Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Canada Test - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Canada Test

Comments

• @Daniel said: its not actually called military time.

Yeah i was just pointing out that many Americans refer to it as military time.

• MrDOSMrDOS Member
    edited June 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: Yeah i was just pointing out that many Americans refer to it as military time.

So do some of us Canucks.

Sorry, we have reached the limit of available servers for today. Please try again tomorrow!

Do these drop at the same time every day? When, exactly, is that – 01:00 EST?

• sandozsandoz Veteran

what do you fill in as twitter username?
    just your login (your twittername)?
    or @yourtwittername
    or http://www.twitter.com/yourname

i tried them all but none were accepted

• You need to follow @Ovh

• tuxtux Member

@sandoz said: what do you fill in as twitter username?

just your login (your twittername)?
    or @yourtwittername
    or http://www.twitter.com/yourname

i tried them all but none were accepted

your twitter name

• sandozsandoz Veteran

does it always start at the same time?

• lbftlbft Member
    edited June 2012

No, the time varies. They announce on Twitter what hour it'll be a few hours in advance and then they announce again 15 minutes before it starts.

• They didn't announce 15 minutes before the Dedicated servers started but they did for the VPS.

• lbftlbft Member

Before the VPSes they were announcing 15 minutes in advance...I bet they got mixed up because the VPS and dedi times were so close.

Typical OVH, they know how to put on a good deal but they suck at organisation and communication.

• Didn't get anything yet.

• Wow, how fast do these run out? Or is OVH delayed on clicking the release button?

I have been spamming the validate button for a VKS exactly on time and even 4 minutes after they said they released the stock. Still says "Sorry, we have reached the limit of vKS available today. Please come back tomorrow.".

Thanked by 196mb
  • 96mb96mb Member

Me too, just got up at 4:57am, and it is gone at 5:03am:

Sorry, we have reached the limit of vKS available today. Please come back tomorrow.

Talking about LET effect, LOL :)

• They're gone within minutes. Kind of like BuyVM stocks haha

Thanked by 1tux
  • The drives they are using for the beta servers are fairly good too, even with software raid 1.

root@ns4000525:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 7.30706 s, 147 MB/s

• @Daniel such a tease :(

• MrDOSMrDOS Member
    edited June 2012

3 minutes!

Edit: Gone in 15 seconds. WTF?! This is definitely harder than BuyVM.

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited June 2012

Yep, these things go fast as hell.......literally seconds.

Managed to get past their stupid Twitter passcode thing, then they are supposed to send you a Twitter message. Problem is, did not get one... So it seems that once you get passed their Twitter thing on the OVH website, it's a random draw, who they send the DMs to (just like others have said).

EDIT: If you make it to the activation thing, but never get an email, then you are done. You will need a whole new email and twitter account to retry.

• Yeah its pretty ridiculous.

Sorry for getting this community frustrated haha.

• I'm actually enjoying my beta server :)

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • @Daniel I'm glad dude! Now get me one! :P

• Managed to get one after following their Twitter feed and with a bit of luck. I wonder when they plan to set it up though. They said the beta will last until July, that's around two weeks left.

• @HalfEatenPie said: @Daniel I'm glad dude! Now get me one! :P

Im just rubbing it in.

• @Daniel said: I'm actually enjoying my beta server :)

So jealous ;(

• @Daniel me too ! :D

@Chronic, beta is till aug/sept!

• @StableVDS said: @Chronic, beta is till aug/sept!

Unless they plan to charge to take part in the beta I don't see how this could be interpreted any other way.

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited June 2012

@Chronic said:

Unless they plan to charge to take part in the beta I don't see how this could be interpreted any other way.

Yeah, they are usually free for some allotted time, then you have to pay after that.

• tommytommy Member

Sorry, we have reached the limit of available servers for today. Please try again tomorrow!

hmm

• @Chronic.. just checked in manager;

• Dedicated server lease (ns4000389.ip-198-245-xx.net) : 2012-07-04 15:47:43
      So your right.. but I heard aug from Oles a couple of weeks ago.
  • nabonabo Member

@liam said: A very succesful one at that.

I would say most of the successfull guys are quite weird.

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited June 2012

@NateN34 said: Managed to get past their stupid Twitter passcode thing, then they are supposed to send you a Twitter message. Problem is, did not get one... So it seems that once you get passed their Twitter thing on the OVH website, it's a random draw, who they send the DMs to (just like others have said).

Ok, just an update......

Just now I have received my activation code via Twitter DM. This is 7 hours later, after they said I should have received my activation code. Interesting!