Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dotnet 3.5 Linux
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dotnet 3.5 Linux

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited June 2012 in General

I need to install Dotnet 3.5 (wine) but it just wont install

I keep getting this error:

Executing w_do_call dotnet20sp1
Executing load_dotnet20sp1
------------------------------------------------------
Working around wine bug 16956 -- wine version too old
wine-1.3.22 or later required to install dotnet20sp1 properly

Can anyone help me?
I also don't understand why it's saying dotnet20 because i already installed that

Comments

• KairusKairus Member

It's exactly as it sounds? It requires wine 1.3.22 or a newer version. Check your version?

wine --version

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Why the hack you use Wine? Better install small VM with Windows or try to run .NET app with Mono

• @gbshouse said: Why the hack you use Wine? Better install small VM with Windows or try to run .NET app with Mono

This is on a VPS

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

As far as I know Wine is buggy and not stable. If you are using Open Source app fetch Linux version or compile from sources. You can also try to run qemu (I was able to get it to work on VPS) with Windows.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2012

@joodle said: I need to install Dotnet 3.5 (wine) but it just wont install

I keep getting this error:

Can anyone help me?

I also don't understand why it's saying dotnet20 because i already installed that

Are you sure you installed .NET 2.0 and not a later version? Every major version of .NET appears to require independent installation, even if you already have a later major version.

Additionally, why not use Mono?

@gbshouse said: As far as I know Wine is buggy and not stable.

It's far more stable than you'd expect from something like WINE, and to be honest it's perfectly possible to use WINE to run certain applications. If bugs in WINE exist, they are typically predictable and listed on WineHQ. If an application is listed as stable, it typically runs stable without unexpected bugs.

• When i run it with mono i get the following error...

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.InvalidProgramException' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
  • yomeroyomero Member
    edited June 2012

Nothing like running a bleeding edge version of wine n_n
    And still sucks...

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@joodle said: When i run it with mono i get the following error...

Try installing mono-complete or mono-core, depending on your distribution.