Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXCore - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXCore

Comments

• yomeroyomero Member

@joepie91 said: style="width: 100px; height: 200px;"

Yes, I know. But is offtopic and nobody cares u_u
    Design... yiak...

• DamianDamian Member
    edited July 2012

@AnthonySmith said: he has racks in Phoenix

Any idea what DC he's in?

(edit) nevermind, looked it up on their website (/edit)

• cnzhhicnzhhi Member
    edited July 2012

I have a 32mb plan, good VPS.

• PADPAD Member

Wouldn't recommend going with IOFlood, though they're great, when I was with them (4months ago maybe?) (and was with them for around a year) they couldn't offer me anything higher than 100mbit because their entire customer base was all on one 1gbit of bandwidth and they wouldn't upgrade, this isn't good for incoming attacks, so for your situation I wouldn't recommend this, best to go directly with the DC.

• @PAD

I would say they have upgraded now as InceptionHosting are running 1Gbit lines.

• PADPAD Member

@GetKVM_Ash

That's good to hear, and is a benefit if he does go with them, but I would still recommend going directly with a DC rather than a smaller provider, with a smaller provider the support is great (IOFlood superb) but you do have growing pains and can't enjoy some of the benefits of big infrastructure.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@PAD

Depends on your needs. Some times a smaller provider can be a better choice for some people.

• DamianDamian Member

cybertrails wasn't able to give an answer on anything til they 'talk it over with their newtowk engineers', and they get there at 11AM. It's 9:40am at the moment.

Phoenixnap looks good until IP addresses, which are $1/month. We're paying 29 cents apiece for IP addresses at the moment. If we went with Phoenixnap, we'd have to cancel our recent promo for the 32mb VPS, which seems to be what people like. Additionally, i'm not sure if we want to pay $1032/month just for IP addresses.

@Damian
    I am sure that Phoenixnap would do a discount for bigger subnets, wouldn't they? Did you talk with them?

• DamianDamian Member

@LiquidHost said: Did you talk with them?

Adam did, though i'm not certain if he specified we'd be buying a /22... I'll ask him.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@PAD They recently upgraded their backbone to 10G , I was able to score a 1Gbit line from them working great. Couldn't recommend ioflood more

• @Damian - Vouch for PhoenixNAP/SecuredServers :)

• @Fliphost -- IoFlood is in PhoenixNap :D! -- ioFlood is also really good, I've used them before.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Fliphost yea I have one of my nodes over there. Gabe is just awesome.

• We use Secured Servers, and can certainly vouch for support/networking over there

• DamianDamian Member

i/o in Phoenix wasn't able to accomodate our IP requirements.

We may be going with Eonix/Infinitie through PhoenixNAP if we can work something out.

• Ah okay. I've heard that Infinitie's support is bad, but not 100% sure on that. Their phone support takes a while from my experience when I tested it out.

I heard a lot of bad things about Infinitie myself aswell.

Thanked by 1AH-Dominic
  • @Damian said: We had an incoming DDoS,

i hope that's not because this thread

• DamianDamian Member

@AH-Dominic said: We use Secured Servers, and can certainly vouch for support/networking over there

What kind of pricing do you get on IPs? If you'd rather not say, no worries.

Regarding Eonix/infinitie, they were suggested by @ShardHost. @ShardHost, any input?

• @Mon5t3r said: i hope that's not because this thread

I don't think this is anything to do with it? .............

Thanked by 1Damian
  • DamianDamian Member

@Mon5t3r said: i hope that's not because this thread

I don't think so... the user who was the target is someone who placed 4 orders from 4 different IPs, finally got one going, then was the target of the attack, all within the space of about 3 hours.

He would have been terminated this morning when I checked his information.

• JacobJacob Member

We used Infinitie Networks(Soon to be ServerHub) untill January, From oct/nov.

Live Chat is available from 4PM to 10PM(UK) mon-fri, Phone support is easy, But out of office hours and the support is a ghost-town.

Quality Network, I had good prices, Richard was good to me, Aswell as brent, I recommend them.

Thanked by 1Damian
  • DamianDamian Member

I suppose that even if their support is a bit slow, it's better than not being online at all. Plus that timeframe is not really any worse than our original DC, and we survived there...

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Damian said: I suppose that even if their support is a bit slow, it's better than not being online at all. Plus that timeframe is not really any worse than our original DC, and we survived there...

I thought Atjeu had a guaranteed response time of ... 3 minutes or something?

Thanked by 1Damian
  • DamianDamian Member

@dominicl said: I thought Atjeu had a guaranteed response time of ... 3 minutes or something?

The original DC was Phoenix Internet, which worked 8 to 5 and may not actually respond to your problem the same day, even if you bring it up with them at 8:05am.

@Damian said: The original DC was Phoenix Internet, which worked 8 to 5 and may not actually respond to your problem the same day, even if you bring it up with them at 8:05am.

Wow, are you with Atjeu themselves atm?

Thanked by 1Damian
  • edited July 2012

@Damian said: Regarding Eonix/infinitie, they were suggested by @ShardHost. @ShardHost, any input?

Richard is a great guy. I can't comment on their support coverage but the network is very good.

Also if the sticking point with Pnap was IPS you can always seek to get your handoff elsewhere. They are carrier neutral. Eonix can even provide transit in PNAP.

Thanked by 1Damian
  • DamianDamian Member

@dominicl said: Wow, are you with Atjeu themselves atm?

Yes

@ShardHost said: Richard is a great guy. I can't comment on their support coverage but the network is very good.

Thank you for the input

Have you considered QuadraNet?

Thanked by 1Damian
This discussion has been closed.