Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFCVPS: 35% off, 2x ram, 2x bandwidth, 11 FREE backups
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LFCVPS: 35% off, 2x ram, 2x bandwidth, 11 FREE backups

jeff_lfcvpsjeff_lfcvps Member
edited June 2012 in Offers

Use promotion code "LETJUNE" for 35% recurring discount, 2X ram, 2X bandwidth (until July 1st, 2012) at http://www.lfcvps.com/

Our VPS Nodes:
- ASUS Z9PE-D16 Server Motherboard
- 2 x Hexa-Core Intel Xeon E5-NNNN CPUs with Hyper-Threading
- 64GB of ECC DDR3-1600 RAM (minimum)
- Adaptec 6805 w/ write-caching enabled (Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection)
- 8 x Seagate 15,000RPM 600GB SAS Hard Drives (RAID-10)

Why choose LFCVPS:
- Parent Company (LFCHosting) has been in business since 1996
- No overselling
- You control your rDNS (both IPv4 and IPv6)
- CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware, Fedora, Gentoo, Arch, Scientific Linux
- Includes free backups (7 daily, 3 weekly, 1 user controlled) and the ability to securely access them using FTP-SSL

LFC-128 ($27.30/year):
- Xen/SolusVM
- 256MB RAM / 256MB Swap
- 10GB disk space
- 400GB bandwidth
- 4 vCPU cores
- 1 IPv4 Address
- 10 IPv6 Addresses

LFC-256 ($5.17/month):
- Xen/SolusVM
- 512MB RAM / 512MB Swap
- 20GB disk space
- 600GB bandwidth
- 4 vCPU cores
- 1 IPv4 Address
- 10 IPv6 Addresses

NOTE: We can route you a /64 of IPv6 space if you request it

Network and Datacenter:
- 1500 Champa St, Denver
- Test IP: 208.68.106.21 / 2605:6f00:532::21:1
- Test Files: http://mirrors.lfcvps.com/speedtest/

We can be reached at sales (at) lfcvps.com

Comments

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Prices dont match up with Node specs, sorry but had to say it

• jeff_lfcvpsjeff_lfcvps Member
    edited June 2012

Sorry, @CVPS_Chris, my original comment of "I'm afraid they do" wasn't really a great reply :) Our node specs are 100% accurate -- you don't stay in business for 10+ years by lying about specifications that can be easily vetted by anyone who signs up for a VPS.

Thanked by 3TheHackBox joshin Amfy
  • TaylorTaylor Member
    edited June 2012

Seem very tempted by this, but no use /:

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

Removed post D:
    Clearly gonna get some serious abuse for having an opinion.

• rds100rds100 Member

What's the problem with that? Providers usually work for profit, not as charities.
    The specs are good, the prices are not bad.

• yomeroyomero Member

Pretty decent I think.
    Lots of cpu power to use :P

• [root@den ~]# ioping -RL .

--- . (ext3 /dev/xvda1) ioping statistics ---
    3017 requests completed in 3000.1 ms, 1262 iops, 315.5 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.6/0.8/2.3/0.1 ms
    [root@den ~]# ioping -R .

8196 requests completed in 3000.1 ms, 4563 iops, 17.8 mb/s
    [root@den ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=16k count=64k conv=fdatasync;rm -f test
    65536+0 records in
    65536+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 6.05183 s, 177 MB/s
    [root@den ~]# ioping . -c 5
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=1 time=0.2 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=2 time=0.3 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=3 time=0.4 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=4 time=0.3 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=5 time=0.3 ms

5 requests completed in 4002.3 ms, 3381 iops, 13.2 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.2/0.3/0.4/0.1 ms

@jeff_lfcvps said: Sorry, @CVPS_Chris, my original comment of "I'm afraid they do" wasn't really a great reply :) Our node specs are 100% accurate -- you don't stay in business for 10+ years by lying about specifications that can be easily vetted by anyone who signs up for a VPS.

I was not talking about the specs of the machines. The prices your charging do not make any sense and over a one year period would barley pay for the machine. Then we have to throw in colo/bw pricing etc.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: The prices your charging do not make any sense and over a one year period would barley pay for the machine.

I heard this hundreds times before. Your prices/offers wasn't exception here. It's so futile to go to the same accusation route as you experienced from others when you came out with your unrealistic offers ;-)

• @CVPS_Chris, that's what I'm charging. I'm confused why you posted at all?

Spirit,

Mine make perfect sense, I make a profit, the ROI on machine is less than 2 months etc.

His does not

@jeff_lfcvps said: @CVPS_Chris, that's what I'm charging. I'm confused why you posted at all?

