Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for Clients - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tips for Clients

2»

Comments

• I probably send a few too many no-reply replies. Down to folks mistakingly using my email address to sign up for things.

Regularly get sent things like doctors appointments, mortgage details, bank details, e-tickets...etc...

Ended up managing to create a filter that matched a fingerprint for the majority of those types of emails so they get a canned response saying "you've sent mail to the wrong user".

Downside - almost all of them are going to no-reply mailboxes meaning my

"A person has signed up using my account details incorrectly. I do not know you nor wish to use your service, please remove me from your database"

Goes un-read 99% of the time.

Wish more companies would use proper mailboxes instead of no-reply.

• kiloservekiloserve Member
    edited February 2012

@Aldryic said: 2) Maintain a respectful attitude. When you do interact with the company, be polite and courteous to the staff members.

That's a good point. We try our very best to always be polite (it's our job).

But if a client is abusive, we like to suggest and steer them towards finding another provider.

Most companies that have been around for awhile won't lose any sleep over an "entitled" $7/month client going somewhere else.

Much better than having to swallow an "entitled" client mouthing off all the time.