Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We are expanding again, recommend hosts if you can =) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We are expanding again, recommend hosts if you can =)

Comments

• What @eLohkCalb said.

• How about PrivateLayer in Panama?

• @Dionysus said: Why not Canada? :(

It's on my list...

@quirkyquark said: Or US West Coast for that matter...

On my list too, likely LA.

@birdie25 said: Not if you go directly with Serverius, they charge 40€ for 1U, 1Gbit with 25TB traffic, which is pretty nice.

I doubt that they charge US 40EUR, we need quite a LOT different stuff than a normal colocation client (3 network ports, IP routing, 2 power ports etc etc :)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@iKocka said: Why don't you send one server to Slovenia?

@William said: Too expensive and just 30km away from here :-)

Is it 1U/1HE 19" rack for 65,00€ or 2U/2HE 19" rack for 75,00€ with as much as you need free IPs (I know that you have own block) too expensive?
    Just curiosity (I didn't check details/IPv6 availability :)

• AkiraAkira Member

Have you considering lowering your prices a bit instead of spending on new locations? (Just a thought)

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

I think that they have inspiration to plant single servers all over the globe and that way to provide affordable vps service for everyone needs on any part of the world. All those rare/expensive locations now for affordable prices from edis... Diversity - niche for sure. So no, your limitating suggestion most likely isn't something what they would want to and for sure we also wouldn't benefit from it - we can always get some cent cheaper vps somewhere.. but not on every xy location for price edis can offer :)

Thanked by 2circus maxexcloo
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@Akira said: Have you considering lowering your prices a bit instead of spending on new locations? (Just a thought)

I think that their service is worth the money. And you get nice amounts of bandwidth with the price. Never had any KVM working that well like the ones (CH & UK) I have with EDIS. More disk space included in the price would be great however.

• @William send them an email!

• @Spirit said: Is it 1U/1HE 19" rack for 65,00€ or 2U/2HE 19" rack for 75,00€ with as much as you need free IPs (I know that you have own block) too expensive?

This certainly does not include enough power for our servers and a 100Mbit UNSHARED flatrate - we only buy flatrate.
    Don't forget that we need 3x 100Mbit ports also.
    But provide me an email and i ask ;)

@Akira said: Have you considering lowering your prices a bit instead of spending on new locations? (Just a thought)

No, the prices will not be lowered - that is out of discussion.
    Even if we stop expanding we will not lower the prices.

@birdie25 said: @William send them an email!

No, NL is not on my list and will not be done :)

• @William said: No, NL is not on my list and will not be done :)

Why?

• komokomo Member

maybe because there are hundred of leb offers from NL.

• flyfly Member

I heard edis is going to Hong Kong. True?

• Yes :)

• quirkyquarkquirkyquark Member
    edited April 2012

I see nothing wrong with EDIS prices, and I know that their storage is very high quality, but a little bit more disk space wouldn't hurt :) (or is that also out of discussion :p)

Thanked by 1Taylor
  • minamina Member
    edited May 2012

For Finland location you could check DevNet.fi, they're cheaper than Nebula(which I'm sure you've already heard). [email protected] /www.devnet.fi

But then again they are 4ms away from Finnish Internet Exchange, and your Stockholm location is 8ms away, not that much of a gain, either than being a nice location.

• ZiggaZigga Member

@William

Any plans for Australia? Data is a killer, but excellent networks and skilled people :)
    An ISP's data center would probably get you the best deals on data.

ISP data centers:
    internode

Data centers:
    pipenetworks biggest and best
    vocus (runs their own network)
    micron21(microscopic, also have their own network)
    nextdc(brand new facilities around AU)

Thanked by 1maxexcloo
  • WilliamWilliam Member

@Zigga said: Any plans for Australia?

Too expensive, not much use.

Thanked by 1maxexcloo
  • @DotVPS What is your issue with Serverius and their network? From all my experiences with them I have yet to have any issues which were bandwidth/network related with the service? Hard time dealing with staff? Cost? Curious to know.

• So issues were more so with the middleman than Serverius and anything related to their network? Sounds like Qirus didn't understand how to handle their own routers correctly, there should be no reason a "server" should cause the switch to hang unless the switch/router are not configured correctly to begin with. Sucks they treated you like that, you would think when offering a product they would try to at least get you using the product before the start billing you for their time.

Also I have never had to deal with DDOS mitigation on Serverius's network, was curious how they handled that. Seems though your issues were just with getting the hardware up more than with the network? If I am understanding you correctly?

Thanks for the info though!

• @WhiteLabelHosting Good to hear someone else having a good experience. I have had several servers in Serverius's data center my self, in fact had a customer who used to have a rack in a Lambdanet datacenter, who actually moved all their servers to Serverius after testing their service. Their routing/peering to Openpeering, NL-IX and TiNet connected networks is just as good and the rack/power/bw actually costs much less.

I was actually surprised to hear DotVPS was having problems.

Thanks for the info guys!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Capping your inbound port doesn't change if a ddos is going to own you or not, it just means you have that much smaller of a pipe to try to absorb the flood :P

If someone blasts a 1gbit flood at your 10Mbit port, your port will just die that much sooner. That doesn't mean your upstream/DC won't see the rest of the flood.

Francisco

• Customer who I mentioned before has a half rack. (At least I assume they do, I was consulting for them aided in their move to Serverius, after that they retained someone else to manage their servers for them in the long run). I haven't heard from them in a while, but I am assuming everything is still working great for them.

I have a few servers my self, but they are via someone else. Everything seems to work great for me, their transit to where I am in the US is actually better than several other networks I had servers on. Also the 100mbit port I have actually is full duplex and I can achieve a total of 20,000kb/sec combined on a 100mbit port which is awesome. Several other providers I have coloed with have had 100mbit ports but usualy couldn't use more than 10,000kb/sec combined on a 100mbit port. Never had a need for Gigabit port so not sure about that.

@DotVPS said: yea but the switch wasn't showing traffic of 1000mbps or even close.

If it was a flood it's likely they just use some really crappy switches that tank during any sort of PPS spike. :P

Francisco

@DotVPS said: Dell PowerConnect 6224

Those handle OK. We had 5324's and they do OK during high pps, not amazing but they didn't fall over either.

Francisco

• What spec boxes are you after?, I can do Spain and Portugal!

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2012

@unixguru said: What spec boxes are you after?, I can do Spain and Portugal!

We do not rent dedicated. Only Colo with special requirements.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2012
  • For Japan, how about http://sakura.ad.jp/?

Stable network, owns their own stuff and 'the most popular webhost in Japan'

• WilliamWilliam Member

I can't even read the website :)

• Lol, well, can't be helped :P