I posted because I am just pointing out that your business plan is flawed and that the prices are not sustainable

• @CVPS_Chris, oh, I didn't realize you had access to our financial records. I'll clear my posts by you in the future.

edited June 2012

lol @jeff_lfcvps,

Just pointing out facts that your putting these plans on a machine that costs $6k+.

Unless the equipment is stolen, the pricing does not fit what your trying to do and is not a sustainable offer.

Not to mention the free backups that also cost money.

• rds100rds100 Member

@CVPS_Chris why? It's just marketing. You sell some at a loss, have some happy customers, they post good things about you, then you get higher paying customers. What's the problem here?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@rds100 said: @CVPS_Chris why? It's just marketing. You sell some at a loss, have some happy customers, they post good things about you, then you get higher paying customers. What's the problem here?

I'm not going to chime in on if their plans are legit or not, but I can assure you that your quoted plan is rarely how it goes. You should expect at least a year where people aren't willing to put anything production ready on you as they simply test you out.

Granted, if you're very open about your business plan/margins and any large people that back you it can help shorten that window, but there's been many hosts that have jumped on the super LEB market and sank because they sold it at a loss

Francisco

• rds100rds100 Member

@Francisco i know, but still we have seen a lot more unreasonable plans here :)

@rds100 said: i know, but still we have seen a lot more unreasonable plans here :)

I think your missing the point, I am not talking about the price of his plans ( to be honest they are not that great ). I am pointing out the hardware he is putting them on

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@CVPS_Chris said: Just pointing out facts that your putting these plans on a machine that costs $6k+.

Unless the equipment is stolen, the pricing does not fit what your trying to do and is not a sustainable offer.

Not all offers need to be sustinable, some are just a way to attract clients. 5 months ago we were asked for $5K for a quarterly banner campaign, instead we decided we should use the same money giving near free service. Some space in each node is still used for marketing purpose.

• rds100rds100 Member

Well, i know of one provider who is very active here at LET and their boxes cost 5-6k EUR or more each and yet they keep adding more boxes at new locations every month. Why do they do it? :)

@prometeus said: Not all offers need to be sustinable,

Marketing the lowendmarket. Gotta love it.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

My rough guess would be that unlike many companies here this host don't concentrate whole business around lowendbox/lowendtalk community (which is ok). And I doubt that they will sell hundreds and hundreds little boxes from this offer as they don't circle jerk 24/7 here.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Spirit said: My rough guess would be that unlike many companies here this host don't concentrate whole business around lowendbox/lowendtalk community (which is ok).

Which makes sense, they only have 2 plans that are LEB priced.

Francisco

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: Just pointing out facts that your putting these plans on a machine that costs $6k+.

Not to mention the free backups that also cost money.

Are you sure it cost more than 6K or 6K?!!

@CVPS_Chris said: Marketing the lowendmarket. Gotta love it.

marketing is required to sell everything. The time you pass here isn't accounted in your marketing budget? The banners you have here and there aren't marketing? Why your price was settled at $7?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2012

@Francisco said: Which makes sense, they only have 2 plans that are LEB priced.

Actually they have none (except 42$/y) LEB offer on their site. I see them post here and there (not often) some good special deal and this is it.
    The reason why I posted in this host defence is that partially knowing his past decade and half (open source) work I think that this veteran won't just dissapear.

Thanked by 1Amfy

@prometeus said: marketing is required to sell everything. The time you pass here isn't accounted in your marketing budget? The banners you have here and there aren't marketing? Why your price was settled at $7?

I gave an offer, and pay for a banner. Beyond that I dont do much for the LEB community advertising wise. We have a higher number of higher paying clients and dedicated/colocated server clients.

We offer VPS because we can, and at a price better than anyone else.

@key12 said: are you sure it cost more than 6K or 6K?!!

Yes

@CVPS_Chris said: We offer VPS because we can, and at a price better than anyone else

every mid sized company with some cash can. you are joking with your $7 openvz plans. do the same with xen, then came back and talk again.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2012

$2811.00 for
    Supermicro SuperServer Dual LGA2011 Xeon 440W/480W 1U Server
    2x Intel Xeon Six-Core Processor E5-2630 2.3GHz
    8x Kingston KVR1333D3D4R9S/8GI DDR3-1333 8GB
    LSI/3Ware 9650SE
    LSI/3Ware BBU-MODULE-04 Battery Backup Unit

I guess 3ware card more explensive than Adaptec 6805?! and I Don't know what it cost SAS Hard Drives but it can't be more 2K right?