Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ubuntu 12.04 releases!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ubuntu 12.04 releases!

FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
edited April 2012 in General

http://releases.ubuntu.com/12.04/

We've thrown a 100mbit unmetered VM behind ubuntu 12.04 desktop & server.

Enjoy everyone :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1giang

Comments

• Better get this added to the .iso library :)

• gianggiang Veteran

My netbook was using Ubuntu 12.04 beta, there is no update and the last update was 2 days ago :D It seems it already got 12.04 final =)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@giang said: My netbook was using Ubuntu 12.04 beta, there is no update and the last update was 2 days ago :D It seems it already got 12.04 final =)

12.04 isn't 'officially' out yet, but the main mirrors seem to be getting it ;)

Francisco

Thanked by 1giang
  • @Francisco said: We've thrown a 100mbit unmetered VM

Thrown where? Don't see it on mirrors.buyvm....

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

Great,

Now to see if Ubuntu breaks into a billion pieces under OpenVZ like new releases usually do.

@quirkyquark said: Thrown where? Don't see it on mirrors.buyvm....

We don't mirror the ISO's since they aren't useful for users within the LAN. Outside speeds are capped at 1Mbit/sec but I may up it some more.

@ramnet said: Now to see if Ubuntu breaks into a billion pieces under OpenVZ like new releases usually do.

The init bug is at least addressed in mainstream.

Francisco

edited April 2012

@Francisco said: The init bug is at least addressed in mainstream.

I only support LTS releases (Ubuntu has too many issues to spend time building non-LTS templates only for them to be obsolete a few months later) - so I have lots to check since 10.04 LTS :P

If an OS isn't good for at least 1 year I don't bother with it (rolling releases excepted of course)

@ramnet said: If an OS isn't good for at least 1 year I don't bother with it (rolling releases excepted of course)

Yea, 11.x had a bug where INIT would sit and rip 100% CPU looking for flags that didn't exist. There was patched init's but those took a while to get going. We ended up simply pulling init from 10.x and chattr'ing it in place.

Francisco

Interestingly, http://www.ubuntu.com is dead.

http://rhnx.net/pix/ubuntu-down.png

At least we know Ubuntu.com is a Drupal site now :P

@ramnet said: At least we know Ubuntu.com is a Drupal site now :P

At least we know why ubuntu is down now*

Francisco

Thanked by 1Aldryic

@Francisco said: Yea, 11.x had a bug where INIT would sit and rip 100% CPU looking for flags that didn't exist.

Ah, I think Gentoo had the same issue too (Gentoo would go into an infinite reboot cycle because of it though).

• quirkyquarkquirkyquark Member
    edited April 2012

@ramnet said: Now to see if Ubuntu breaks into a billion pieces under OpenVZ like new releases usually do.

Precise (/beta) has been running fantastic for me on multiple OVZ .32 kernel VPSs. It will not install, upgrade or run on .18 kernels (notabug).

• @ramnet said: Ubuntu has too many issues to spend time building non-LTS templates

Why not start with the official precreated ones instead of rolling your own?

@quirkyquark said: Precise (/beta) has been running fantastic for me on multiple OVZ .32 kernel VPSs. It will not install, upgrade or run on .18 kernels (notabug).

I was running BETA2 on an .18 without issue. I'll fiddle with FINAL and see if I can make it play nice :) probably just needs some adjustments to the version masking.

Francisco

@quirkyquark said: It will not install, upgrade or run on .18 kernels (notabug).

I mostly run .27 so we'll see....

@quirkyquark said: Why not start with the official precreated ones instead of rolling your own?

I usually upgrade the old ones I have, and package those.

And then I can give my clients upgrade instructions (since the normal upgrade usually has issues with Ubuntu).

• @Francisco -- great to hear!
    @ramnet -- officially the requirement is .24 or above so it's all good :)

• Now please drop us some stock BuyVM :P

• @djvdorp said: Now please drop us some stock BuyVM :P

LMAO, he said stock!

@Francisco said: I think the only major expansion happening on the west coast for us for now would be to taunt the storage market some more.

@djvdorp Check the above comment at http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2407/paypal-notice-of-policy-update#Form_Comment I think @Francisco is cluing you in here that there are no plans on the table for stock other than casualties.

@miTgiB said: is cluing you in here that there are no plans on the table for stock other than casualties.

... Minus the 560 128's and a few hundred of the other plans too?

We got gear just pending RAM right now. Supertalent is just slow :(

Thanked by 2DeletedUser djvdorp
  • And, as promised, a full stock release of the 128s (x25 units) will be sold solely to LET members in a Casualties Friday-style offers post :3

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited April 2012

@Francisco said: ... Minus the 560 128's and a few hundred of the other plans too?

We got gear just pending RAM right now. Supertalent is just slow :(

All I see here is the word soon, I bought samsung ram and paid $3 more per stick, but I have it ;)

• @Aldryic said: And, as promised, a full stock release of the 128s (x25 units) will be sold solely to LET members in a Casualties Friday-style offers post :3

I will love you for this.

@miTgiB said: All I see here is the word soon, I bought samsung ram and paid $3 more per stick, but I have it ;)

Sure, but we already got plenty of 'incase shit happens' RAM, we don't need more :P

We're in no rush. We've spent more time this week planning for the company vacation this year than on what we're going to sell.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Sure, but we already got plenty of 'incase shit happens' RAM, we don't need more :P

That's my favorite kind of ram.

• komokomo Member
    edited April 2012

does anyone have a link to a 12.04 netinstall xubuntu ISO image?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Francisco said: company vacation

Can I work for you that days? So, I can have payed vacations too :D

• DerekDerek Member

@Francisco said: We're in no rush. We've spent more time this week planning for the company vacation this year than on what we're going to sell.

Planning?

Going to China for a business trip and expansion :P.

Thanked by 1fan

@Derek said: Planning?

Going to China for a business trip and expansion :P.

Vegas :) Mostly everything we want to see, etc.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Mostly everything we want to see, etc.

Everything? http://www.lasvegaslogue.com/prostitution

• Well I guess I can get back on topic, Ubuntu's mirrors are being really slow today :/