Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resetting Windows Fonts
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Resetting Windows Fonts

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited July 2012 in Help

Does anybody know how to reset windows fonts? It's annoying me now..all my fonts are messed up and are appearing really weirdly. Like the LET logo is in a different font, and text on LET and in tickets..everywhere!

Comments

• TaylorTaylor Member

Reinstall windows :P

Thanked by 2tux yomero
  • PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Taylor said: Reinstall windows :P

Helpful. It's mainly in Chrome that it does this but the font settings are correct :(

• aubsaubs Member

Right click on the desktop, select properties and it is the second or third tab I think.

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited July 2012

Usually happens because of a font that was installed recently, might be with a new program you've installed, so it's maybe just one or two fonts out of hundreds you have that is causing the whole issue.

You can try to figure which font is behind that the way you like, even by emailing the company/programmer of last software you've installed (that's in the case you haven't installed any fonts by yourself since before the problem), and ask them if there are any fonts installed with their software? And what are their names? Then just go to the directory C:\Windows\Fonts and choose them then delete them (aka uninstalling the font)

You can try to discover which one also by try in fonts directory: right click > view > details > then click on "Modified" column header to arrange them by modified date and see which are the most recent, even though this might not help if modified date is old for the font causing that issue.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@dominicl said: Helpful. It's mainly in Chrome that it does this but the font settings are correct :(

I know exactly what you mean. My Chrome fonts were screwed up, and then after clearing the cache, etc. they went back to normal, but then the problem reoccurred.

Fonts work fine in other browsers and apps, so it's a chrome problem.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Does good ol' System Restore work? I think there was a command that checks and restores all system files to the default un's not sure what it is.. Maybe someone knows.