Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone has VPS from YDGH Dallas DC? [updated] - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone has VPS from YDGH Dallas DC? [updated]

2»

Comments

• CoreyCorey Member

@raindog308

We've been in business for 3 years.

Idk what 'Super Alpha Reseller' you are talking about? We don't sell that. We only sell Alpha and Master resellers. There is tons of value with these packages, because people are hosting single websites using very little resources. If they start using to many resources we would ask them to upgrade to a vps package. ( haven't had to do that yet ) We can fit WAY more alpha/master resellers per server than we can VPS customers.

From our experience people usually buy these packages for the features. They want to be able to sell master resellers without having to setup their own server. They don't plan on selling 1000's of people that also sell 1000's of people..... These packages are usually barely used because of the lack of experience people have that buy them.

The same could be said about the lowend vps market - how could you sell X of this and X of that for only $4? Don't be naive.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Corey said: Idk what 'Super Alpha Reseller' you are talking about? We don't sell that.

I quoted quirkyquark, not you - it was a general observation on SuperAlphaResellers.

• CoreyCorey Member

@raindog308 and I took offense to what you said and stated how we are able to offer it. It's not absurd or shady.

• huluwahuluwa Member
    edited April 2012

You limit everyone without investigating who abused. I think you can check SolusVM back-end.
    When I raised a ticket with my bw usage, you pushed it to Wayne, then he carelessly replied, and dropped some unpleasant words. 20GB =over cap, it can't be tolerated.

I planned to buy a new one some days later, but now I cancelled exsiting one with my worst experience.

@Corey said: What really happened here was we had people using tons of bandwidth spamming and such and wayne went through and limited a ton of people down to K's per second because he couldn't see that any changes in bandwidth were being made. we then tested it and found that bandwidth limiting was not working so we fixed it.

• huluwahuluwa Member
    edited April 2012

@DotVPS said: I'm not taking sides but if you more VPS's than colours on a rainbow this is a hard job trust me!

maybe you are right ^_^ , but I think it's awful to limite a ton of people down to K's per second without corrction, even submit the proof.

• @DotVPS said: The limiting with Solus is a pain in the ass and was hanging my nodes even @AnthonySmith had the same issue.

aha~ as an end-user, I knew much about Solus control panel today. thx

• CoreyCorey Member

Huluwa I urge you to try us again - thank you for bringing this to my attention!

• I'm backing @Corey i currently have a vps with them, runs perfect no problems at all and the speed kicks ass

• CoreyCorey Member

@gsrdgrdghd @vedran - thank you for bringing that ToS issue to our attention with the 10% thing. We have since amended our TOS to be more fair to the client and more accurate to what we wanted to do with it, see the following -

• Any shared services abusing disk I/O or causing load issues for other customers on the server will be suspended and notified.
  • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

@Corey said: Any shared services abusing disk I/O or causing load issues for other customers on the server will be suspended and notified.

So how will people know if they are abusing disk i/o or causing issues for other customers? (other than being suspended and notified) What is acceptable?

• How will people know if they are "abusing" their service? Our experience was pretty nasty with this. Bottom line: I would not recommend them for any important project.

We had multiple connected VPS with them and suddenly they suspended our main VPS. We tried to contact them for 3 days to find out what was going on, until we finally got hold of them. They told us that we caused to much load and that they won't be able to restore our VPS since they already deleted the data to make room for other customers.
    Plus they didn't want to refund for the services already paid, even though they destroyed the data and prevented us from the paid for services.
    Trying to resolve this via BBB was impossible since registered mail could not be delivered to their business address ("wrong address").

• @Corey: care to comment? First the bw limiting fiasco, now this...

• CoreyCorey Member

@JoeMerit, from our experience we suspend first and ask later if the disk IO abuse is causing so much load that other customers can't do anything.... or else the customer never replies.

@mzeitler here is the ticket for everyone to read... just copy pasted since i dont want to spend all that time screenshotting...

Matthias Zeitler
    Client
    04/07/2012 20:26
    Hi,

I need access to my VPS again. We have data on there that I need to access.
    If you want to cancel our accoutn because we are using to much cycles, we will find another hoster, but I need to access the VPS at least for a short time to get our data from it.

Thanks,
    Matthias

PS: Since we have multiple VPS and the others are mostly idle, I think you should consider how much CPU time we use in general.

IP Address: 110.55.117.65
    Corey Manshack
    Staff

04/07/2012 21:24
    Hi Matthias I don't think that's what we said -

You have a ton of proxyrr.pl processes spawning every so often causing a lot of load on the server. Your services have been suspended as a result. Please reply to this ticket to resolve this issue.

