Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Orlando KVM/Xen - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Orlando KVM/Xen

2»

Comments

• AsadAsad Member

@HalfEatenPie Are half eaten pies really that good? I'd want a new pie.

• @FTN_Kevin said: This is how much Hostdime sucks: http://ftnhosting.net/UrPad.wav

Must be targeting a certain audience lol.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited July 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: Orlando is Hostdime, so your honestly SOL they are nothing but bad news...

But if you are okay with a sluggish network then I suppose it doesn't matter.

Their domestic bandwidth is great for me, low ping, great speeds, international not so much..

• laaevlaaev Member

@liam said: Nice singing Chris.

Umm that was not me or Chris.

• laaevlaaev Member

@liam said: I'm not sure why I said Chris when I meant Kevin xD

It was actually a client who sent that to me many months ago as he canceled with Hostdime and doesn't like there service. I had his permission to share it.

• <3 The self promotion, this place is getting like WHT :)

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited July 2012

@GetKVM_ash: I hate your signature and how that £1.90 is just staring at me in the face like its mocking me.

Curse you!!!

Must not spend D:

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • @HalfEatenPie said: @GetKVM_ash: I hate your signature and how that £1.90 is just staring at me in the face like its mocking me.

Curse you!!!

Must not spend D:

Haha, you already have one don't you. Tiny or Small? There are no Tiny available at the moment anyway, exclusive shizzle.

• I already have one :P

And no Tiny at the moment? Yes! That means I can't spend any money! yay!

• AsadAsad Member

@HalfEatenPie Do you want my Tiny plan? Still has a few weeks on it.

I love GetKVM, my windows rdp machine is great but I needed more RAM.

• @AsadHaider said: I love GetKVM, my windows rdp machine is great but I needed more RAM.

We can upgrade your RAM for an additional price if need be :)

• AsadAsad Member

@GetKVM_Ash Sorry Ash, but needed 1GB for Windows 2008 for asp dev which Up2VPS do for £4.50/m. I'll be back though if I need another remote desktop machine or a kvm from a stable provider :)

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited July 2012

Ok, let me say the same back to you Ash, LOL! :P

@GetKVM_Ash said: <3 The self promotion, this place is getting like WHT :)

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited July 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: Ok, let me say the same back to you Ash, LOL! :P

Haha, im not self-promoting, they are already clients :P

@AsadHaider said: @GetKVM_Ash Sorry Ash, but needed 1GB for Windows 2008 for asp dev which Up2VPS do for £4.50/m. I'll be back though if I need another remote desktop machine or a kvm from a stable provider :)

No worries, just pop in a cancellation request when you get chance :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

LoveVPS is the only provider I've used in HostDime and I liked it. I tried ordering another VPS a few months back but I didn't properly cancel my first VPS so I can't order another VPS. :(

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited July 2012

@KuJoe said: LoveVPS is the only provider I've used in HostDime and I liked it. I tried ordering another VPS a few months back but I didn't properly cancel my first VPS so I can't order another VPS. :(

Sorry about that but its one of my pet hates. We gave you an extra month on the other one before it was suspended.

HostDime is a good facility, and we are really happy there, they have an excellent support team, never met one un-friendly tech there yet. I know Manny is over in the UK at the moment (he was planning to be over here sometime this month).

• laaevlaaev Member

@liam said: I use to think HostDime were quite premium (softlayer level), but I've noticed a lot of budget hosts moving into their facility over the past 6 months.

Haha far from it... not even on the same level as BurstNet!

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited July 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: Haha far from it... not even on the same level as BurstNet!

The only first hand experience you had was when someone "apparently" not you blocked everything with iptables.

You can't really comment on something you haven't tried Kevin.

After all you where considering to fighting Dennis at HostingCon, so keep your personal grievances out of this.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited July 2012

That is only one of many horrible experiences we had with hostdime and that was for a brand we were in the middle of acquiring, they seem to take over 8 hours for reboots and blame it on iptables.

We had many more servers with them back in 2010-2011 under a different brand and there network can't withstand a small ddos attack and the support (especially level 1) is horrible and slow.

There are many outage threads on WHT which prove HostDime's bad network too.

Also let me note most of my first hand experiences with hostdime were last year so they may have improved by now, but what I can say is i spoke to a fairly large VPS provider who currently uses hostdime and they told me they are moving out soon due with issues so that suggests they likely haven't improved, who knows.