Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone use ColoCrossing? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone use ColoCrossing?

Comments

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@CVPS_Chris said: Im not knocking anyone for that

Now that's funny

• SatelliteSatellite Member
    edited June 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: Yeah =/ But I guess you can only use what you can afford so Im not knocking anyone for that

@CVPS_Chris said: Still terrible hardware.

Uhhhhh... lolwut?

Doesn't explain why the hardware worked fine before and after ColoCrossing had it. Unless someone is lying.

• laaevlaaev Member

colocrossing rocks!

• CoreyCorey Member

These CC guys will try to grasp at anything for a little jab once you leave a bad review eh? :) I like how @mikehighend tries to avoid responding to the accusations as well as CVPS_Chris.... then we got some fresh meat on here -

@EricCubixCloud said: Your business partner is one of the main admins there, correct?

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Satellite said: Doesn't explain why the hardware worked fine before and after ColoCrossing had it.

Who is to even say that it did? And if it did.... something could have happened in transportation. I have needed remote hands from Colocrossing many of times over the years and they know what they are doing. They are in no way "STUPID" when it comes to trouble shooting.

@Corey said: @EricCubixCloud said: Your business partner is one of the main admins there, correct?

Incorrect. Thanks for trying to state something false.

• CoreyCorey Member

Right @CVPS_Chris - because I have something to gain from leaving this review? Right..........

• @CVPS_Chris said: Incorrect. Thanks for trying to state something false.

Sorry, didn't mean to start anything.

I was referring to Jeremiah Shinkle: General Operations Manager at ColoCrossing.
    This info must be out of date - my bad.

I just explained we have met in the past and use the same host. Dont see the problem here. We support each other.

@EricCubixCloud said: Sorry, didn't mean to start anything.

I was referring to Jeremiah Shinkle: General Operations Manager at ColoCrossing.
    This info must be out of date - my bad.

That is right Mr.Quel ;-)

• laaevlaaev Member

@CVPS_Chris said: That is right Mr.Quel ;-)

Comforthost lol

edited June 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: Comforthost lol

Indeed Kevin, Indeed

• SatelliteSatellite Member
    edited June 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: I just explained we have met in the past and use the same host. Dont see the problem here. We support each other.

http://nwnx.net/The-Team.html I don't get it, you're on the same team but have only met in the past? Not trying to cause drama, genuinely curious.

• Pfft those people look not nerdy enough to be trused with server management :P

• @Satellite said: http://nwnx.net/The-Team.html I don't get it, you're on the same team but have only met in the past?

Jeremiah is a girl!

• laaevlaaev Member

@Insidiea said: Jeremiah is a girl!

There stock photos.

Thanked by 1Liam
  • @CVPS_Chris said: That is right Mr.Quel ;-)

I am very confused - so you are connected to someone who works there, that's fine. Not sure why people care - Your review seems to be honest.

Also, I am not Quel nor am I representing "Comforthost" ...

Thanked by 1Liam

@Satellite said: http://nwnx.net/The-Team.html I don't get it, you're on the same team but have only met in the past? Not trying to cause drama, genuinely curious.

Site has not been updated or even complete. Me finished my masters got in the way. I actually planned on doing this during the weekend. Jeremiah is a guy.

@EricCubixCloud said: Also, I am not Quel nor am I representing "Comforthost"

Do you colo with them?

• laaevlaaev Member

@EricCubixCloud said: I am very confused - so you are connected to someone who works there, that's fine. Not sure why people care - Your review seems to be honest.

I believe he is suggesting your servers are through Comforthost.

• @CVPS_Chris said: Site has not been updated or even complete. Me finished my masters got in the way. I actually planned on doing this during the weekend. Jeremiah is a guy.

Yeah but my point is if you're on the same corporate team surely there's more of a link than "having met in the past and using the same host."

• @EricCubixCloud said: so you are connected to someone who works there

They must be to get 95% profit from a $7 2GB plan.

• edited June 2012

@Insidiea said: They must be to get 95% profit from a $7 2GB plan.

Depends how you are calculating your TCO for a server. If put my TCO over 10 years I could probably make that profit ;)

I am sure there are other ways of making good profit on 2gb of RAM.

• edited June 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: I believe he is suggesting your servers are through Comforthost.

(Re: @CVPS_Chris)

Indeed - they do the basic server management/colocation. I think I've mentioned this on a previous post - unless you found out through our team?

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited June 2012

@EricCubixCloud said: Indeed - they do the basic server management/colocation. I think I've mentioned this on a previous post - unless you found out through our team?

I knew you used Comforthost from the start and I do not work for colocrossing, since you mentioned you were in Chicago and i7's - that itself is already a clear sign you're using Comfort as they offer cheap deals on i7's out of colocrossing (or at least they used to).

• edited June 2012

@FTN_Kevin said: offer cheap deals on i7's

Right. We have a few E3-1230s also. Nothing wrong with ComfortHost colo admins nor ColoCrossing. Great stuff :)

Edit: (here come the haters....?)

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited June 2012

@EricCubixCloud said: Right. We have a few E3-1230s also. Nothing wrong with ComfortHost colo admins nor ColoCrossing. Great stuff :)

Just saying that's likely how @CVPS_Chris knew, or he whois'd your IP and it said Quel/comforthost in the rWHOIS/SWIP

Im done with this thread, all that was supposed to come out of it was that Colocrossing is great. Since 3 providers here already use them and agree. /Close.

• Btw, I don't use them for our VPS services. This is a personal server for me.