Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DBGUI -- PHPMYADMIN vs Adminer? Uhm..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DBGUI -- PHPMYADMIN vs Adminer? Uhm..

eastoncheastonch Member
edited July 2012 in General

Ok, guys, looking for a nice DBGui for my VPS installations and MySQL DB usage. I generally used to use PHPMYADMIN but with the amount of config I need to do... I'm just looking for viable alternatives.

http://www.adminer.org/en/phpmyadmin/

I came accross adminer from looking at tuxlite scripts, adminer looks like it majorly hates on PMA.

Any opinions?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Here's what I use: http://sqlbuddy.com
    I just move it to my home folder when I'm done, no idea how secure it is. It's good for a quick job on a low end box without leaving a footprint.

• I was more curious into Adminer, being it a singular file and login. I'm unsure. I need to experiment, just wanted to know if people had some form of preference.

• pma is the default for a lot of people and comes with cpanel.
    adminer works pretty good, got to know it from tuxlite too :)

• GallusGallus Member

i use oracle's free mysql workbench. Only connection via localhost/ssh so no security issues.

• vedranvedran Veteran
    edited July 2012

phpminiadmin? It's just one file, upload it when you need it, do your stuff and delete.

Of course, it doesn't have all those neat features, but if you only want to do something basic it does the job.

• @vedran said: phpminiadmin? It's just one file, upload it when you need it, do your stuff and delete.

But so is Adminer :P

Thanked by 2vedran yomero
  • GallusGallus Member

upon reading again:

Do you use that to work with mysql or to offer to customers?

• vedranvedran Veteran

@djvdorp said: But so is Adminer :P

It is? I looked at the source and there is a bunch of files. But there is also a one file download. I'll look into that one, looks promising

• It was a personal usage, but adminer looks like it 'could' be used for multiple users providing it has brute-force protection etc..

• subigosubigo Member

I've used Adminer for years and include it with BoxCtrl-SE.

• Tried it, didnt like it.. PMA allowed me to manage users, Adminer doesnt look like it does :/