Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Namecheap now accepts Bitcoin - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Namecheap now accepts Bitcoin

13»

Comments

• @david said: Very cool. My domains are at Internet.bs, but this almost makes me want to transfer my domains to namecheap, except they don't have free whois privacy.

At Internet.bs, they only have free whois privacy for a select few domains (and those are ccTLDs).

And here's my post about NameCheap accepting bitcoin:
    bitcoindragon.com/namecheap-is-the-first-major-registrar-to-accept-bitcoin/

• @BypassCensorship said: At Internet.bs, they only have free whois privacy for a select few domains (and those are ccTLDs).

Since when are .com and .net ccTLDs?

• I don't understand the hate for bitcoin. You don't have to use it, but you are going to be left behind by technological progress.

Technology creates new forms of freedom. Before 20 years ago, strong encryption was not available to the public. A despotic government could snoop on anything you did. Now you can encrypt your hard drive and email, and you are given privacy and freedom that no government can break. No amount of guns in the world can solve a math problem.

Now we have the technology to create secure alternative currencies and payment systems. This isn't going away. People will only find more new ways to apply crypto technology to create new freedoms.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@BuzzPoet said: No amount of guns in the world can solve a math problem.

Obligatory:

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@Zen said: It's currently at 43-4 and was at 49 before the mini-crash last night.

oh my god, I sell this early.. :( I lose $19 per btc

I was sell 24.67btc at $30 per btc

• @DewlanceVPS said: I lose $19 per btc

You never lose money taking profit, you only left money on the table.

• @BuzzPoet said: Now we have the technology to create secure alternative currencies and payment systems. This isn't going away. People will only find more new ways to apply crypto technology to create new freedoms.

While bitcoin is enjoying a speculative bubble, and I am right there riding the wave, bitcoin will never reach main stream acceptance. Why it is touted as instant, when it takes at least an hour for 6 confirms is just ridiculous.