are using that logic to say other people can't complain about the US, but when it comes to the US complaining about other countries you don't use it anymore?

Stop twisting my words :(.

What I am saying is as an example, the Chinese government can not complain about the Syrian government violating human rights because the chinese government itself is also guilty of the same crime.

So a UK citizen can not complain about the US becoming a racist country, when the UK (which the UK citizen is part of) is also becoming a racist country.

• The sad thing here in Singapore is - the government welcomes all the foreigners, yet the people don't and you'd most often see things being blamed on them. Not long before another Hitler-styled event?

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited July 2012

@MrLadoodle said: What I am saying is as an example, the Chinese government can not complain about the Syrian government violating human rights because the chinese government itself is also guilty of the same crime.

Yeah thats your logic, i got that. You also said:

@MrLadoodle said: No, by my logic the US government can not complain about China or Syria for having human rights abuse.

=By your logic the US government can't complain about human rights abuse in China because of the US governments own human rights abuse

@MrLadoodle said: But that isn't my opinion.

=Despite from that, the US government should complain about human rights abuse in China.

Edit: Also by your logic, a human rights activist born in China can't complain about the US. Why not?

Thanked by 1jar
  • MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited July 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: Edit: Also by your logic, a human rights activist born in China can't complain about the US. Why not?

That is the opposite of my logic, that makes 0 sense.

Thanked by 1n0my
  • @MrLadoodle said: That is the opposite of my logic.

So your logic is:

1. "So a UK citizen can not complain about the US becoming a racist country, when the UK[...] is also becoming a racist country."
    2. A chinese human rights activist can complain about human rights abuse in the US, despite the chinese human rights abuse
  • flyfly Member

@bijan588 said: @kbar Your a retard.

how am I a retard? It's illegal to trade with Iran.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: A chinese human rights activist can complain about human rights abuse in the US, despite the chinese human rights abuse

No, because there is a difference between the government and people.

Thanked by 1n0my