Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS - Update - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS - Update

Comments

• I don't think its that active anymore but here:
    http://nwnx.net/GameServer-Network.html

• TazTaz Member
    edited November 2012

All hosts are good. Even the abandoned ones.( half pie sign)

• @Taz said: All hosts are good. Even the abandoned ones.( half pie sign)

Or deferred ones ;)

• The problem is that that idiotic site doesn't have links to the GS network site. #Fail

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited November 2012

@Mun said: The problem is that that idiotic site doesn't have links to the GS network site. #Fail

It was never finished due to time constraints (and ChicagoVPS taking off).

(These are all through talking with Jeremiah and Chris a few months back, I am in no real way am affiliated with NWNX)

• I know, its just annoying to get dead ends

• It's going to be a while for info to get leaked.

It's my understanding that Jeremiah and the other fellow admin are under legal agreements (NDA/non compete/etc.) and that has them with the mouths forced shut.

• @pubcrawler unless you can actually support your wild speculation with sources and citations please shut up.

• @pubcrawler said: It's my understanding that Jeremiah and the other fellow admin are under legal agreements (NDA/non compete/etc.) and that has them with the mouths forced shut.

I WANT TO BELIEVE that there is some sort of backroom drama happening, just for drama's sake.

All that drama aside, though, hopefully Chris comes out with a postmortem on this whole ordeal in the next few days that squares away the security-related concerns -- time from attack to response, any possible theft of data, the Solus vuln, etc. -- if for no other reason than to prove everyone else wrong.

• Oh @gsrdgrdghd believe me, not speculation. It's damn true, especially on the NDA / non compete / time out / gag your mouth legalese.

Go ahead, all you providers out here, turbocharge your VPS business, contact Jeremiah. Make him job offers.

• @pubcrawler

Everything your saying is what I have thought all along, some people just don't want to believe it. The whole part about Chris knowing I have had correspondence with Jon pretty much sums it up.

• Lots of speculation, tin-foiling, blame shifting and gossiping. How about giving @CVPS_Chris a break?

tinfoil-hat

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited November 2012

Yeah because Chris deserves the respect he shows to others :/

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Yeah because Chris deserves the respect he shows to others :/

I am sorry, I don't know him at all. I was just speaking from a "showing some compassion" perspective. It is the Christian thing to do.

• @GetKVM_Ash, sorry about jumping the cone on you when this situation started. I gave CVPS and associates the benefit of the doubt. Kind of foolish. Eternal optimist until duped.

Seems like we've been on a long overdue collision course about who is behind what around here.

Anyone who pays attention outed the BuffaloVPS fraud front before they came clean on that. They even created a fellow as the CEO who wasn't real.

It's not like we are dealing with the innocent or folks who haven't put dollars before morales.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited November 2012

@marcm said: It is the Christian thing to do.

Kind of like the whole do what ever you want i will forgive you attitude, i don't buy it, no disrespect to anybody that does though.

You don't need to know him to see how little respect he has for anybody, just read click on his profile and view his comments lol.

• I can see Chris with a fat cigar butt naked in a hot tub of champaign yelling in best Chapelle voice:

• @pubcrawler said: I can see Chris with a fat cigar butt naked in a hot tub of champaign yelling in best Chapelle voice:

LMFAO

• @HalfEatenPie said: Its not required, and if they don't want to talk about it then they don't want to talk about it. I don't think we really should be constantly demanding more details.

I agree with you (Half), but it all started when Chris said its 'Security Issue in SolusVM' and no explanations (or briefing or hints) after that..

If they don't want to talk about then they shouldn't have said SolusVM but they should have pointed fingers to Sandy :D

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2012

lol, too many Chris known for ....? :P

Chris - Avante
    Chris - ChicagoVPS
    Chris - NixDot
    Chris - KJMS(Closed)

• @DewlanceVPS said: lol, too many Chris known for ....? :P

If they all had autoboot, maybe they would still be in business.

• @CVPS_Chris can you stop the speculating and give us an update including what happened with Jerimiah?

• @24khost, Chris doesen't have to give us an update about jeremiah because that is not our business.

He needs to give us an update of the status of all the compromised boxes and the solusvm part as @Pats said

• I'm sure a few of us know the story, but I respect Chris' right to privacy.

• LA Node 1 has gone up and down several times over the past day. I guess I'll be making an extra backup.

• I just think we need an update from Chris to stop of the speculation.

• deadpool

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@unused said: deadpool

That aint gonna happen, at least not now.
    CVPS has a lot of dollars and gear, they can run off that for some time, even if customers leave.
    M

• @wdq said: LA Node 1 has gone up and down several times over the past day. I guess I'll be making an extra backup.

So you're actually going to keep your data with them even after they lost backups, emailed everyone to say they lost backups, then lost the new backups again (or their system lied about the new backups being created), then lost all of their customer data along with any of the imaginary backups?

I'm wondering how many people actually had their VPSs restored.

• @marcm said: It is the Christian thing to do.

So's "an eye for an eye".