Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some help with openvpn or pptp setup on openvz vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need some help with openvpn or pptp setup on openvz vps

speedy007speedy007 Member
edited May 2012 in Help

Hi
I have been trying to setup pptp vpn to connect my iphone to my openvz server, I have installed the pptpd server and I tried to follow this guide but I have problems setting iptables as this is openvz; I would appreciate any help getting this setup going, thank you.
P.S. I have also installed openvpn on this server so if anyone can offer some help with openvpn and iphone then it will be much appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Have you enabled Tun/Tap and PPP?

• BHostBHost Member
    edited May 2012

Just the following rule should work, where $ip is the external IP of your VPS:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j SNAT --to-source $ip

EDIT: For OpenVPN you will also want the following:
    iptables -A FORWARD -i tun0 -o venet0 -j ACCEPT

• Have you enabled Tun/Tap and PPP?

@Daniel yeah Tun/Tap and PPP is enabled, in fact I tried on two different vps but the iphone does not seem to connect

when I exicute this command /sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o venet0 -j MASQUERADE I get this error iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

Use this guide:
    http://www.putdispenserhere.com/pptp-vpn-setup-guide-for-a-debian-openvz-vps/

they also have a guide and automated scripts for both OpenVPN and PPTP that work very well.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

can I say "that's because it is an iPhone" and derail the thread?

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@JoeMerit said: Use this guide

There are 4 or 5 kernel modules most hosts do not load which causes the iHipsterPhone to not work