Your proxyrr.pl process causes a lot of LOAD when 100's of them spawn every so often. If you would like to reduce the number of processes that spawn we could unsuspend you.

Just because you have multiple vps with us doesn't mean we will let you abuse resources on one of them.

Do not hesitate to call and or email us anytime!

Best Regards,

--
    Corey Manshack

Technical Operations
    Your Domain Goes Here
    http://www.yourdomaingoeshere.com/

Phone: 1.888.YDGH.COM

Fax: 1.888.934.4266 - Attn Corey

If you are happy with the service I have provided, I would very much
    appreciate you sharing my contact information with your business associates.

The information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and/or
    confidential intended solely for the exclusive use of the individual
    addressee. If you are not the intended addressee you are hereby notified that any retention, disclosure or other use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this notification in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the material.
    Matthias Zeitler
    Client

04/07/2012 21:32
    I definiatelly need access to the server again to get access to the data.
    Please unsuspend.

The script we have running there is specialized proxy that respawn for each request. We can reduce the number of connections, but I need some more guidance to know what you would consider acceptable load.

Thanks,
    Matthias
    Corey Manshack
    Staff

Delete Support Ticket 04/07/2012 21:35

Well the total load on the entire machine was going over 6 (usually under .5) when those processes were spawning because you were pushing lots of other people back in the run queue. Can you limit the number that spawn to 10?

Best Regards,

--
    Corey Manshack

Technical Operations
    Your Domain Goes Here

addressee. If you are not the intended addressee you are hereby notified that any retention, disclosure or other use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this notification in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the material.
    Matthias Zeitler
    Client

04/07/2012 21:45
    Please unsuspend.
    I will then change the configuration and see if it still makes sense for us with 10 connections.
    Corey Manshack
    Staff

04/07/2012 22:24
    I am terribly sorry - looks like our script auto deleted your suspended vps to make room for new customers - however your ip address is still available. I can recreate this if that suits you.

Best Regards,

--
    Corey Manshack

Technical Operations
    Your Domain Goes Here

Matthias Zeitler
    Client

04/07/2012 22:29
    This is really unfortunate and causing us a lot of issues and work. Not only have you suspended our VPS without prior notice, now you have also deleted the data as well.

Please CANCEL all our accounts with you and refund the full payment for the whole period we have been with you.

Thanks,
    Matthias

Corey Manshack
    Staff

04/07/2012 22:34
    Hi Matthias Zeitler, we take a 'suspend first ask questions later' approach. In our experience customers never respond if we simply open a ticket with them. We suspended you and opened a ticket with you. It took you 4 days to reply to that ticket and our script automatically removed your vps ( it shouldn't have - and this is unfortunate and I do apologize ). We can cancel all of your services, however we are not able to give any refunds due to the abuse issue, thank you for your business!

Best Regards,

--
    Corey Manshack

Technical Operations
    Your Domain Goes Here

Matthias Zeitler
    Client

04/07/2012 22:41
    I have answered your suspension email right after I received it. And then sent another message via your support portal a day later.
    Today is the first time you respeonded. Perhaps your other supprot channels don't work?

Anyways it's very easy, if you don't refund the payments, I will just initiate a charge back.

Corey Manshack
    Staff

04/07/2012 22:43
    All of our support channels are working properly, we will not be refunding the money. Once again, thank you for your business!

Best Regards,

--
    Corey Manshack

Technical Operations
    Your Domain Goes Here

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

What 'script' do you use that autodeletes containers?

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

After reading the followups perhaps I was a little harsh with my "never sign up pile" comment. I still think that they are nice guys, looks like they mishandled some abuse and maybe was just an isolated incident and they didnt mean to cheat the OP out of using his bandwidth allotment.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • CoreyCorey Member

@Infinity one that I created.

@JoeMerit Thank you very much.

• @Corey said: our script automatically removed your vps ( it shouldn't have - and this is unfortunate and I do apologize )

What's with all of your undebugged scripts? First the 10kbps bw limit, then this "auto-delete-instead-of-suspend".... Is YDGH so busy someone can't manually approve/reject deletes of entire containers? Sorry, but this level of ham-handed automation makes me wary.

• CoreyCorey Member

@quirkyquark we didn't auto delete instead of suspend, we deleted a suspended container, the time limit on deleting suspended containers was set to low.

10kbps limit was a human error/solusvm issue.

Seems like you try to twist our words for some reason.