Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going to do IT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Going to do IT

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited July 2012 in General

I decided to stop doing Car Mechanics and i'm going to do IT now at the ROC (Dutch college)
Going to do it for 2 Years (niv 2) but might go to 3 or 4

Going to college in about 7 weeks from now
What i will learn there is: Programming, Web Design, Installation of PC's and Servers, and much much more

So... Wish me luck :)

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member

Ah, you again...

• DamianDamian Member

As playing with cars is my hobby, I think i'd have rather done car repair than IT at times...

• rds100rds100 Member

What happened with the army?

Thanked by 2Liam Infinity
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Guaranteed money to theoretical money? I'd stick with cars ;)

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited July 2012

@joodle said: What i will learn there is: Programming, Web Design, Installation of PC's and Servers

Wtf does any of these have to do with CS at an university? Or do you go to some kind of 'practical' school?

• TheHackBoxTheHackBox Member
    edited July 2012

I don't want to burst your bubble, but most of the stuff that you will need for a job is better learned on-site than in a school.

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • LESLES Member

So i'm afraid that bangyhost will return is unavoidable!

Thanked by 1ElliotJ
  • DamianDamian Member

@jarland said: Guaranteed money to theoretical money? I'd stick with cars ;)

Ah, but the theoretical money has the potential to be MUCH higher... which is why i'm in IT. It hasn't happened yet though :(

Thanked by 1jar
  • RaymiiRaymii Member

Well, good luck. You also could try nursing (verzorgende misschien, dat is niveau 3, of helpende, niveau 2, of natuurlijk verpleegkunde)

• @rds100 said: What happened with the army?

Well, i went to one of their information days, and i was like WUT!
    Too much training etc, i can't handle all those trainings, and sporting every day

• Yeah to be honest you can easily teach yourself all of that.

• I know, but i dont really like training and stuff

• @joodle said: I know, but i dont really like training and stuff

Then have much fun at a college :D

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@joodle said: I know, but i dont really like training and stuff

You mean training as in working out and stuff?

• @Infinity said: You mean training as in working out and stuff?

I honestly have no clue what he's implying.

• If you can get a degree in Computer Science at a University, it would be much more worth it, but also more difficult. However, maybe do car mechanic part time to get some pocket money.

• IntcsIntcs Member

Last I saw your thread I think it was about a job in a supermarket, but now it's obvious that you've changed to car mechanics later on, I hope you got some experience in it as it may help later. And good luck in your study ;)

• KairusKairus Member

Okay?

• PADPAD Member

Great. Have fun wasting your time on 'learning' something that you could access with Google a few hours a night for the next week.

Uh.

• Good luck dude! When I graduate High School I will graduate with my CCNA. :)