Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We are expanding again, recommend hosts if you can =)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We are expanding again, recommend hosts if you can =)

WilliamWilliam Member
edited April 2012 in Providers

As maybe seen on LEB we expand again, so to not make the "italy fiasco" again i thought i ask here if anyone knows good providers.

Countries in order of prefference/need:
Spain
Hungary
Poland
Slovakia (or Czech Republic)
Hong Kong (likely done already, but if you know an excellent ISP....)
Ukraine
Panama (or Latin America, excluding Ecuador, Peru, Mexico, Colombia and Brazil due to political instability or high customs fees/tax)

Prefer direct datacenters, though they mostly don't do colo by U...
Provider should own his AS since he needs to route a /24 and/or /23 IP block
IPv6 REQUIRED - No ISPs without IPv6 in any case.

So, thanks upfront :)

William

Comments

• For Spain I recommend Sologigabit and for Ukraine I recommend Colocall.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

You can check atw.co.hu (AS41075). They are fully IPv6 capable. xzibition.com have shell server hosted there and it's solid rock stable.

• Get ATMAN.PL in Warsaw Poland, http://en.atman.pl/offer_for_business/data_center_poland
    Amazing network! They have a few different AS #s, you can search for ATMAN and ATM S.A. on http://bgp.he.net

• fanfan Veteran
    edited April 2012

As mentioned in the LEB post, Equinix Tokyo or KDDI (Linode uses that for their Tokyo location).

Also what's the network speed of your HK location? If it's over 5mbps I'd definitely get one/

• Sologigabit is singlehomed cogent, OUT.
    Colocall is nice, noted.

@Spirit Wrote to them already :)
    @JoeMerit them too
    @fan KDDI does not reply to my messages

• Interxion is also in Spain ;) http://www.interxion.com/

• Some plans to be in LatinAmerica? :P

• @TheHackBox said: Interxion is also in Spain ;)

Yes, but they:
    Only do Fullracks and over
    Have no own connectivity, which requires that we put a router

@yomero said: Some plans to be in LatinAmerica? :P

Yes, likely Panama.

• Ignore Hong Kong, Singapore! (40Mbps full rack dedicated). Can put you in touch with one of the guys running the service ;)

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited April 2012

40Mbps? Fullrack?
    Way too expensive, we only need 1U and 1U for expansion.
    Also, 3x100Mbit at least - not some 40Mbit limited stuff ;)

EDIT:
    Don't forget that we would need an ISP license in Singapore for providing VPS services - which we don't have and don't get.

• hienhien Member

For Hong Kong I recommend iAdvantage

• laaevlaaev Member

@William said: Yes, likely Panama.

For Panama check out ColoPronto

• @FTN_Kevin said: For Panama check out ColoPronto

Are you insane? That has to be the worst suggestion ever. They are not a ethical company either. Legal threats to remove bad reviews. Overcharging, And the list goes on. All one needs to do is Search "Serverpronto Reviews".

• laaevlaaev Member

@DanielM said: Are you insane? That has to be the worst suggestion ever. They are not a ethical company either. Legal threats to remove bad reviews. Overcharging, And the list goes on. All one needs to do is Search "Serverpronto Reviews".

I have first hand experience with their new brand FortaTrust and the service itself and support is excellent.

I cannot comment on billing, but the only complaints I found online were for billing issues.

• @William said: Don't forget that we would need an ISP license in Singapore for providing VPS services - which we don't have and don't get.

Nope, you don't.

• Poland sounds good :)

• Poland could have some legal problems.

• I wouldn't recommend:
    Spain
    Hungary
    Poland
    Slovakia (or Czech Republic)
    Ukraine

You already have much locations in the EU which have a ping of ~20ms or so to these countries so noone would really benefit from it. Also people buying servers there would probably expect something "bullet-proof" for warez hosting, nulled scripts etc.

Thanked by 2Amfy maxexcloo
  • I'd prefer Iceland.

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • Why don't you send one server to Slovenia?

• And... Finland?
    It is my general observation that in countries with colder climate things are done better.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Also people buying servers there would probably expect something "bullet-proof" for warez hosting, nulled scripts etc.

So? ;-)

@rds100 said: I'd prefer Iceland.

Too expensive :(

@iKocka said: Why don't you send one server to Slovenia?

Too expensive and just 30km away from here :-)

@Boltersdriveer said: Nope, you don't.

I doub't that a lawyer in SG would lie to me :-)

@gsrdgrdghd said: You already have much locations in the EU which have a ping of ~20ms or so to these countries so noone would really benefit from it

Yes, but.... why not.

• Or US West Coast for that matter...

• Netherlands!

• Serverius :)

• Not if you go directly with Serverius, they charge 40€ for 1U, 1Gbit with 25TB traffic, which is pretty nice.

• If your switch needs rebooting because of some measly DoS you seriously need to get a new switch.

• Would you mind letting me know which provider you're going with for your Hongkong location? :)

• @DotVPS Well, you've used qirus.eu which has their own rack in Serverius, also their own switches. Dealing with Serverius directly is not the same.

Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • @William said: I doub't that a lawyer in SG would lie to me :-)

Your lawyer did lie to you, or he doesn't know what he's talking about.
    ISP license is NOT for VPS providers.

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer