Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostigation ipv6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostigation ipv6

flyfly Member
edited April 2012 in Providers

tim just hooked us up with native v6's from level3 in Charlotte :)

Comments

• How much does he assign you?

• a /64

• And? Most VPS Providers already offer ipv6..

• flyfly Member

name me some top tier hosts that have v6 besides inceptionhosting and buyvm.

• @kbar said: name me some top tier hosts that have v6 besides inceptionhosting and buyvm.

Native ipv6.

• flyfly Member

@TheHackBox said: Native ipv6.

^

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@TheHackBox said: Native ipv6.

what do you mean with "native" ?

• @prometeus said: what do you mean with "native" ?

I guess he means that some hosts have ipv6 tunneled with... he, for example

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@yomero said: I guess he means that some hosts have ipv6 tunneled with... he, for example

I see :)
    But this isn't often a provider fault but a necessity when for example the datacenter (or in general the upstreams) don't yet support IPv6 ;)

However lately I see a lot of "moviment" in the IPv6 space and this is a good thing...

• @kbar said: name me some top tier hosts that have v6 besides inceptionhosting and buyvm.

EDIS, Hetzner, OVH, Quickweb..... :)

•  said: name me some top tier hosts that have v6 besides inceptionhosting and buyvm.

We provide native ipv6 :)

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @Jonny_Evorack said: We provide native ipv6 :)

@kbar said top tier :P

Sorry, couldn't resist

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited April 2012

We do :)

Thanked by 3rm_ Francisco tux
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

name me some top tier hosts that have v6 besides inceptionhosting and buyvm.

If a host doesn't provide IPv6, it can not be considered a top-tier in 2012.

• flyfly Member

ya edis is pretty good. GET THAT RDNS WORKING THO.
    hetzner isn't vps, ovh isn't vps

• nabonabo Member
    edited April 2012

@kbar said: hetzner isn't vps, ovh isn't vps

Hetzner: http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produktmatrix_vserver/vserver-produktmatrix
    OVH: http://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/

Do you mean some other guys named Hetzner and OVH? ;-)

• Please also put BurstNET into the list.

• flyfly Member
    edited April 2012

i think we're talking about low end pricing guys. get off my thread

Thanked by 2Infinity TheHackBox
  • I signed up with hostigation 2 weeks ago, 128mb OpenVZ and just shutdown. Now I boot it and try install wordpress blog. Performance is wow. Very fast man! I dunno how to test the server, but clicking on my firefox and render is so much faster than my other VPS.

• @jcaleb said: I dunno how to test the server, but clicking on my firefox and render is so much faster than my other VPS.

That's really all that matters, you and your visitors are impressed. Constant benchmarking a VPS seems to be a hobby, soon to be Olympic Event, that really has no real world application, but your web server is real, and you are happy, now have a coke and a smile.

• /me reminds himself to try out hostigation very soon :)

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited April 2012

@miTgiB yes very snappy, you click a page and it's there! if new wordpress version comes around, i'll try to upgrade from the admin page. that's a good test how good the server is. if upgrade from php page is fast.

maybe setup also comes to play. old server is debian 5 and php not the fpm. the new one is debian 6 and php5-fpm.

i did the install on hostigation just to try how to install on debian 6, because i read here debian 5 will not have support or something like that.

but i think overall, the server really is great! i didn't think its that good at first because of the zombie

• flyfly Member

err wat

• flyfly Member