Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FastVPS.co dead?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FastVPS.co dead?

krolawkrolaw Member
edited July 2012 in General

I know the website is still up, but all my "fast" VPSes have been dead for days... Their speed test VPS: http://173.208.15.99/100mb.test (listed on http://www.fastvps.co/announcements.php?id=1) fails to connect. The last communication (by email) talked about migration to France and that the control panel may not link for a few days, but even the France VPS I bought after the announcement and the one they migrated for me during the testing period is also dead. I know another account holder in the same boat.

Support tickets are being ignored and there's been no information sent out as to what is going on via email or on the website.

To add insult to injury, their website is still promoting the "new services" that they are offering.

Does anyone know what is going on, and whether there is an eta?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Reading on WHT for the last month, I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. Run.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • Well they had a .co domain, what did you expect from them? :D

Some of their VPS/websites seem to be alive though, at least @joodle 's bangyhost.info still "loads".

• @gsrdgrdghd I didn't even know that VPS was still online ROFL!

• @joodle lol. That's all I have to say.

• krolawkrolaw Member

Update - The servers that were already in France are back up again. So that just leaves the ones taking days to migrate.

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: Well they had a .co domain, what did you expect from them? :D

dude, it's not like .ws or sumthing. and it is expensive :3

Thanked by 1klikli
  • PADPAD Member

Never understood the hate of a .co - I purchased one when they came out for 200$ or so, because not much else was available and yet it appears hosts would get better rep using a 1$ .info :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @PAD said: Never understood the hate of a .co - I purchased one when they came out for 200$ or so, because not much else was available and yet it appears hosts would get better rep using a 1$ .info :)

Because its a country level domain.

• Which host uses a .info as their primary domain?

Anything but .com gets the hatred really. Oh well, I used .org for the first year of Catalyst and all I have to say is...suck it ;)

• @jarland said: Oh well, I used .org for the first year of Catalyst and all I have to say is...suck it ;)

You don't seem to be targeting a professional audience with CatalystHost so the customers probably don't even know the difference between .com and .org :D

@gsrdgrdghd Only professionals, just not professionals in the hosting industry ;) ...we finally got it though.

• @PAD said: Never understood the hate of a .co

Its not hate, its hilarity! It wasn't too long ago on here that a VPS company bought a .co
    and said that it PROVED that they were a SERIOUS company.. They disappeared about a month later with everyone's money.

• @JoeMerit said: It wasn't too long ago on here that a VPS company bought a .co

and said that it PROVED that they were a SERIOUS company.. They disappeared about a month later with everyone's money.

Wasn't that Constantinos or Mr. Slade?

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: Wasn't that Constantinos or Mr. Slade?

.co nstantinos :P

• yomeroyomero Member

If so, this crap lasted a lot. Even more than DowntimeVPS

• That was a fast one.

@MrLadoodle that's what she said

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • KairusKairus Member

Sigh, I moved all my websites there and now I have no backups.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

@PAD this competitor of Hostbluff?

• lbftlbft Member

@PAD said: Never understood the hate of a .co

It's been used by a couple of high-profile failures (e.g. ipap.co, uptimevps.co) and no big successes that I'm aware of.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

This reminds of of ol' good @cripperz hahahah

• This doesn't surprise me.

• CoreyCorey Member

@Kairus :( no backups!!!! I figured you would have backups being an active member here....

• KairusKairus Member

@Corey said: @Kairus :( no backups!!!! I figured you would have backups being an active member here....

Was a joke :) I would never touch companies like these, but it's sad people still do :(.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • ChanChan Member

I got my first ever VPS from now lol..., well it was good for the first few months :/

• CoreyCorey Member

@Kairus I guess people are longing to find the next new thing first :)

• krolawkrolaw Member

In FastVPS.co's defence, up until their acquisition and migration, I was blown away with the service and value for money. I had some special requirements, I put them in a ticket, with the price I wanted to pay and "yep, we can do that" attitude. It was great.

Now the France servers have fallen back down. One other server has migrated - but it says 8TB ram and the io seems terrible. Hope the good times return soon.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited July 2012

@krolaw sounds like they need to modify the container config file, we had that error too. (8TB), I think it was with the old container config file not being compatible with the new OpenVZ kernel.