Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New LiveChat Option, Live Support Rhino - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New LiveChat Option, Live Support Rhino

Comments

• AsadAsad Member
    edited July 2012

This is the best support software IMO, have been using it for years.

http://www.phplivesupport.com/

• @Damian said: since we use gchat for mobile responses.

Yeah that's what I planned to do with it. The main reason I'm using Zopim is because of that too (hell I'd set up a server just to run as the gChat bot that talks to me only if I knew how).

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

It is very very laggy. Takes about 5-10 seconds for a message to appear, and it seems to be using actual page refreshes or something.

• @joepie91 said: it seems to be using actual page refreshes or something.

wat. Really?

• DamianDamian Member

No slower than Zopim from my usage....

• @Damian is it live right now on IPXCore's website? I'd be willing to test it from a clients perspective right now

• DamianDamian Member

No, we're still on Zopim on the site. I'm not quite sure how we're going to integrate LSR yet, since Zopim is a popup thingy in the corner, while LSR is an image button you click on.

• Ah ok. Let us know how it is. If they do come out with gChat integration or anything else really I'd definitely consider using this (prefer to have in-house/self-hosted stuff)

• @Damian said: No, we're still on Zopim on the site. I'm not quite sure how we're going to integrate LSR yet, since Zopim is a popup thingy in the corner, while LSR is an image button you click on.

How about a lil' CSS to glue it to the bottom of the viewport?
    Throw in some basic javascript, to make it closable, therefore moderately unobtrusive and you should be good to go.

Have a look at Twitter Bootstrap's alert.js if you want something quick and nasty... and easy to implement.

• I think Live Help Messenger covered my business better. :)

• DamianDamian Member

@HalfEatenPie said: (prefer to have in-house/self-hosted stuff)

Same here.

@ElliotJ said: How about a lil' CSS to glue it to the bottom of the viewport?

Good idea!

• JeromeJerome Member

Hi all,

I gona answer some questions here:

It is very very laggy. Takes about 5-10 seconds for a message to appear, and it seems to be using actual page refreshes or something.

You can choose how often the chat will refresh, but I never had laggy as a feedback.

No, we're still on Zopim on the site. I'm not quite sure how we're going to integrate LSR yet, since Zopim is a popup thingy in the corner, while LSR is an image button you click on.

It is very simple to integrate on your website, button code is provided in the operator panel and you can of course upload your own button.

Rhino will be hosted on your server.

• @Jerome: Could you please answer if you're going to integrate gChat or any other alternative chat systems into Rhino? You still haven't answered it.

@HalfEatenPie said: wat. Really?

I'm not entirely sure. It seemed to reload some of the assets (such as the 'support representative' avatar) every few seconds.

@Jerome said: You can choose how often the chat will refresh, but I never had laggy as a feedback.

If I have the support rep panel and the customer chat panel next to each other, it takes at least 5 seconds for a message to appear on the other side.

• @joepie91 said: If I have the support rep panel and the customer chat panel next to each other, it takes at least 5 seconds for a message to appear on the other side.

That's a bit of a problem.

• JeromeJerome Member

Rhino is already a chat system, why should I integrate another one? As I wrote above you can change how often the chat will pull new messages from the server (set to 5 seconds at the moment in the demo).

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited July 2012

I don't think you're understanding us correctly.

@Jerome: For example lets say its a two man show. They'd like to have the ability to offer live chat support but sometimes are out of office. What they do have though is a smart phone capable of accessing gChat from anywhere. Zopim allows the chat support questions to be redirected to gChat (have you used Zopim or similar products before?) for convenience and mobility. Can your software do that is what I'm asking.

• JeromeJerome Member

iPhone app is in development as well a windows client, for mac I use fluid. Rhino Pro already has a mobile client, so yes I think I go further then Zopim.

• @Jerome: well I tried to use the mobile version but your demo isn't working right now (atleast for me). I'll check later on a different network. I'm interested on the efficiency of this on iOS.

Is the iOS only thing you're going to support? Are you not going to provide the functionality to Android too?

@Damian you know... if you want to share that I wouldn't mind ;)

• JeromeJerome Member

Android will follow later...

• Actually demo just started working again. I like the mobile feature but the thing that makes me feel iffy is the lack of an app on the android (I don't know how mobile networks work but its my understanding webpage wise phones don't really stay connected the entire time).

I'll continue keeping an eye on your project but I probably won't purchase a license until the iPhone and Android apps are made (that's the make or break for me).

Great job though, looks nice and functions great on a desktop! (I didn't get the 5 second delay thing like what @joepie91 mentioned).

• JeromeJerome Member

The mobile web based version works on android better, because IOS doesn't really support audio play in browser.

With android Rhino Pro works great (tested).

I will update this post here when apps are ready...

• @Jerome thanks. Sorry I was getting a little annoyed earlier. If I do purchase the app though I'd prefer to purchase the Pro version (I like the shiny things)

@Jerome said: As I wrote above you can change how often the chat will pull new messages from the server (set to 5 seconds at the moment in the demo).

Regular polling is really not acceptable for a supposedly 'realtime' platform like a chat. Why not use longpolling and eliminate the latency?

• JeromeJerome Member

You will still get a delay with long polling, best solution would be websockets, but then you can't sell it anymore... ;)

@Jerome said: You will still get a delay with long polling, best solution would be websockets, but then you can't sell it anymore... ;)

Yes, a delay of several milliseconds. I'd consider that considerably better than 5 seconds.

• DamianDamian Member

@joepie91 said: Yes, a delay of several milliseconds. I'd consider that considerably better than 5 seconds.

+1, especially since I just now got disconnected from Zopim again, while chatting with a client, and can't log back in.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Damian said: +1, especially since I just now got disconnected from Zopim again, while chatting with a client, and can't log back in.

You still using that shite flash client? Try beta.zopim.com, works slightly better ;)

• DamianDamian Member

@Infinity said: You still using that shite flash client? Try beta.zopim.com, works slightly better ;)

That's what I've been using (or trying to) for the past couple of months :P

• I got this setup on ipxcore.com. A few things that Zopim did that this doesn't (yet):
    1. new order notifications
    2. pull customer info from whmcs
    3. gtalk integration

Too bad this isn't open source :(